New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Me and My Post

5 posters

Go down

Me and My Post Empty Me and My Post

Post  chicagokid43 Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:14 pm

Me and My Post by Michael Mitchell

Over the last year I have been attacked for many different post and I want to let you know that despite your feelings I have always been consistent. On this blog and others I have always called things as I see them. This year alone I have spoke out on coaches,referees and rules and been very outspoken and to the point. I have never been one to hide behind my thoughts wether you agree or disagree I usually stand my ground and sign my name. Like me or not you know where I stand which is more than I can say for many that hide behind nick names.
Yesterday with much discussion about my son I made an attempt to thank those that were arguing that he was first team and spoke that I do not give the system much weight by the way it is voted upon and did nothing to argue that he was more deserving than any other player in any way. While I mentioned his statistics as a career note that was just an attempt to give him some respect for what he has done over the 3.2 years of varsity. I did not demean or flame against anyone. However someone on this site decided that by mentioning his statistics I had ulterior motives. Let me correct you for one second. My son played like a second team player on too many occasions this year to get first team. No doubt in my mind he did not get the most of his skills as a whole his season and left some doubt even in my mind that he deserved first team. While others were arguing about it I was fine with the decision and made no point to argue. I hoped that his overall numbers left a good view of his overall career and showed that if nothing else he was unselfish and ended his high school career with some nice accomplishments. While posting this Boxout decided to not only call numbers that were talked about as a estimate but also my motive for posting them. Apparently I am not only an outspoken and willing to sign my name I am also someone who uses ulterior motives and post to say something under my breath. Get real guys I am not both. I speak my mind and I sign my name. I do not say things for my son unless he deserves it. Thus I did not come on here and argue that he was a first team player this year. In my mind he showed his worth in the playoffs and in one game had 17 missing only one shot and in another game he had 6 points on four shots. A good point guard knows when he needs to score like Bedford and needs to distribute like he did against Portsmouth. In the playoffs he was the best point guard in D2 but that does not make him first team all state. I guess my point is when posting about your own kid you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. I have been around these blogs and forums for some time. Rest assured if I feel or think something I say it. If you have to wonder what I was thinking chances are I was joking and you missed the punch line. I do not need to use ulterior motives and go about things in a round about way. I am not wired that way. If you want to know what I feel about something ask, I doubt you will walk away not knowing.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Me and My Post Empty Re: Me and My Post

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:33 pm

Here's the official Forum stance on "real names": https://nhsports.forumotion.net/t542-usernames-vs-real-names

One of the difficulties in reading this forum and other comments on blogs is it can be very hard to tell when someone is joking. There are no facial expressions. No changes in the tone of one's voice. It's just words, and they can be interpreted in many different ways. A single sentence could be interpreted in 5 different ways from 5 different individuals with 5 different vested interests.

I would have to go back and read the thread(s) to see for sure - but I don't think anybody has said Mike Jr. shouldn't be on the first team. I think the argument was more that 3 players on one team is very rare (not even that it shouldn't happen). If anything, the argument was that he should be on first team.

And just like everybody else Mike, if you felt he should have been on 1st (you don't but if you did) you have the right to voice that opinion here too. Just like GNG could probably make a case for his son who very easily could or should have gotten honorable mention for the intangibles he brought to that BG team.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Me and My Post Empty Alot of this comes down to politics

Post  GNG Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:20 am

I would love to see who voted for who. Mike Mitchell 1st team ,no question. POLITICS
How about the coach who left both Mcclung and Green off his 1st team division one ballot. POLITICS
The BG football coaches I saw at the championship Saturday were still talking how my kid {the only kid to start both ways for BG} got screwed in the all state
voting. POLITICS.

Just speculating here, but it would not surprise me one bit if their are coaches out there who read these blog sites, and don't like what chikid and I have said in the past. If that is true, it is SAD. The coaches shouldn't take it out on the kids.

On a more positive not. BG'S baseball team has 4 Merrimack kids. Remi, Cuips, Clapp, Kelly{doing baseball/track}. Is there any catcher in the league who can throw Kelly out? Just found out where the new coach lives, yep just like Migs, MERRIMACK.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:51 am

My point exactly. Readers with different interests can take words out of context. I think you just need to be very cognizant of what you post in a forum such as this.

