New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

2009 Queen City Tournament

2 posters

Go down

2009 Queen City Tournament Empty 2009 Queen City Tournament

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:15 pm

Anybody have a schedule, or any information on this tournament? Teams? Dates? Times?

Would be greatly appreciated.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

2009 Queen City Tournament Empty Re: 2009 Queen City Tournament

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:22 pm

Asst - One bracket will have all 4 Manchester teams. The other bracket will have Dover, Merrimack, Exeter and Bow. The dates will probably be either Dec. 26 to 28th or 27th to 29th. The first day of play will have the non-Manchester bracket doing a doubleheader starting at 4:00 pm. The Manchester bracket will be doing a doubleheader starting at 7:00 pm. The second day of play will have the consolation doubleheader (all 4 teams that lost the first day) starting at 4:00 pm and the semi finals starting at 7:00 pm. It will be held at Memorial. In my humble opinion 4 of the top 6 teams in Class L will be playing in this tournament: Trinity, Memorial, Dover and Merrimack. West and Exeter have the potential to finish in the top 8 of Class L. Central and Bow can play teams tough. This is the best field of teams for any Christmas Tournament in NH.

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:33 pm

PANTHADAD might disagree...but it's going to be a great tournament. Looking forward to getting both the Chick-fil-A and QCIBT this year. Let us know when the dates get hammered down, thanks for the info!
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:00 pm

If you're going by the NH teams, then you have to think the QCIBT has a stronger field. I don't know anything about the non-Nh teams in the Nashua tournament. I think both tournaments will be fun. I dislike the way the season starts. You have a meaningful game on Dec. 18th. Most teams wait a week to play in a Christmas tournament game, then all the teams wait a week to play their next regular season game. No scrimmages can be played once the season starts. That's a lot of stop and go on the HS basketball engine. They used to play 2 -3 regular season games in December years ago which set up a better pace to start the season. Now, it seems the pace for the first month is broken up too much.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:05 pm

Yea that's an interesting thought. On the other end of the spectrum, there's just not enough days in the month to get everything in. Coaches need 3 weeks or so to prep their team, see what they have, etc. In that time they play 2 maybe 3 scrimmages. After 3 weeks or so the kids are antsy to play a meaningful game. Anything before that though and teams aren't really ready for a regular season game. It's a tough call...scheduling of anything is tough around the holidays, I mean, when was the last time you had time to do anything except family related activities during the holidays. Anyway I digress, that's my problem I guess...that said I'm busy Friday night and won't be able to make a game...Ahhhhh!!!

Looking forward to the game reports on the forum however!
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down