New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Feb. 24th Games

+7
GNG
goldenbear
Tulliver
Thomas
EBlessNHSP
chicagokid43
Tuesday and Friday
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Feb. 24th Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Feb. 24th Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:50 am

Still wondering if I'll ever see the Assistant at a basketball court the rest of the season or if he will just be buried in the Domestication Valley?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:57 am

Don't put the schedule in stone... I did not do well in Intro to Meteorology.
Though in fairness to yours truly, it was a gut course up until the semester I took it.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Feb. 24th Games - Page 2 Empty Lost Count

Post  chicagokid43 Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:03 am

Rumor has it the scores are still being tabulated for Goffstown and Stark. Scoreboard could not keep up!

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Feb. 24th Games - Page 2 Empty Goffstown got the W

Post  Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:45 am

http://www.concordmonitor.com/article/242217/grizzlies-run-past-generals

Back to top Go down

Post  abball Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:08 am

They average almost 85 a game wow. That has to be one of the highest in a while. Can anyone name a team with a higher average within the past 10 years? someone should look into that.!

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:50 am

I was surprised at how few students were at the Central game last night.T@F kept blaming vacation week.I am not buying.I think there were as many BG dad's there watching the game as there were Central students.I thought the gym was going to be banged out{back in the day Central was a very loud,tough place to go}.The place was half full, if that.
T@F, I apologize for not informing you of Wickey's health, it's just that whenever you said something to me all I could think of was"wow,a breath mint could go a long way with this guy"{just kidding}.My neighbor called me after the game to tell me he was sick.
Next week is gonna be sick in d1 hoops.Memorial - Trinity,Merrimack - BG, Central - Merrimack,and BG - Salem.The Trinity - Spaulding game for tonight will probably moved to next week,or this weekend.Some really MUST SEE games that will decide who plays who,and where.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:11 am

Tuesday and Friday wrote:Still wondering if I'll ever see the Assistant at a basketball court the rest of the season or if he will just be buried in the Domestication Valley?

Not so much domestication as it is relaxing on a Friday night with my kid b/c she's been at daycare in someone else's arms all week Wink

That said I'm scheduled to see some DIII playoff basketball in 2 weeks...trust me, I'm jonesing.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:34 am

Asst - no need to defend Domestication City. I have spent a lot of time in that city myself.

GNG - no way my breath put a damper on our conversation last night. I was chewing Cinnamon Fire gum for 32 minutes. It would take a catacylsmic event for any conversation of yours to have a damper put on it. Vacation week did play a part with small crowds because after my ears were buzzed by your voice box for 1:15 I swung by Trinity and caught the last 6 minutes of the Timberlane game. The Trinity student body was 1/3 of what it is normally. You are right about dwindling crowds. In the day, which wasn't too long ago, Central was a difficult place to play. The students came out along with the old time Greeks who bet on everything for the game during the game. You would've loved those Greeks GNG. They bet on high scorers for a quarter, over/unders for the half. They readjusted lines at halftime. I'm sure you would've won your share of pistichio, spanakopita, dolomathes and baklava (Can you tell I love Greek food). Your diet would've been non-existent with the old Little Green Greeks. Now, you can hear all of Moe B's conversation with the front row people during dead balls, even from the back rows at the Simon gym.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:42 am

Vacation did affect the number of students there last night as there are more CHS students attending hoops games this year than last.
They are also pretty supportive of hockey.

They are not a HUGE crowd by any means and they're not as organized or invested as Trinity and Memorial fans this year.

However, Central used to have a club to promote sportsmanship which I do not believe met this year. If so, I haven't heard anything about it. I think the lack of organization from that is an issue.

But, it's not just Central. The last time Central hosted Salem the bleachers behind the Central team were PACKED with Salem fans/students.
I actually commented on that last night to someone and how the Salem student section seemed like a Ghost Town as well.

T&F and I sat together at the MMHS CHS game and there were no breath issues. We were both distracted by the guy a row or two behind who I think is a relative of some of our forumites!

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:02 pm

Tully thanks for having my back with regards to breath issues, that GNG seems to have. I remember that person at the Memorial - Central game. I believe some of the things said were:

"The Memorial AD shouldn't even give these refs their checks today."

"What are these guys looking at?"

"How can they call that?"

"These are the 2 worst refs I've ever seen."

I know he had some other pearls of basketball wisdom, but I laughed so hard sometimes that I didn't hear some of his other comments.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:07 pm

There was some weird one as well about seeing more than a blind man eating salami that I have analyzed several times and have been pretty frightened by every possible interpretation.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Feb. 24th Games - Page 2 Empty I recognize those

Post  chicagokid43 Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:07 pm

I recognize those comments but do not remember using them at that game... lol So I am here for one reason. To find a game for tonight... anyone?