It's actually a good discussion I think. Parents posting about their children/sports on the Internet. Touchy subject. I'm sure you'll find a lot of parents out there that have no problem with it, and probably even more that do. It's very easy to confuse a proud parent with someone with a hidden agenda when you're talking about words you read on a webpage. Especially when it's a rival reading your post.

For me personally, I'd probably keep my thoughts regarding my child to myself. But if you're coming to a forum like this and somebody has said your child had a bad game, or made a bad play, would be very hard to sit on the sidelines. For those of us that don't have a horse in the race yet, it's very easy to break down a players performance/game good or bad. Harder for a parent to do it without sounding like they've got that hidden agenda I mentioned earlier.

Can't wait to see what challenges face me in 15 years when my daughter enters high school.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:55 am

And when your daughter starts dating

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:05 am

She's sleeping in her crib forever.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:22 pm

That's what I thought about my oldest daughter, Asst. Crib, house and neighborhood forever. Now, she's been dating a guy for a while at school out of state. They go on trips together, but never seem to veer towards the T & F homestead so I can meet the guy.

"The guy" must know I give away technicals and prevent circumvention because his GPS just doesn't have home of T & F programmed into it scratch

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:36 pm

la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la can't hear anything..........
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:53 pm

Not being able to hear anything provides a good foundation for you becoming a referee.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Me and My Post Empty And

Post  chicagokid43 Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:00 pm

And not being able to see is just a coincidence. lol

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:04 pm

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't some one from Milford text me at around 3:50-ish yesterday afternoon and conclude their blogging career was over scratch

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Me and My Post Empty Nope

Post  chicagokid43 Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:16 pm

Nope!

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:24 pm

Wow, my eye sight must be deteriorating. I could've sworn I received a text, from SOMEONE from Milford that said:

And I am paraphrasing......

......Have concluded my blogging career is over... Come to the conclusion referees are great guys and I have been too hard on them the last 4 years......Will turn over a new leaf in the new basketball stage of my life.....Will try to be kinder, gentler and much less controversial as I move on.

Just para phrasing, of course.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Me and My Post Empty No Way Jim Collins Wrote That

Post  chicagokid43 Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:34 pm

No way Jim Collins wrote that!

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:45 pm

As long as THAT PERSON from Milford keeps justifying, in his own mind to himself, then that's what counts.

For him.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Me and My Post Empty THIS STUFF IS FUNNY

Post  GNG Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:48 pm

Love a great laugh when I am reading this site,good job chikid and t@f.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Me and My Post Empty I took a girl to the prom

Post  GNG Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:54 pm

Her dad shows me his shotgun, tells me to have her home by midnight. The girl wants to stay out all night. I'm scared to death thinking this guy is serious. Had her home by 11:30. We never went out again. I don't know if he was a ref or not, but he was crazy enough to be one.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:55 pm

Just trying to start your weekend off in the right mood, GNG.

To Chikid: No way Jim Collins could've sent me that text because he's always been a perfect gentleman and he manages to watch all 32 minutes of a Milford basketball game Twisted Evil

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:59 pm

My oldest daughter used to have HS basketball players over the house a few years ago, but then they stopped coming. When I asked her why she said they felt intimidated by me because of the questions/comments I was saying to them about their playing, their coaches and their games.

My daughter said, "They're afraid of you Dad."

I walked away into another room and pumped my fist in happiness as I knew I was accomplishing one of my missions as a dad.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Me and My Post Empty Remember...

Post  chicagokid43 Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:28 pm

Myself and two other Milfordites have the same record for removal during a basketball game. Three tied with 1 ejection each. However mine was the only one during the regular season. Does that mean I have a better record because the game counted or a worse record because it counted?

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:04 am

1) I can't figure out if you are bragging or complaining about these Milford-ites' removals from basketball games.

2) Either way one has to wonder about the Apple Trees setting an example for the little Apples on the branches before the little Apples fall to the Ground of Life. Razz

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down