New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Division I Player of the Year

2 posters

Go down

Division I Player of the Year Empty Division I Player of the Year

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:30 am

Interesting so far looking who has been chosen for this award from various entities...in the case of the Gatorade award it encompasses all divisions but I think it can be lumped in here.

Gatorade Player of the Year - Connor Green

NHCBO Player of the Year - David Madol

NHSportsPage Player of the Year - John Wickey

Interesting...who's next? McClung? Donnelly?

I think you easily make a case for any of these young men, but I thought it was interesting that so far we have 3 different entities giving this Division-wide award, and so far all 3 have given it to a different player. A testament to the high level of play, parity and skill level amongst the top players. There was no Tyler Roche this year...
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Division I Player of the Year Empty Re: Division I Player of the Year

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:02 pm

Who chooses gatorade POY?

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:24 pm

From their website:

In 1985, The Gatorade Company established an award honoring America's elite high school student-athletes. Now in its third decade, the Gatorade Player of the Year award has become one of the most prestigious accolades in high school sports. The Gatorade Player of the Year program annually recognizes one award winner in the District of Columbia and each of the 50 states that sanction high school boys football, girls volleyball, boys and girls cross country, boys and girls soccer, boys and girls basketball, boys baseball, girls softball, and boys and girls track & field. ESPN RISE, the multimedia high school division of ESPN, in partnership with The Gatorade Company, administers the selection process for Gatorade State and National Player of the Year awards. All final selection decisions are the result of a collaborative effort between ESPN RISE and The Gatorade Company.

Among Gatorade Player of the Year award alumni, fans will discover names like Peyton Manning, Candace Parker, Alonzo Mourning and Lisa Leslie. These champions represent only a handful of exceptionally talents who were first recognized by the Gatorade Player of the Year program before shining at the highest levels of competition. For over 25 years, state and national Players of the Year have been honored for their athletic achievements, academic excellence and exemplary character.

The Gatorade Company is proud to recognize, celebrate and support the nation's most outstanding high school talents throughout their journey to greatness both on and off the field.

More from their website:

The Gatorade State Player of the Year award winners are evaluated and selected on the basis of three criteria: Athletic Achievement — success made at the club, national or international levels of competition, and standout performances in their respective sport. Includes statistical production, honors, skill-set evaluation, leadership ability, overall impact on team success and historical context of accomplishments. Academic Excellence — review of GPA and class rank, as well as SAT and ACT scores, academic honors and distinctions. Exemplary Character — overall sportsmanship, but also membership and participation in positive activities that demonstrate commitment to character and community.

State Player of the Year award winners are eligible for the Gatorade National Player of the Year award in their respective sports.

You can download the full rules here: http://playeroftheyear.gatorade.com/assets/about/rules.pdf
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:25 pm

Obviously academics play a large part in the Gatorade POY.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:57 pm

Academics character giving back to community

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content