@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Playoff Pedictions.Round 1

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Playoff Pedictions.Round 1

Post  GNG on Tue May 31, 2011 8:23 pm

Eight games to be played and I have four upsets, go figure.

1 NORTH - 16 TRINITY. Nope, North is to darn good, and Trinity to darn young.

8 SOUTH - 9 CENTRAL. South Central isn't that a rough neighborhood in Los Angeles? South wins to set up THE CIVIL WAR {North vs South} in round 2

4 BG - 13 TIMBERLANE. Remember GNG stands for GREEN AND GOLD so you know who I am picking. UPSET was the name of a horse that was a real longshot and ended up winning the race. That is why when an underdog wins we call it an upset. Don't even think about it. I'm trying not to.

5 PINKERTON - 12 WINNIE. Winnie limps in losing six of their last seven, however the difference between the 5 seed and the 12 seed is 2 games. Winnie won the first time 1-0. Doesn't a 12 seed always beat a 5 seed or is that some other sport ? Basketball UPSET NUMBER 1

2 SALEM - 15 MEMORIAL. Sully,Sully, Sully. I have been saying no team wants to face him, gotta put my money where my mouth is. BLUE PLATE SPECIAL UPSET NUMBER 2. However if Poore pitches all bets are off, but I hear he is out.

7 DOVER - 10 LONDONDERRY. Is it really an upset if a 10 -9 team beats a 10 - 8 team? I say yes, UPSET NUMBER 3.

3 MERRIMACK - 14 KEENE. If this game was in Keene I would be concerned for Merrimack. It's not, Merrimack rolls.

6 CONCORD - 11 EXETER. T@F likes Concord to go to the final four. That's enough for me to pick Exeter in a close one. THE CURSE LIVES. UPSET NUMBER 4.

I wish all the teams good luck, going to be a roller coaster of a tournament. It would not shock me if the 4 upsets were in the games where I said the favorites would win.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Re: Playoff Pedictions.Round 1

Post  irish79 on Tue May 31, 2011 10:39 pm

Can't say I'd argue with any of the predictions. Going out on a limb for Salem to lose, but, stranger things can happen. Here's hoping our BG boys get through the first game, and then get some sleep after Baccaleaurate Mass and dinner, flight night, too, to play on Saturday afternoon. I'm working flight night, so, I can be on the look out for any of the guys. My guess is that coach won't want the boys out too late to be sure.

irish79
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  irish79 on Tue May 31, 2011 10:39 pm

Can't say I'd argue with any of the predictions. Going out on a limb for Salem to lose, but, stranger things can happen. Here's hoping our BG boys get through the first game, and then get some sleep after Baccaleaurate Mass and dinner, flight night, too, to play on Saturday afternoon. I'm working flight night, so, I can be on the look out for any of the guys. My guess is that coach won't want the boys out too late to be sure.

irish79
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  nhball9 on Tue May 31, 2011 11:29 pm

GNG: Great analysis: Here are my thoughts:

1 NORTH - 16 TRINITY. Agree that North is good, Beaudett doesn't get enough credit as a pitcher- the kid is damn good. I still think North takes this, but not as cut/dry as you have it.

8 SOUTH - 9 CENTRAL. Central has been doing it all year with a great defense and timely hitting. Not sold on their pitching, but South has been playing well lately. Can Maloney bring them to the next round? I say no. Central in the upset.

4 BG - 13 TIMBERLANE. Simerling (?) is the wrong kind of pitcher for BG. Your boys love to feast on fastballs and (like most high school teams) really struggle with off-speed- which this kid has in abundance. Out of respect and not wanting to get kicked out of here I will go with BG, but I make this call uneasily.

5 PINKERTON - 12 WINNIE. Agree on this upset. Winnacunnett's Sullivan is a solid pitcher. Feeney just throws curve balls and Winn. can hit those. Pinkerton's offense is easily the weakest in the playoffs, but that defense is solid.

2 SALEM - 15 MEMORIAL. Sullivan can beat these guys, but Salem is no slouch in the experience department. I will go with Salem with their #2 back (I hear), over Memorial's offensive inconsistency.

7 DOVER - 10 LONDONDERRY. I'm with you on this one too. Londonderry has not received much credit this year but they have pitching and offense, defense looks like it could give them trouble. Dover is solid, but they don't have the consistency to take this one. I will say it now: watch out for the defending champs!

3 MERRIMACK - 14 KEENE. Keene can hit. That is the closest thing in NH baseball to a guarantee every year. Merrimack is a good team, they play hard. Damon is solid but will they overlook at 14 seed? I hope not. Calling an upset here!

