New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Friday 10/28

3 posters

Go down

Friday 10/28  Empty Friday 10/28

Post  sportsfan88 Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:18 am

We come down to the final week of the regular season with some pretty solid contests lined up for this weekend.

Goffstown @ Merrimack- Goffstown has been a very solid team this year but they will be no match for the aerial attack of Grassini, DeNeil and Eichman. Grassini needs only a couple more TD's to break the all time record which I believe he gets this week. Merrimack wins

Timberlane @ Londonderry- The Owls get a W finally after what seems like two months of tough losses. Owls over Londonderry

Portsmouth @ Spaulding- Portsmouth gets the W big over the Red Raiders who want this season to be over with.

Memorial @ Pinkerton- PA has had a down year and will miss the playoffs much to the heartbreak and dismay of NH12345 however they get the Crusaders this week at home. PA wins this one.

Exeter @ Alvirne- Exeter was able to edge out BG last week and will get another W this week over Alvirne. Their biggest thing will be to keep Ball and company healthy for what is presumably a big playoff run this year.

Central @ Concord- Central had a big W last week over PA and will get another one this week over Concord.

Keene @ Winny- This may a long drive for the Blackbirds but they will still take care of business vs Winny leaving the beach with a W to end the year.

Dover @ South- Dover has a lot on their mind this week but there is a lot on the line this week for this game. I think South is just too much offensively for Dover....South wins

BG @ North- A home game for both teams at Stellos this friday night. Both teams have clinched playoff spots already and could potentially meet two weeks in a row depending on what happens this weekend. I think that Raitt, Shafiyan-Rad and Fagan are too much for North. BG wins a high scoring contest.

Bedford @ Salem- Salem stumbled last week in a loss to Goffstown but is a really good football team. It is just unfortunate that they get what could be the best football team in Div 1 this week in Bedford, no offense Merrimack, to end their season. Bedford completes the undefeated regular season...Bedford wins.

sportsfan88
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Friday 10/28  Empty Re: Friday 10/28

Post  NH12345 Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:05 pm

A lot of "interesting" games this weekend.  

Goffstown @ Merrimack-  This game is so much fun they are going to play it again next week in the playoffs.  I don't think either team is going to risk injury.  These programs may call off the JV game because I would expect both of them to play the majority of the game.  I don't know enough about their JV teams so I will flip a coin. . . Goffstown wins.

Bedford @ Salem-- At least this game will switch sites next weekend.  But it is the same scenario as above.  JV's will dominate playing time, both teams preparing for next weekend.  The coin says. . . Salem wins

BG @ North-- Both teams have clinched the playoffs and winner of this game takes the West crown. A Dover win would have the loser of BG/North traveling to Exeter, that's a daunting first round game, a South win and no matter who wins the BG/North game they will be back to do it again next weekend. North and BG will most definitely be going for the Ws as neither team wants the dreaded trip down 101.  North wins.

Portsmouth @ Spaulding-- Portsmouth wins

Timberlane @ Londonderry-- Timberlane has lost some tough games. . . Londonderry hasn't been able to put together many complete games.  Post has a field day. . . Timberlane wins

Memorial @ Pinkerton-- The Academy's youth has shown all year. . . 11 sophomore starting, they will be back in the hunt next season.  Memorial is fighting for entrance to the City Turkey Bowl, they won't get it.  Pinkerton wins.

Exeter @ Alvirne-- Exeter is very good at football. . . Exeter wins

Central @ Concord-- Central wins and awaits Trinity in the Manchester Turkey Bowl.

Keene @ Winnacunnet-- A disappointing season for the Warriors comes to and end with a home loss to the hard nose Keene boys.  Keene Wins

Dover @ South-- A playoff game a week early.  Dover wins they are in as the 3 seed, if South wins they are in as the #4.  Will Dover be able to focus on the field or are they still concerned about their coaches being dismissed?  South will be ready to go. . . South wins and claims the number #4 see in the East/West

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  NHFootballFan4 Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:30 pm

Really only 2 significant game in terms of playoffs. The big one is Dover @ South, but BG @ North could have some importance if Dover can pull out a win.

Goffstown @ Merrimack- I think both teams plays their starters and try to win. Seniors have possibly only 2 games left and will want to be out their competing. Merrimack in this high scoring affair.

Bedford @ Salem-- See above. Salem wins.

BG @ North-- More to play for in this one. North wins round 1

Dover @ South-- Dover has had a great year, but still not buying as a legit playoff team. South wins and advances to take on Exeter in their "2nd round of the playoffs"

Portsmouth @ Spaulding-- Portsmouth ends the season on a high note.

Timberlane @ Londonderry-- Not sure if Post is healthy after last week. Londonderry gets the win.

Memorial @ Pinkerton-- Pinkerton

Exeter @ Alvirne-- Exeter

Central @ Concord-- Central

Keene @ Winnacunnet-- Winnacunnet

NHFootballFan4
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down