New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

12/30 Girls' Championship Games

2 posters

Go down

12/30 Girls' Championship Games Empty 12/30 Girls' Championship Games

Post  NHRamFan Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:36 am

Some driving will be involved, but for folks who like to follow the girls game, Sunday promises to be a fun day for those willing to put on a few miles.

12 noon - Bow vs. Merrimack Valley at NHTI in the Capital City tournament (Concord). Merrimack Valley is a very strong team that could contend in Div 1 this year without a problem. Size, ballhandling and good D. A fun team to watch.

3pm - Bishop Guertin vs. Bedford at Nashua North in the Nashua Holiday Tournament. A rematch of the 12/14 game at Bedford that saw BG win by 9 in a very competitive game. These teams are well matched. Of note: starting BG point guard and Niagara commit Jamie Sherburne sat out tonight's blow out win over Souhegan. Was seen stretching and icing her back prior to the game....Probable that Coach Hazelton was just resting her for Sunday's game with Bedford.

7pm (? Help me out here T and F) - Queen City Manchester Central championship. Memorial vs. either Central or Trinity. A shame that Lebanon chose not to make the trip today due to the weather. They would have probably made the finals - 32 minutes of defensive he!! for any opponent. An all Manchester final is guaranteed, however, and will make for a great ending for a strong day of girls hoops!

NHRamFan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

12/30 Girls' Championship Games Empty Re: 12/30 Girls' Championship Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:09 am

Central beat Trinity and will meet Memorial in the Championship. I don't have confirmation of game time. I sent a correspondence to Coach Wenners and I think a snow flake intercepted it or it was blocked by the sturdy front door at Billy's. I will try again on Sunday. One would think Lebanon would come down and play Trinity in the consolation game, but I'm not sure. I think Billy's serves breakfast on Sundays. Maybe, I can catch Coach Wenners there having an omelette with GREEN peppers and find out.

On a side note Gilford HS is hosting the Lakes Region holiday tournament for boys and girls. The snow storms wrecked havoc with their schedule too. The girl's Ship game will be New Years Eve at 4:30 and the boy's Ship is at 6:00. When was the last time a Christmas Tournament finished on New Years Eve?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:29 am

Lebanon will play Trinity at 5:30 pm.

Central will play Memorial at 7:00 pm.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:25 am

Memorial beat Central 46 - 43 to win the girl's QCIBT Ship.

Makenah Grisson won the MVP award.

This game was tight from start to finish. It was a typical intra city battle. Sophomore Kaitlyn Vincent had a nice effort in a losing cause for Central. She finished with 14 points. Vincent has a nice shooting stroke, a good handle with the ball and has some good upside.

Senior Danielle Fletcher played a great overall game for Memorial. She finished with 14 points and was a stalwart on the glass. She was the best player for Memorial in this game and could've been named tournament MVP also.

If Central continues to get a nice blending of their youth and their seniors they might be a team nobody wants to play come playoffs.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:30 am

Bedford beat BG by 17 in the Championship game of the Nashua holiday tournament at North.

Word has it Bedford is really starting to jell as a team. This should make for an interesting battle for the top spots in D1 girls.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down