6 CONCORD - 11 EXETER. Dionne from Concord is the real deal. I didn't see much from Exeter offensively (though it was a limited sample). The thing that will hurt them is their defense might be the worst in the playoffs. Going with Concord here.

Looks like I have 4 upsets. Crazy times ahead!

nhball9
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:07 am

I can't argue with any of your upsets either nhball9. Watch just because all us self proclaimed baseball junkies think there will be a ton of upsets, the seedings will follow suit and 1-8 won't lose. No, there will be upsets {plural} , if there is one thing I know after watching this season it's NOTHING WILL SURPRISE ME. NOTHING AT ALL.

RUMOR OF THE DAY-- T@F will venture out of the Queen city, and travel to Holman to watch a double header.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:54 am

Rumor of my Yesterday? Amazing some Forum members can say anybody can beat anybody and there will be upsets galore, but in private to me they:

Criticize, castigate, carp, cavilize and be generally captious towards my going on the limb for a Final Four team.

I'm not going to say who the Forum scoundrel is, but I'll give you a hint:

The first and last letter of his Forum name is the letter..........

......... G

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:29 pm

Write words that I can understand. study Are you happy or sad? confused

Don't be mad about your renowned inability to pick winners {jinx}. scratch Embrace it.

Mike Greenberg from the MIKE AND MIKE show has the same problem. He knows sports he just can't pick winners. cheers

All of the good forum members know to take your predictions with a grain of salt because they are made by a jocolor whereas my predictions are usually good as gold because they are made by a king

My sources tell me this is how the good people of Concord reacted when hearing you picked them affraid affraid affraid

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:46 pm

I see GNG had extra spare time today to go Emoticon hunting. Looks like he bagged a few.

If Concord does well in the playoffs I will get a Crimson rope with a noose that has your neck size.

Very Happy Smile Shocked Cool Evil or Very Mad Suspect alien cheers Exclamation

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:01 pm

Oh yea and BTW, thanks for having my back, nhball9.

It's a lot better for a Forum member to have my back as opposed to a Forum member {stabbing me in the back} { affraid }

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Post  GNG on Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:15 am

The Telegraph did a little preview article. Even the coaches get in on it. The South coach says all the pressure is on North. The North coach acknowledges his team is very good, but anyone can win it. Let the games begin.

IS IT 4PM YET?????? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

GUARANTEED THIS IS T@F RIGHT NOW Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Here's to some good baseball and good weather!

Post  SAWit on Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:42 am

Semi Finals:

NNorth v. Pinkerton

Salem v. Concord

Finals

NNorth v. Salem

WINNER: NNorth

Good Luck to all teams! See you at Fish-errr-Merchants!

SAWit
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

UPSET CITY

Post  GNG on Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:14 pm

South, BG, and Merrimack are now residents in UPSET CITY. BBALL 9 you called it, curve ball city. Bg had one of those games where they threw the ball around, They left 11 men on base. UGLY. That being said, what a turnaround season, very proud of the boys. Concord beat Exeter, oh boy I am gonna get it from T@F.

That is 3 upsets in 4 games.North's bracket is setting up for a nice run. Winnie beat pinkie there is my 4th upset, unfortunately it happened in mostly games I didn't pick. North is up 6-0 1st inning.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:43 pm

Heh GNG : Did you hear that Concord won...... CONCORD CONCORD CONCORD

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  nhball9 on Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:00 pm

GNG sorry to hear it, I wasn't comfortable calling that one as BG has struggled with off speed. Just heard Dover beat Londonderry in the bottom of the 7th after Londonderry had a 3-2 lead. Not sure what happened, but heard it was not pretty with Londonderry's defense. More as I hear it.

nhball9
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:23 pm

Game was a microcosm of various games during the season. Tough to leave so many runners on base... Bases loaded, no outs in 2nd 3-4-5 coming up and get squat after scoring 3 in first. 2nd/3rd in the 3rd and get nothing. As the game wore on more and more popups. Physical errors in the field - the scoreboard missed a few. Timberlane didn't really have that many hard hits - bunts, grounders, fly balls, seeing eye single, stick your aluminum bat out to get opposite field hit, one very longggg bomb in 6th. But they did what they had to do, put the ball in play and make the defense work. On the defensive side, Timberlane made the plays they had to make. Congrats to them - they now get to travel to Winnacunnet.

I wish things turned out for the better for BG, but that's baseball. The future looks bright for the program and I'm glad we had a small part in it.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  nyk on Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:42 pm

Congrats to BG on a remarkable turnaround season. They had a terrific year.

nyk
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:12 pm

I thought I would have some "Forum Fun" and look back on some predictions of some Forum members.

