New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

INSIDE THE NUMBERS

4 posters

Go down

INSIDE THE NUMBERS Empty INSIDE THE NUMBERS

Post  Big Guy Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:25 am

The numbers don't lie {or do they}?Anyway I have put together the list of the tourny teams and who they have beaten that has a record of over 5oo.Unlike my friend T@F I like to look inside the numbers to extrapilate any info before making my picks.
1WINNY-BEAT PINKY 14-4,MEMORIAL 12-6,SALEM 12-6,AND WEST 12-6. 4 TEAMS WITH A COMBINED RECORD OF 50-22
2 PINKY-BEAT SALEM 12-6,WEST 12-6,DOVER 14-4,MERRIMACK 14-4,AND TRINITY 14-4.5 TEAMS WITH A COMBINED RECORD OF 66-24
3 TRINITY- BEAT MEMORIAL 12-6,WINNY 15-3,BG 14-4,MERRIMACK 14-4.4 TEAMS WITH A COMBINED RECORD OF 55-17
4 MERRIMACK- BEAT DOVER 14-4,WEST 12-6,AND BG 14-4.3 TEAMS WITH A COMBINED RECORD OF 40-14
5 BG- BEAT DOVER 14-4,PINKY 14-4,WINNY 15-3,AND WEST 12-6. 4 TEAMS WITH A COMBINED RECORD OF 55-17
6 DOVER- BEAT SALEM 12-6,TRINITY 14-4,MEMORIAL 12-6,WINNY 15-3.4 TEAMS WITH A COMBINED RECORD OF 53-19
7 WEST- BEAT TRINITY 14-4,MEMORIAL 12-6, AND SALEM 12-6. 3 TEAMS WITH A COMBINED RECORD OF 38-16
8 MEMORIAL- BEAT PINKY 14-4,SALEM 12-6,BG 14-4,AND MERRIMACK 14-4. 4 TEAMS WITH A COMBINED RECORD OF 54-18
9 SALEM- BEAT BG 14-4,AND MERRIMACK 14-4.2 TEAMS WITH A COMBINED RECORD OF 28-8
10 CENTRAL- BEAT TRINITY 14-4,AND WEST 12-6. 2 TEAMS WITH A COMBINED RECORD OF 26-10
11 NORTH- BEAT SALEM 12-6,AND WEST 12-6.2 TEAMS WITH A COMBINED RECORD OF 24-12
12 ALVIRNE- BEAT DOVER 14-4
13 LONDONDERRY.
14 EXETER- BEAT PINKY 14-4
15 SPAULDING
16 GTOWN -BEAT MEMORIAL 12-6
Take from this what you want,but I don't think there are going to be as many 1st round upsets as people think.You know what is kind of ironic is my final 4 picks are PINKY,TRINITY,MEMORIAL,AND BG.The numbers support those picks.

Big Guy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

INSIDE THE NUMBERS Empty Re: INSIDE THE NUMBERS

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:55 pm

"Unlike my friend T@F I like to look inside the numbers to extrapilate any info before making my picks."

Big Guy, numbers don't always tell the story. Sometimes, it comes down to matchups, coaching and other factors. I EXTRAPOLATE info also from talking to people, etc. People can get caught up in numbers and have their playoff minds convoluted by them, but if one exercises a mental patience with them and not have the temerity to force it on others, then in the end the playoff mind can be free of overlay and a misconstrued sense of comfort that can come with numbers that seem to support a prediction, but in the end be defeated by the raw emotion and humanism of high school players that perform better than high school players on the opposition.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

