New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Friday's D1 Boy's Quarterfinal Matchups

+8
tarrier
NHRamFan
Tulliver
Tuesday and Friday
JAF
GNG
abball
chicagokid43
12 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Friday's D1 Boy's Quarterfinal Matchups Empty Friday's D1 Boy's Quarterfinal Matchups

Post  chicagokid43 Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:10 am

Looking into Fridays matchups I am confused over which game to take in. Central and Salem may be the best match up. Although I did gain a little respect for Alvirne tonight. I do not see them winning Friday but that game may be close for a while.

BG should handle Spaulding.

Trinity over Londonderry fairly easily.

I may be parking in the garage on Friday.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Friday's D1 Boy's Quarterfinal Matchups Empty Re: Friday's D1 Boy's Quarterfinal Matchups

Post  abball Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:14 am

The Salem Central game goes seem to be the best one to go to. The garage could be calling my name too if things get bad on Crusader way i may head over.

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Friday's D1 Boy's Quarterfinal Matchups Empty Re: Friday's D1 Boy's Quarterfinal Matchups

Post  GNG Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:30 am

Top 4 seeds advance to Durham. Game of the night Salem- Central. The 1st time they played was a doozy. I hate to say it , but a HUGE factor in this game will be who is reffing. Gonna let them play or make them pay. Neither team is deep, if it is a foul fest an unknown may well decide this contest.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:37 am

Too bad this isn't a few years back when all the quarter final games were played in Durham too... If I remember right, it was 2 games Tues and 2 games Wed. Budget cuts, the price of gas, and the NHIAA decision to put those games on home courts really is too bad. It's tough to be in 4 places at one time. Imagine seeing Salem v. Central at 6P and then Spaulding v. BG at 730P on Tues... Then Lond v. Trinity and Alvirne v. Memorial the next night! Hoops heaven.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:38 am

Agree with you on the physical/fouling scenario in the Central - Salem game, GNG.

The rebounding action was very trucculent in the regular season game. I almost got a bruise from the physical sonic waves coming from the rebounding action that went into the stands at Central. Then, I realized it was your audio waves trying to explain the seeding scenarios for the playoffs Very Happy

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Friday's D1 Boy's Quarterfinal Matchups Empty My son is going dancing tonight,is that a sign?

Post  GNG Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:22 pm

BG has their semi formal tonight,no school Friday.Teacher's workshop. It got me thinking who is going to keep on dancing up to Durham. Since alot of the ladies have said I am a cross of Patrick Swayze {Dirty Dancing},and John Travolta {Saturday Night Fever} on the dance floor, I figure I might as well give my opinion on who will survive the dance marathon.

Londonderry at Trinity. Lancer fans I have been with you all year. I even convinced the Fred Astaire of this site{T@F} at the beginning of the year that you would be dancing long after WEST side story had finished their run. However the Pioneers are TOUGH at home, and you guys couldn't beat them in Londonderry. The matchups are all wrong for you,great season though. Trinity WALTZES to Durham.

Alvirne at Memorial. Not many people are calling the Merrimack game an upset anymore. My vote for coach of the year {if I had 1} Goes to the Alvirne coach.0-6 to start the season.They almost beat Memorial the first time. Key word almost. Coach Fitz is like Belichek, he now knows what you are going do, and he will make adjustments accordingly. Madol and Morgan are a great duo. Memorial RHUMBAS to Durham.

Salem at Central. Remember the old western saloon fights. Guys breaking whiskey bottles on each other,chairs smashing. Guys flying thru windows.Someone ending up in a piano. That is nothing compared to this game. I wouldn't be surprised if this game is played in the forties. Free throws will be crucial.Whoever SURVIVES this game will be black and blue, and I suspect wearing a little green. Central MOSH PITS {kind of a dance} to Durham.

