New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Time for a Shot Clock in NH Basketball

3 posters

Go down

Time for a Shot Clock in NH Basketball Empty Time for a Shot Clock in NH Basketball

Post  The Observer Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:12 am

From the games I have watched so far this year I am disgusted at the way offenses are run. The passing on the perimeter for almost a minute is RIDICULOUS!!

NH basketball would be better off with a shot clock. Mass and many other states have them and the players benefit at the collegiate level because of it.

Thoughts on the matter?

The Observer
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Time for a Shot Clock in NH Basketball Empty Shot Clock

Post  rwvogeley Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:37 pm

I totally agree. The shot clock has been in high school hoops for almost ten years , with the exception of NH. It would be easy to point the blame at the NHIAA in that what havethe done in the last ;ten years to justify their existence. The football away games for 5 points and 4 points for a home win lasted what two weeks????
The just realigned football for the future and messed that up. Teams that should be playing down two levels are playing DI. They then wonder why no kids want to go out for football, and get pounded physically and on the scoreboard.
If I go and assess a player, how do I know if the kid fits into my system??? College relies on the mental aspects opf the sport. If I am looking at two players, I would tend to go with the player that has to contend with the shot clock.Again, if you are talking about maybe 10k/year in scholarship awards, I would opt for the safer bet.
This just happens to be a pet pieve of mine, along with hand checking and coaching boxes that aren't enforced.

rwvogeley
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Time for a Shot Clock in NH Basketball Empty Shot Clock in NH

Post  NHRamFan Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:05 am

The shot clock is long overdue in NH HS basketball. Unfortunately, I don't know if it's financial considerations or what, but I do know that games played here vs. games played in Mass. are dramatically different. Good defense is rewarded by getting a good stop; offenses are forced to attack with more purpose. The game is played with a shot clock at every level....why not here?

NHRamFan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Time for a Shot Clock in NH Basketball Empty Re: Time for a Shot Clock in NH Basketball

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down