INSIDE THE NUMBERS Empty word of the day, temerity

Post  Big Guy Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:41 am

T@ F, I was astonished at your diatribe against the numbers.I was merely using it as a tool to show the good readers of this blog that in my opinion there will not by many {if any} upsets in the 1st round of the nhiaa class L playoffs.I also apologize for any spelling errors which may occur,you must understand when I am writing these valuable insights, these golden nuggets of info,that I am usually involved in an online poker tournament and proper grammar is not my top priority.Now that we have cleared that up, I didn't look at just the numbers when I took Trinity minus a starter to make it to the final 4.I looked at a team with a great coach,a great player in the middle,and a tough, hard nosed gritty point guard. I didn't look at just the numbers when I took Memorial to make it to the final 4 despite losing to Gtown.They could be gone in the 1st round T@F, but I have the intestinal fortitude to make the pick based on the father- son combo platter that the crusaders offer.I didn't look at the numbers when I took Pinkerton who I think has the class L player of the year in their center,and a warrior in Proulx.I didn't look at the numbers when I picked BG. I Looked at a team that is healthy,peaking,talented, and deep.I see a great coach whose time has come.I see a great captain IN Scotty ST. Lawrence who is going to have a monster tourny.I see a 2 headed beast in McClung and Green who have been hanging 50 a game on teams the last 2 weeks {xcept against gtown,they played min. minutes}.Now my cards are on the table,T@ F,I AM WAITING TO SEE YOURS.

Big Guy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:05 am

Let me clarify, Big Guy. You are or are not looking at the numbers? I will not go on a diatribe. Your postings are very good. You are a passionate HS basketball fan. I love the cards you have put on the Class L table.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Guy Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:15 am

Actually, after all the research I had my pet monkey throw 4 darts against the wall and those are the 4 names that it came up with.I am surprised no predictions from other people.

Big Guy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:39 am

Ok ok I'll chime in with some predictions....

Winnacunnet - Out of the top bracket I like Winny to prevail. Tough decision as they have one of the toughest roads to get to the Final 4 having to go through either Memorial or Salem. I think Winnacunnet is the most well-rounded teams in State and they just hurt you top to bottom. They play great defense and have solid shooters to never be out of a game.

Bishop Guertin - The next bracket will likely come down to a great BG/Merrimack game in Merrimack. The home court could swing this game, but will Eric Watson play? Too many questions surrounding Merrimack, I'll take BG with their depth and ability to score from all areas of the court and on the break.

Pinkerton - Pinkerton has the easiest road in my opinion, although a first round matchup vs. Spaulding could get tricky if Spaulding is shooting the ball the way they can. Pinkerton's got the best two bigmen in the game and an improving set of guards. A second round matchup vs West or Central should be a win as both teams have been depleted by injuries or off court issues.

Dover - I like Dover to come out of the bottom bracket. North is a tough game, but if they can get by them, there's no guarantees they'll be playing Trinity in the second round. In fact, they could very easily have a home game vs. Exeter after what could be an upset in the making when they play Trinity. Exeter played the Pioneers tough for 3 quarters in the regular season, and Trinity is without Zach Stevens for the remainder of the year down with a torn ACL according to Mr. JL. Dover matches up well against Exeter and I like them to prevail on the back of Alex Burt.

Last edited by The Assistant on Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

INSIDE THE NUMBERS Empty that's what I am talking about.

Post  Big Guy Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:59 am

Good job asst.For what it's worth my son has the same bracket as you.He likes Dover alot.

Big Guy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

INSIDE THE NUMBERS Empty my bracket

Post  tarrier Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:44 pm

Prelims...Winny easily over Gtown...Memorial squeaks by Salem in a thriller
Merrimack finds a way to beat L'derry without Watson(it's my opinion he wont play)...BG just too much for Alvirne.

Quarters...Memorial goes on the road to beat Winny...BG cruises past a still Watson-less Tomahawk team to get to the Final 4.

Prelims...Pinky doesn't stub a toe in the 1st round this year against Spaulding, but it's a close one...West knocks off an injury and sickness weary Central team(if Valentin plays, which I think he will).

Quarters...Pinky routs West in the Quarters to book a spot in Durham next week.

Prelims...Trinity survives another close, but no cigar Exeter effort...Dover punishes Nashua North...

Quarters...The Green Wave washes into Manchester to knock off the defending champs and earn a trip to Lundholm!

Semis...BG exacts some revenge for a regular season loss to the Crusaders in Manchester. Pinkerton's size wins out against Dover.

Finals...I'm going with BG to win it all because their Big 3 of McClung, Green and St. Lawrence will get Pinky's horses in foul trouble.

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

INSIDE THE NUMBERS Empty I love tarrier

Post  Big Guy Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:52 pm

just got back from lunch with cuips, but i love the way tarrier thinks.T@ F DID YOU EVER COACH MARC WHITNEY?

Big Guy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down