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Feb. 24th Games - Page 2 Empty Chi-Kid

Post  boxout Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:13 pm

Chi-Kid you really yell those comments? That is just classic.

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:20 pm

I'm sorry T@F but when your sitting next to me I give you big old chunks of gold relating to d1 hoops,and all you give back is iron pirite {sp}.Plus your voice is so monotone,I wish I had your cell phone number cuz I had trouble sleeping last night.I was going to call you,figured after 5 minutes of you talking girls jv hoops I would be in lala land.
Speaking of greeks I ran into Mr. Plentzas at the Central game last night.His grandson is a freshman on Central.Great guy,haven't seen him in 32 years.He reminds me of an opposite field triple I hit in high school like it was yesterday,and what a great opposite field hitter I was.I then told him I needed glasses,and didn't realize it until college.The only reason I hit that way was because I couldn't see the ball until it was almost by me. Very Happy Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:23 pm

GNG I saw Mr. Plentzas' wife from afar and wondered why they were there.

Thanks for the information

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:27 pm

Your very welcome.She is a fantastic lady.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Feb. 24th Games - Page 2 Empty Actually

Post  chicagokid43 Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:34 pm

Actually my personal favorite is... YOUR HORRIBLE!! lol However I personally think that for what we pay these days for officials you should actually be able to talk about their momma's without making them angry.

MY line that got me my ejection last week was a classic also. "I have seen better referee's at a 3rd and 4th grade girls travel game"

Followed by one more word from him and he is gone.... I said is that a warning... He is out of here...

CLASSIC!

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:39 pm

ChiKid, I'm so glad you had a legitimate reason for not attending the Salem - Central game last night. We all thought you were still driving around looking for a parking space at Central. You know, when country people from Milford come into the big cities we all know how intimidated they can be with the surroundings. We could tell by your nervous Central parking posts yesterday afternoon on the Forum.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:41 pm

Tully, I now remember thw "Salami" statement and remember it being so weird I didn't even want to use mental energy to figure out the interpretation of it.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Feb. 24th Games - Page 2 Empty You Forget

Post  chicagokid43 Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:07 pm

You forget I am not a Milfordite but a big City transfer who spent most of his first driving experiences reenacting Ferris Bueller's Day Off in Chicago. Chicago is just a tiny bit bigger than Manchester. Secondly, the city I grew up in had five public schools, two private schools and three juvenile halls... lol

I never liked the parking garage because it always seemed full but I forget that basketball is not what it once was at Central as you guys previously discussed. Sad since Wickey and the Little Green have had a solid year with the injuries and the talent in the Center of Manchester exiting to other schools. I am however still upset that I missed that game. I am big fans of both Gallant and Wickey and feel I missed a good one. All the more reason to pray for rain and hope that there is a game somewhere tonight.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Feb. 24th Games - Page 2 Empty that is the guy I was thinking of

Post  GNG Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:13 pm

The teacher in that movie who kept saying "Bueller,Bueller,Bueller" that is the guy who reminds me of T@F. Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Feb. 24th Games - Page 2 Empty Now that is Classic GNG

Post  chicagokid43 Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:21 pm

Bueller... Bueller.. Bueller... Chicago is still my favorite city.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:20 pm

chicagokid43 wrote:Actually my personal favorite is... YOUR HORRIBLE!! lol However I personally think that for what we pay these days for officials you should actually be able to talk about their momma's without making them angry.

MY line that got me my ejection last week was a classic also. "I have seen better referee's at a 3rd and 4th grade girls travel game"

Followed by one more word from him and he is gone.... I said is that a warning... He is out of here...

CLASSIC!

In my opinion the "joke" and actions above sets a bad example for all. Condoning (which you're doing in not so many words by using the term "Classic!") speaking to another adult in that fashion under any circumstances should not be made light of, or encouraged in any way, especially since there are high school children reading this Forum. In fact, I'm confused why you would even want to bring attention to this situation?

However, since the poster is poking fun at himself I don't see how I could rightfully edit the post.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Feb. 24th Games - Page 2 Empty Edit it,delete it do what ever

Post  chicagokid43 Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:36 pm

Edit it,delete it, do what you want. I doubt any children will be negatively affected by what I did that night or me making light of it now.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Feb. 24th Games - Page 2 Empty I would imagine.

Post  basketballtime Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:55 pm

Chikid i would imagine anyone who watched your son go through what looked to be some sort of gang initiation beat down would have held their tongue as long as you did. I think most of the kids were more mortified that it was even being allowed than someone's father saying something about it to the ref's?

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next