Let's see...... Oh yes, here's GNG's 1st round predictions:

South wins to set up THE CIVIL WAR - Central 10 South 7 affraid

Remember GNG stands for GREEN AND GOLD so you know who I am picking - Timby 11 BG 5 affraid

Sully,Sully, Sully BLUE PLATE SPECIAL UPSET NUMBER 2 - Salem 7 Memorial 2 affraid

Is it really an upset if a 10 -9 team beats a 10 - 8 team? I say yes, UPSET NUMBER 3 - Dover 4 Lond 3 affraid

It's not, Merrimack rolls - Keene 9 Merrimack 5 affraid

T@F likes Concord to go to the final four. That's enough for me to pick Exeter in a close one. THE CURSE LIVES. UPSET NUMBER 4 - Concord 9 Exeter 6 affraid

GNG finishes 2 - 6. Does this mean he's No-Damus instead of GNG-Damus?

Oh yes and one other little tid bit:

"Upon initial inspection I'm kind of feeling #6 Concord to do some serious damage in the bottom part of the bracket" T and F

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  irish79 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:59 am

I agree with JAF - great season and the program is on the way up. good core returning plus the JV and Freshman teams were very solid. The 2011 team will be known as the team that turned things around and got the program back on track. Still wish the tourney was a double elim format, but, that is the way it is. My guess is that North will now win it all, but, I'm thinking they may wish they saved some of those runs for later in the tourney. Here's to a good summer to all of you.

irish79
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:35 pm

Wow, It couldn't have worked out any better for North. They get to save innings on both their number 1 and 2 pitchers. That will help tremendously down the playoff road. Five of the eight teams left had beaten BG this year. Here's my take on whose left.

NORTH- seniors go out with a banner. I bet Coach Henderson never dreamed the brackets would look like this after one round.

WINNIE- they were the best hitting team we faced all year, they crushed BG. I see them beating Timberlane, and losing to North in the semis.

KEENE- don't see how they beat Merrimack, don't see how they will beat Concord.

CONCORD- I know T@F'S team, they also were the 2nd best hitting team BG faced. They 10 run ruled us. They beat Keene, and then beat Salem in the semi's.

SALEM- They beat Dover, and then run out of pitching in the semi's. If this team was healthy it would be an EPIC final between them and North.

Good luck to all still dancing

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  nhball9 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:50 pm

I want to point out I did very well in the first round of predictions, sorry GNG! Of the two I got wrong 1 was due to not wanting to be kicked out of here (wink), and 1 was due to the team I picked giving the game away in the seventh from what I read and heard. Not too bad for high school baseball. Here are the quarters predictions.

NORTH vs. CENTRAL: What always happens in baseball when a team goes nuts scoring runs? They have a let down. Am I saying Central in a win? No, but I am saying this is an extra innings affair. North takes it.

WINNACUNNET vs. TIMBERLANE:Timberlane has the designation of being the worst team left standing. They have nobody after their #1 and Winny has Edmunds. Winnacunnett sets up an interesting semis round.

KEENE vs CONCORD: Keene has the experience, Concord the talent. This game will answer the question for 2011- which is better? I say Concord's talent is too much. I mean, Keene needs someone effective to pitch. Concord takes this one.

SALEM vs. DOVER: I heard about the Dover/Londonderry game, Dover got lucky. They don't have the offense to take down the Blue Devils. Salem goes to the semis.

nhball9
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:31 am

nhball9, There were quite a few bloggers at Holman the other day and when the scores started rolling in I mentioned to T@F that you were dead on with your picks, good job. I agree with everything you say except the Central game. My people are telling me Central is down to their number 3 pitcher. It would not surprise me if North plays another 5 inning game. These kids are on a mission.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  SAWit on Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:31 am

GNG wrote:My people are telling me Central is down to their number 3 pitcher. It would not surprise me if North plays another 5 inning game. These kids are on a mission.

If their #3 (Lekkas) is on... it'll be a good game... has a good mix off speed, will just need to keep everything down and use his defense - that's how Provencher has prevailed well this season. I think with coach Burke joining the assistant coach mix they are playing some solid baseball... hats off to Central this year (last year I gave it to Memorial as the surprise). In the end, I see North prevailing... a lot of depth... but the game must played.

SAWit
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  FullCount on Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:59 am

I like nhball9's picks for the quarterfinals - I like North and Salem to make the finals at Delta Dental Stadium. While North will be the favorite - I take Salem to win it all......

FullCount
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:00 pm

I was admonishing fullcount for not coming on anymore, then he comes on and makes that prediction. I thought you told me you quit drinking before noon. drunken drunken

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  FullCount on Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:07 pm

Well it depends on what time zone you're referring to....... I thought you would like this one but I am sure you are not that surprised - after all, you have gotten me interested in predicting upsets -

FullCount
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum