New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Feb. 5th Games

+6
TheDeafPanther07
SeacoastDad
goldenbear
mmartineaunhti2015
dj5hoop
Tuesday and Friday
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Feb. 5th Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Feb. 5th Games

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:12 pm

Blue Hawks 65
Panthers 60

Not what I thought would happen. Exeter had confirmed for me a potential big run team in the playoffs if they can get hot and some luck

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:14 pm

H/B 61 Souhegan 56........ That is a mild surprise.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:15 pm

G-Bear, I would say more of a good win for Exeter as opposed to a bad loss for South.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:19 pm

Big upset in D-IV tonight, as previously unbeaten Newmarket (13-1) falls to Sunapee (5-8 ) 54-53.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:21 pm

I know this will be of interest to Pete Tarrier, because he is such a HUGE FAN of girl's HS basketball:

Salem 71 Londonderry 62

To quote Gomer Pyle, "Surprise, Surprise, Surprise"

scratch

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:24 pm

That is big, SeacoastDad. I thought Newmarket was going to run the table in D4 regular season.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:26 pm

Merrimack 60
Trinity 56

Merrimack
Shane Bourque 8
Mitch Denton 10
Austin Franzen 20
Eric Gendron 14
Brad Jarry 6

Trinity
Wenyen Gabriel 4
Mabor Gabriel 19
Carmen Giampetruzzi 12
Patrick Keefe 6
Ryan Otis 3
Brad Rhoades 2

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:39 pm

Tuesday and Friday wrote:I think it's been 100% confirmed:

EXETER IS THE TEAM NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY

Here's a teaser prior to my analysis of the "2nd Annual D1 Boy's Final Standings Contest": You don't want to finish in 6th place in the regular season. Why? An overwhelming 13 out of our 16 "experts" in the standings contest have Exeter finishing 11th.

Who has the most votes to finish 6th? Fully half of the prognosticators have GNG's BG Cardinals finishing 6th...

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:41 pm

Somehow, I get the feeling Seacoastdad and Edge will slice, dice, sautee with carmelized onions the entries of the Forum members and put it in a nice mathematical Hoagie roll.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  dj5hoop Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:46 pm

Whats happening to basketball? These defensive battles are lame to watch. Central/Spaulding was a grinder (JV game was the same) but I learned a few things. I read on here their guards are really tough which couldn't be further from the truth which is why Paradis was with the ball at the top alot. Troy Pelletier shut down Paradis and was clearly the better player tonight. Memorial, Trinity, South, Merrimack and possibly Exeter are all better then Spaulding. In fact, I'm seriously kicking myself for ranking them third for the annual contest. I rated them on reputation and not the eye test. Central didn't shoot particularly well and if they did would of won by 20. One official went crazy calling technical fouls including one on Doc.

Trinity lost as did South and neither was a big surprise. Maybe this will put a damper on the recent Trinity love fest.

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:11 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited because of personal opinion being personal. Be classy when you lose..... And when you win.)

dj5hoop
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  CasualFan Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:53 pm

Always a tough venue in Spaulding....if you catch my drift.... but I have to ask the same question as someone earlier - why 3 refs in a regular season game? any ideas? Neutral

CasualFan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:04 am

"why 3 refs in a regular season game? any ideas?"

CasualFan

To prep referees for 3 man crews in the playoffs for quarters, semis and ship games. Prelim games are 2 man crews. Quarters, semis and Ship games are 3 man crews.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:31 am

Here's somnething from the Telegraph on the Exeter upset over South:

Exeter 65, Nashua South 60

The Panthers fell to 8-3 despite 26 points from Tim Preston and 13 from Jack Preston. South was outscored 23-12 in the decisive third quarter.

At Exeter

NASHUA SOUTH (60)

Tim Preston 7-11-26, Jack Preston 5-3-13, Dave Dunham 2-3-8, Trevor Knight 2-2-6, Dan Auger 2-1-5, Cam Joyal 1-0-2. Totals: 19-20-60

EXETER (65)

PZach Adler 7-5-19, Tyler Russ 3-4-13, Zack Holler 3-6-12, Max Medley 3-1-7, Joe Schiedler 2-3-7, Chris Stowell 1-2-4, Sam Klemarcyzk 1-0-2, Matt Vigars 0-1-1. Totals: 20-22-65.

NASHUA SOUTH (8-3) 15 12 12 21 - 60

EXETER (5-7) 12 14 23 16 - 65

3-pointers: NS– T Preston, Dunahm. E - Russ 3. Next game: Friday, 7 p.m. vs. Bishop Guertin

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:40 am

Article from UL on the Merrimack victory over Trinity.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20130205/SPORTS21/130209473

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:27 am

Akot's name not in Telegraphs boxscore. Did he play?

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  mmartineaunhti2015 Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:06 am

The following is Jeremy's report of the Central victory over Spaulding from the New Hampshire Notebook. If you post something from other sites, especially an involved write up like this, please make mention in your post and give credit where credit is due.

Thanks - T & F

From the NH Notebook/ Jeremy Leveille:

Tough. Scrappy. Physical. Tenacious. These words all describe the defense played by the Manchester Central boys basketball team on Tuesday night in their 47-37 win over Spaulding. Spaulding seniors Dominic Paradis and Nick MacGregor are two of the top players in Division I, and are both capable of scoring 20+ points on any given night. But in this game Central did a great job of containing them, holding Paradis to just 11 points (just 1 field goal) and MacGregor to just 7. “Paradis is a great player, but Troy Pelletier did a very good job of defending him” said Manchester Central head coach Doc Wheeler. “Troy is a fantastic athlete, and we usually take him off the other team’s top scorer so he has more energy for offense. But Paradis is a tough match up and we felt Troy would be the best one to guard him.” Not only did Pelletier play tough defense, but he also came up big on offense down the stretch. After a quiet 1st half where he only scored 2 points, Pelletier dropped 15 points in the 2nd half. He had some clutch drives in the 4th quarter where he went strong to the rim, got fouled and made his free throws. Pelletier than drove baseline and hit a floater. That was all part of a 17-2 run by Central to end the game. Spaulding went on a 9-0 run between the end of the 3rd quarter and into the 4th. The run was capped by a 3-pointer by MacGregor and a pair of foul shots by Paradis. The Red Raiders led 35-30 early in the 4th quarter. But from that point on Central outscored Spaulding 17-2. Dawson Dickson (game-high 22 points) drilled a 3-pointer to cut the SHS lead to 35-33. Pelletier may have taken over late, but Dickson was the team’s most consistent scorer. He had 11 points in the 1st half and 11 in the 2nd. Dickson connected on five 3-pointers, in addition to running the team’s offense. Soon after Dickson hit that 3 though, Coach Wheeler was called for a technical foul. It was Central’s second technical of the 2nd half (the first one was called on Nick Makris). You would think that getting T’d up twice in the 2nd half would be a recipe for disaster, especially when you’re playing on the road and against one of the top teams in the state. But instead the opposite happened, as the Little Green really got fired up and started playing even harder. One player who really picked up the intensity was sophomore guard Brett Hanson. Hanson played a strong game throughout, but during that fourth quarter he looked like one of the top defenders in the state. He made life extremely difficult for the Spaulding guards, particularly Seth Fogg. Hanson played great on-the-ball defense on Fogg, then stole the ball from him and took it in for an easy layup. That play was sandwiched between a couple of Pelletier drives where he got to the line and made his FT’s. And just like that Central went up 39-36. “My shot wasn’t falling, so I started to go to the rim” explained Pelletier, who is one of the state’s best players in both basketball and football. “Then we locked up on D and played together. They beat us last year with that fade pass from the high post to the opposite wing for those threes, so we focused on stopping that.” Then Pelletier hit a leaner on the baseline to make it 41-36. Spaulding tried to answer back, but again Hanson was a menace on defense, forcing Fogg into a turnover. Dickson hit a pair of free throws on the other end to make it 43-36. Central was on a 13-1 run, and a 10-0 run since the Wheeler technical. From there they cruised to the 47-37 win. “We collapsed at critical points in the game” lamented Paradis, who is a four year starter for Spaulding. “We gave them chances to get back in the game and they took advantage. They were physical on defense and forced us out of our offense. I’d like to play them again.” Don’t be surprised if that happens. Both Central and Spaulding made it to UNH for the Final Four last season, and they are both serious contenders to get back there this year. This was definitely a low scoring; grind it out, half court battle. It was a game dominated by defense, with both teams playing tough, hard nosed man-to-man on ‘D’. In the 1st half it was back-and-forth, with neither team leading by more than two points - it was that close. The action and pace of the game did pick up a little in the 3rd quarter. Dickson hit a 3-pointer right off the bat to begin the 2nd half to put Central up 20-19. Spaulding junior forward Charlie Nevejans scored a bucket to put the Red Raiders back on top, but then Pelletier answered right back with a three of his own to make it 23-21 CHS. Hanson then went strong to the rim, but was blocked by MacGregor. Hanson shook it off though, and on the other end he blocked a shot attempt inside by Fogg. You could really feel the intensity at that point. Pelletier continued his momentum on offense, getting his mid-range game going by hitting a floater in the lane off the bounce. That gave Central a 25-21 lead with 5:02 left in the 3rd quarter – the first time all game where either team led by 2 possessions. Spaulding called timeout, and out of it they ran the ‘fade play’ that Pelletier mentioned with Nevejans passing it from the high post to Fogg on the opposite wing for a three. That got Spaulding within 1 at 25-24, and that’s when Makris got T’d up. He fell down while battling for a rebound. He must have thought he got fouled, but no call was made. He said something (may have just been saying it to himself but the ref heard it) and he got the technical. Paradis made both FT’s and now Spaulding re-gained the lead at 26-25. Then Central stormed right back, and after a BIG 3-pointer by Dickson they took the lead right back and now led 30-26. But that is when Coach Cronin’s team went on their 9-0 run. Quinn Connelly and Paradis hit a couple of quick floaters, and it was tied 30-30 with :55 left in the 3rd quarter. Spaulding then got the ball back and had a chance to go back up. They drew up a good play to get Paradis a look out of the baseline out of bounds, by lobbing it up to him over the shorter defender. But his shot attempt just barely rimmed out, and we were headed to the 4th tied 30-30. Also playing well for Spaulding was 6-foot-3 sophomore forward Anthony Cicotelli and junior guard Mike Plentzas for Central. With Trinity’s 60-56 loss tonight to Merrimack, the Little Green are now the only undefeated team left in D-I.

mmartineaunhti2015
All-State
All-State

https://www.youtube.com/user/MichaelMartineaumchs

Back to top Go down

Post  mmartineaunhti2015 Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:07 am

Akot is not in the UL box score either.

mmartineaunhti2015
All-State
All-State

https://www.youtube.com/user/MichaelMartineaumchs

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:36 pm

Um.. mmartineauchs2013... that's the largest block of text I have ever seen without a paragraph break. Thankfully it wasn't a run-on sentence. Is that a cut-n-paste from somewhere or did you really type all that and how long did it take!!! Very Happy

The situation has been rectified, Jaf. Please read the edit to the original post.

T & F

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2