New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

March 1st Games

+6
1380TheSportsAnimal
JAF
chicagokid43
GNG
D-4hoop411
Tuesday and Friday
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

March 1st Games - Page 2 Empty Re: March 1st Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:42 pm

"they (BG) were head and shoulders above the field last year and didn't finish. Just figured I'd give BG some bulletin board material."

Salem Bleacher Creature

{Thanks Salem BC. I love it when people give GNG some bulletin board material}

{I'm actually getting used to typing} {Like GNG} {This could be the start of something new} {for me}.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:45 pm

McClung had 24 points at halftime. Does anybody know how many points he finished with? I heard most of the starters were on the bench near the end of the 3rd quarter for both teams.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:44 am

Tuesday and Friday wrote: "they (BG) were head and shoulders above the field last year and didn't finish. Just figured I'd give BG some bulletin board material."

Salem Bleacher Creature

{Thanks Salem BC. I love it when people give GNG some bulletin board material}

{I'm actually getting used to typing} {Like GNG} {This could be the start of something new} {for me}.

You're using WAY too many capital letters. And what's with that period at the end of the last sentence?
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:53 am

Anyone know the final (or if it's even done) of the Souhegan Bedford game? I just heard it was in triple OT, but haven't heard a score or anything anybody have info on that?

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:04 am

"You're using WAY too many capital letters. And what's with that period at the end of the last sentence?"
The Asst.

Thanks for pointing that out Asst. As much as I try to be like GNG grammatically, in honor of BG's 91 - 49 victory tonight, I just can't go all the way to GNG's grammatical dark side. It must be the reverence and respect I have for English.

but i really {appreciate} you pointing out my homage to{GNG}

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

March 1st Games - Page 2 Empty Bedford won

Post  Guest Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:10 am

Bedford won still no idea onthe score.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:15 am

On Thursday Souhegan plays Lebanon. The loser of this game might win the Milford Sweepstakes for a D2 Quarterfinal game.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:25 am

The UL's Eric Emmerling already has his article posted on the Memorial - Trinity game:

http://unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Majong+helps+Trinity+rally+past+Memorial&articleId=da80f791-6410-4427-a276-7d5704f12cf0

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

March 1st Games - Page 2 Empty well since you were waiting

Post  GNG Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:22 am

gonna be a long day,what a night.I will give senior night recap and review when I get home from work,I do know this big cuips went up to Fitz at half and said "I have a great headline for you,Merrimack beats Merrimack,BG wins".

Last edited by GNG on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:23 am; edited 2 times in total

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

March 1st Games - Page 2 Empty did i tell you

Post  GNG Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:33 am

t@f 5 games in a row that the starters have not played the 4th quarter.

Last edited by GNG on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

March 1st Games - Page 2 Empty OOPS

Post  GNG Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:35 am

bg can finish no lower then 3rd if they lose friday,even though Memorial and Trinity would have the same record.Bg beat both of them and yet they would be 3rd,great system,heh.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:24 am

t@f I am LAUGHING OUT LOUD {READIN YOUR POSTS}i will have the recaps to end all recaps{tonite}

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:04 am

gnghow did i not no ud be front & center this morning.go figure{cant wait to read ur posts}

OMG - my hands just got cramps and I was having a hard time breathing because I tried to be a Bi-polar blogger and be like GNG for a moment. I've come to the conclusion I like being T & F.

I really like being me.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:56 am

Key lines from the Telegraph's Gary Fitz on last night's Merrimack - BG game:

- “They are bigger and stronger and they just physically dominated us,” said Merrimack coach Tim Goodridge, whose team slipped to 12-5 overall. “We knew McClung was a great shooter, but he was hitting 3-pointers from NBA range tonight.”

- McClung, who grew up in Merrimack, actually outscored the Tomahawks by two points, 26-24 in the first half. “That’s the best I’ve ever shot and it couldn’t’ have come at a better time,” McClung said. “We really wanted this game after losing to them here last year.”

- Senior sidekick Connor Green got off to a slow start offensively, but had 10 rebounds in the first half and finished the night with 19 points and 15 rebounds.

- “I think one of the things that’s a little overlooked about our team is how well we play defense,” said Bishop Guertin coach Jim Migneault, whose team improved to 15-2 on the season. “Going in we knew Dimitri (Floras) was a great player, we just needed to do what we could to slow him down.” And slow him down they did, first with senior Kyle Remillard, then with Mike Kelly, Nate Chartrand and Brad Holler taking turns, all four getting help when Floras got into the paint.

