New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

March Madness Bracket

4 posters

Go down

March Madness Bracket Empty March Madness Bracket

Post  Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:48 am

Figured I'd make a group for anyone that wants to participate hopefully it works if not let me know I'll fix the settings. It's on yahoo, if it's easier I can change it to espn but both are free to make an account if you don't have one already.

Instructions to join:
Click on this link- http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/register/joingroup
Proceed by pressing the join group button.
Enter the Group ID # which is: 102975
Enter the Password- basketball
Additional notes- Good luck this bracket is a mess

Back to top Go down

March Madness Bracket Empty Re: March Madness Bracket

Post  EBlessNHSP Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:07 am

Thanks for starting it up BigMan, I was going to do it today, you beat me to the punch. No probelmo using the Forum name...
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:13 am

The yahoo brackets are screwy...not saving for me...
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:50 pm

Did it end up saving? Mine saved...

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:27 pm

Saved for me

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:16 pm

got it working...
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:18 am

Not really drawing a lot of interest, but brackets don't need to be filled out until thursday so there is still time to join.

Back to top Go down

March Madness Bracket Empty I see Tully

Post  boxout Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:45 pm

Now I know why you wanted to switch to the NCAA bracket talk, you are leading. That is me on the bottom. I am hoping for a late tournament run. It gets interesting when someone who is picked to win it all loses. People who picked Pitt (not our brackets) are not happy this morning. What is wrong with the Big East? I think I saw they only have 4 or 5 teams left out of 11.

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:11 pm

Tully leading the Forum bracket? This coming on the heels of Tully's outrageously popular percentage picks.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:21 pm

Tully was running away with it, but he had duke taking it all and since they lost he has given myself and The Assistant a shot to come back. Tully's still in first but the highest total points he can now get is 105 where as the Assistant can get 137 and I can finish with 136. Things could be decided Assistant has UNC taking it all and I have Ohio State if one were to lose and the other wins, it's likely to be all over.

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:34 pm

Lets go HEELS!!!
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:45 pm

It pains me having the Buckeyes win. Can't stand Ohio State athletics, partly because I'm a Penn State Football fan, but I just think they're loaded this year and it'll take a special performance to beat them.

Back to top Go down

March Madness Bracket Empty Well...

Post  boxout Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:36 am

stick a fork in me. That was a lot of fun guys, thanks for sking me to play. 7? games left and it is over.
Any idea if ESPN or CBS mentioned how many people picked VCU to go this far? Amazing.

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:10 am

Looks like I'm toast now as well. Tully's still leading after today, has 3 final 4 teams left but his one team that's out was his championship winner. Meanwhile The Assistant has 2 final four teams remaining both of which he has going to the 'ship, so Slight edge to him to end up winning.

I just read on espn, that in there bracket challenge only .4% of the 5.8 million people that filled a bracket out on there site still have VCU remaining (so it doesn't include other sites such as yahoo, cbssports etc) If I did my math correctly that's something like 23,200 people. Current Enrollment of undergrads at VCU (according to collegeboard) 23,400. I was going to joke that all those brackets are probably VCU students, now I know not everyone at VCU did a bracket and had there school going this far just thought it was wierd that the numbers were so close.

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:24 am

Well...since none of us picked any final 4 teams...looks like its over! TULLY is the 2011 winner...congrats!! cyclops
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:40 am

A winner declared with NO ONE picking any Final Four teams? A down year for Forum-ites and their brackets.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:49 am

Here's a story from ESPN on picking this years bracket....

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/tag/_/name/2011-ncaa-trends

More than 5.9 million brackets were filled out for ESPN.com's Tournament Challenge, but exactly two went 4-for-4 in picking Final Four teams.

Only 1,093 brackets had three of the Final Four correct, while 2.1 percent had two right. A total of 27.6 percent had one Final Four team, while the vast majority of you -- 70.3 percent -- don't have a single team left.

The improbable VCU-Butler matchup definitely busted the most brackets, as just 192 brackets correctly predicted VCU and Butler to meet in the national semifinals. Overall, 36,732 (0.6 percent) had Butler in the Final Four, while just 5,791 (0.1 percent) picked VCU to go this far. Of the 192 brackets picking VCU and Butler in the Final Four, 112 picked Butler to win.

As for the other half of the bracket, 112,489 brackets (1.9 percent) had Connecticut and Kentucky meeting in the Final Four. Overall, 23.1 percent of brackets had UConn making it this far, compared with 8 percent for Kentucky. Of the brackets with the Huskies and Wildcats, 53.5 percent have Connecticut winning.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:55 am

I'm usually not one for publicity, but now you've exposed me as one of the two out of 5.9 million having the correct 4 teams in the Final Four.

Only kidding - just wanted to give a jump start to any Forum-ites who might of run out of coffee in the percolator.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down