Spaulding at BG. The lads from Lund Rd last tasted defeat at the hands of the red raiders. The green and gold have added a few dance partners since that last tango in Rochester. Spaulding, I would like to introduce Mr Green 6ft4, and Mr McCarthy 6ft5. These 2 LOVE to dance. Coach Migs won't have to say much before this game. BG does a CONGA LINE to Durham.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:31 pm

Wow, love the dancing theme, GNG. I almost feel like doing some myself or go by your line:

"Dance like nobody's watching."

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:50 pm

I actually laughed out loud at yours. That's twice this week {chikid had a pm that was funny}. Feel free to move mine to your quarter final thread if you want. Know this T@F even if guertin loses friday "I've had the time of my life" on this site, and several watering holes thruout the granite state . I will continue to give you my unique perspective long after my son is gone.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:01 pm

"I actually laughed out loud at yours." GNG

You mean the Red Raider Revenge post? I had a delicious time thinking that one up, Mr Lechter.

You know I didn't realize until after my quarterfinal post there was already a thread going. It's been a tough week for me. My mind is running on exhaust fumes....... will try to get some semblance of sleep tonight so I can enjoy a quarterfinal tomorrow and the veritable Who's Who of the Queen City at Billy's with the Queen City Quarterfinal Summit happening at 7:00 pm.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:09 pm

"I will continue to give you my unique perspective long after my son is gone."
GNG

Unique is certainly one of the words in my verbal arsenal I would use to describe you, GNG.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:10 pm

You Know I can't leave Merrimack friday night. If Guertin is lucky enough to get to UNH next week Mr Holler says he knows some great spots for the FANatics to quench their thirst if one is parched.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:13 pm

Quarterfinal Games D1 Boy's for March 11th:

A couple of years ago Memorial hosted Winny and Trinity hosted West on a Saturday quarterfinal night that was memorable for the Queen City. Tomorrow night Memorial, Trinity and Central will be hosting quarterfinal games. This is unbelievably exciting. Hoops will be hot for the QC Friday night. The possibility that 3 of the 4 teams in the final four next Tuesday could be from the QC also makes tomorrow night so special.

The toughest thing for tomorrow isn't going to be deciding what game to go to. The toughest thing will be getting a seat at Billy's around 9:00 pm. Can you imagine the hoop talk at Billy's tomorrow night? It'll be one for the ages. Billy's should just set up tables in the parking lot for tomorrow evening.

Spaulding at BG:
GNG has been talking about Red Raider Revenge for the last couple of weeks. He and BG get what they wished for. Can you see this scenario at BG's parking lot early tomorrow evening......

..... The Spaulding team bus pulls in and GNG is there waiting for them and greets them as they get off the bus. He is dressed like Hannibal Lechter and says to the Spaulding players, "I enjoy Red Raiders with fava beans and a nice chianti, Slurp Slurp Slurp." Coach Cronin says to his players, "Believe me, you don't want GNG Lechter inside your heads." GNG then says as the Red Raiders enter C-Dome, "I do wish we could chat longer, but I'm having an old friend for dinner."

Enough with GNG Lechter..... We all know or at least GNG has reminded us 100 times Spaulding beat BG with the Cardinals not having Green. BG has been playing very well lately. Spaulding has been one of the happy stories this year in D1. Unfortunately, they will have a sad ending to their season tomorrow night.

BG 80% Spaulding 20%

Londonderry at Trinity:
Trinity beat Londonderry by 16 at the Lancers' court Feb. 15th when Londonderry was playing well and not a best kept secret. Trinity can contain Colby with Viscarello. Will Londonderry get points from many people not named Colby? That is the deciding factor. Trinity's offense picked it up in the last third of the season. They have those shot blockers and the Friday night home crowd on their side.

Trinity 85% Londonderry 15%

Salem at Central:
This game will not be for any one who is timid. The wars waged near the rim will be so physical that the team in better shape for the 4th quarter might win this one. Gallant vs Wickey is a battle for the ages. In their first game Meisser didn't get too many 2nd half looks which stifled the Salem offense. These teams are evenly matched. This is what a 4-5 game should be. If the refs let these 2 teams play then these teams will REALLY PLAY and clutch and grab and shove and push and .... you get the point. John Rist should set up Advil dispensers and ice machines in the locker rooms for both teams tomorrow evening. Lord knows the Blue Devil and Little Green players will need it.

