New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Next Season's Schedule

5 posters

Go down

Next Season's Schedule Empty Next Season's Schedule

Post  Goodguy Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:30 pm

Does anyone know where I can find next Season's schedule? Also, how will the playoffs be played? For instance you have 4 divisions within D1. Will the top teams only make the playoffs?

Goodguy
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Next Season's Schedule Empty Re: Next Season's Schedule

Post  JAF Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:16 pm

Not sure when game to game schedule will be released.

As I understand it, the playoffs are top two in each conference play for conference championship. No idea how they handle tie breaks - it could get really ugly.

After that the 4 conference winners play in some way - whether it's vs. the same conference you played during the regular season or one of the two others and how that's determined is probably buried in some Football Polices & Procedures manual on the NHIAA website.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodguy Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:32 am

I am sure you play everyone in your conference but that's only 5 games or so. I assume you will play another division or other teams from other divisions. If you draw some weaker teams in other divisions this could be flawed. Then at the end of the year you could win it all but still never play everyone. Then a few voters will say you're not the best team in the division because you didn't play this team or that team. This may be a big fiasco.

Goodguy
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodguy Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:40 am

If the NHIAA thought that we had too many champions in the state why didn't they just have the D1 champ play the D2 champ? Then the D3 champ play the D4 champ and same for 5 and 6? Then everything could stay the same. Call me crazy but Isn't it the same thing the new division will do?

Goodguy
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:02 am

Each conference has 5 teams - you play your own conference once and one other conference once for a total of 9 games. The top 2 teams from each conference move on, everyone else either goes home or if somehow the NHIAA approves can play some sort of consolation game to make for a 10 game season. The NHIAA will have to redo the tie breaking procedures because they are currently based on road wins which would be unequal under the new system. See Roger Brown's site for division/conference breakdown:

http://www.nhfootballreport.com/2012/11/nhiaa_football_will_have_new_l_2.html

I read that D1 East plays D1 West next year.

As for why not have D1/D2, D3/D4, & D5/D6 championship game? It wouldn't work schedule wise under the current system. D1->D3 play an 'extra' interdivisional game and their playoffs end a week later. Under the current plan your proposal means championship games on the Sat. after Thanksgiving. Unless of course the NHIAA made other schedule changes like eliminating the crossover game or the bye week each team has (some teams like PA fill that week with Brockton).

I think the new setup might be "test" of sorts for other sports. I think in the long run we'll see 4 football divisions - similar to other major sports. How many hoop fans would like to see home/home series in a conference format? The conferences "generally" create/keep local rivalries intact which may/should increase interest.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodguy Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:12 pm

Thank You for Clearing it all up. Now I have to go find next season's schedule and see who is playing who. It may be an interesting upcoming season.

Goodguy
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:31 pm

I read somewhere that the schedules would be out sometime in December.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:56 pm

I believe the schedules are done after all the AD's meet in their divisions with the NHIAA.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  bumper Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:36 pm

I am looking at next years DII schedule. One correction to the belief out there that each sub-conference plays one other sub-conference. Meaning DII east teams will play DII north teams. This is not true. The out of conference games seem to be scattered. example Plymouth plays their own conference plus Kingswood, Windham, Trinity, MValley and Portsmouth. Portsmouth plays Plymouth, Trinity, Laconia, Hanover and Souhegan.

Teams where asked who they would like to play out of division and it looks like they tried to honor the requests. I can say that Portsmouth requested Souhegan, Milford, Plymouth and Trinity. They where given three. There will be some very lopsided games and some very good ones.

9 game schedule three rounds of playoffs. 12 games that is a long season especially for teams that have only been playing eight.

For the record I still like a four division format better.

bumper
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:34 am

Interesting that they did that in D2 but not in D1. D1 looks like it is a conference vs. conference setup. Roger Brown has the schedules posted.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down