OK, the line Coach Migneault said about, "a little overlooked about our team is how well we play defense."

Memo to Coach Migneault: Contrary to rumor my middle name is not Overlooked, but I fully accept my basketball medicine on this one, with prior posts about BG's defense. I figured Migs {and GNG} would get a kick out of this one.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

March 1st Games - Page 2 Empty Senior Night

Post  GNG Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:17 pm

I arrived at the Lund rd gym at 5:15,and was a little nervous.Merrimack's student section was already filled with a sea of blue clad students.BG is on vacation this week,and I was starting to wonder if it would sell out.Not to worry, by game time the place was packed,not as bad as last year,but a full house.
The Bg decoration crew did an outstanding job with all the green and gold paraphanalia.Tojo told me before we went out to be introduced with my kid that he had never had a parent get booed before at parent night,but he thought I might.Didn't happen,although I must confess the Merrimack student section rocked all night even though their team was being dismantled.Nice little extra touch was a 16x 20 framed action shot of every senior with the team photo in the middle.I am not easily impressed but these pictures are pretty cool.If you want to see them go to the bg website,bghs.org click on photo gallery.
I must of told my son 500 times in 2 days to stay out of foul trouble,I kept bringing up how Scotty got 3 quick ones in Durham last year.He didn't pick up his 1st foul until the 3rd quarter and the game had already been decided.Onto the game, it was 12-10 like 3 minutes into the game.Floras was racing up the court like a jack rabbit,the kid is quick.I asked a friend who has a son on the Merrimack team if they could keep up this pace,he shook his head no.He was right.By halftime Dimitri had no legs.
I have been watching Sean since the 1st grade and never have I seen a performance like that.Everything he threw up went in,and he was taking deeeeeep threes.My player of the year candidate Mr Green started slow,he had alot of adreneline going.After missing some outside shots,he started taking it to the hole with authority and Merrimack had no answer.He dominated the glass from the second quarter on.These 2 sure are fun to watch.
Lack of depth really seemed to hurt Merrimack.As for Guertin,talk about peaking at the right time.They are firing on all cylinders right now.My unsung hero award for last night goes to point guard Nick Pysocha.He kept driving to the hoop and making Floras work on defense all game long.My kid to the customary bow to the face in the 2nd quarter,got a bloody nose that didn't want to stop.Needless to say the post game lasted to long and I will be in bed very early tonight.I have to rest up,Salem friday.Ninety nine for pregame.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:26 pm

"I must of told my son 500 times in 2 days to stay out of foul trouble." GNG

That's rather low for you. I would've thought it would be close to 1000.

Friday's pre game at the 99 {in salem?}?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:32 pm

Salem 99,all forum members are welcome{except t@f}.I was wrong BG can finish no lower then 2nd if they lose and everyone else wins.It's not often I admit to being wrong so savor the flavor.I couldn't resist the { },actually t@f you are welcome.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:34 pm

I will only show up at the 99 if we only use our "handles" during conversation. I would not want anybody to know our real names. Anonymity is crucial to this forum operating obviously. Laughing
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:42 pm

T@F,tully,the asst.,chikid,gng,goldenbear,jaf, boxout,bigman,just to name a few.The bartender would think we are all crazy,and he/she would probably be right..Of course there is always Tarrier.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:43 pm

{thanks gng.i know if i checked back on previos posts i could}

OK, took a blogging grammatical shower. I could find some more posts of you being wrong, but who has time to scurry around looking for past posting wrongful acorns.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:45 pm

Can we change GNG's name to {G}{N}{G}

Also, Chikid is on his own regarding fashion... ever since Doc revealed a 3rd color in his clothing arsenal, I've realized my inadequacies in supervision and reporting in the aforementioned area.

I'll bring the popcorn to watch all the chikid video reels... which I'm assuming are in multi-volume sets?

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:46 pm

How many bartenders have thought you were crazy in your life. It has to number in the hundreds, I would imagine?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:50 pm

Tully, I love {G}{N}{G}

I can't figure out if it looks like an occult thing or the name of gang from my favorite movie, "The Warriors."

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:51 pm

You know T@f words can hurt like a clenched fist.Most mixologists find me quite witty.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:53 pm

Mixologist? Good one. GNG, you are one of the best.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next