Central 52% Salem 48%

Alvrine at Memorial:
Cinderella is officially at 1 Crusader Way tomorrow evening. Alvrine is the only double digit seed left in the tournament. I told some associates a month ago this could be the year a double digit seed gets to the Final Four or championship game. I just didn't know my only hope of seeing that would have to go through David Madol and Shomari Morgan. Alvrine took advantage of a reeling Merrimack team to send them packing. Memorial is not reeling. Since Memorial lost to BG on Jan. 25th they have won 10 of 11 games. They did this by bringing up some players from JVs and increasing their playing and scoring depth. Madol and Morgan have been a dynamite combo. Morgan is one of the toughest driving finishers in D1. Madol can drop a couple of 3's on you or clean up the glass like a bucket of windex. Memorial is receiving scoring from so many more players not named Madol or Morgan. They are dangerous and poised.

Memorial 80% Alvrine 20%

Billy's being stretched at the seams tomorrow night by 9:00 to 9:30 pm............100%

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:17 pm

"If Guertin is lucky enough to get to UNH next week"
GNG

I thought it came down to skill of players, coaching and adjustments this time of year, GNG?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:36 pm

This time of year some funny things can/will/did happen. You never know.Did you think the Clippers would beat the Celts last night? The Heat losing 5 in a row. You never know, That's why we had so much fun this year, you never know when it's going to end.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:02 pm

Wow, I'm sensing some jittery apprehension from the Cardinal Camp.......

......To paraphase Joe Pesci in the movie JFK, if he was talking about the HS b-ball playoffs, he would say:

"Oh man, don't you get it? The next 9 days will be a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma."

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:09 pm

I'll say this. Cautiously optimistic. I remember a certain Trinity team back in 2004 and what happened to them,and this BG team is nowhere as good as that Trinity team.

Gotta admit T@F all season I have been banging the drum for Londonderry and Spaulding, and they made it to the great 8. I did miss the boat on Alvirne.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:13 pm

I don't think any one was on board with Alvrine after they started 0 - 6 this season.

They have always been a "mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma."

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:56 pm

With the new jittery apprehension that has been revealed in Cardinal Country I am changing my Tulliver % pick in the BG - Spaulding game from:

BG 80% Spaulding 20% to BG 70% Spaulding 30%

But, I still say Go BG !!

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:11 pm

You realize my system is Trademarked, correct?

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:15 pm

And the rate for each night of using the TPP system is ???

2 associates came up to me at SNHU last night and said the TPP makes a lot of sense.

I think we're on to something big here, Tully. This picking system allows you to keep your pick for a game, but if information is revealed after picking, like jittery apprehension etc., then you can adjust the percentage. In this instance, the Spaulding at BG game, if Spaulding pulls the upset I can say, "look at how my percentage flow changed on the game. The upset makes sense."

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:30 pm

Hate to do this,but with that new adjustment you made I only have 4 words to say to you. "NO SHIRT FOR YOU". 90% to 10% is about right.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:35 pm

You have to be kidding, right? You are the one who showers the Forum with Cardinal jittery apprehension and then you criticize me for using it in my TPP. Now, you are taking away my BG shirt? I guess the pressure of the playoffs is starting to get to you and others.

I, on the other hand, can't wait for 7:00 pm tomorrow evening. No matter what shirt I might be wearing. I'll probably meet ChiKid at a QC gym tomorrow and proudly display my Milford shirt.

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:38 pm

And you had no problem with my original BG 80% Spaulding 20%.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:41 pm

I got you a beautiful leather bg jacket, but now there is a 70% chance that I am keeping it Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:42 pm

So, this is the start of Playoff Percentage War ??

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next