New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

D1 Boy's Prelim Games. Any Upsets?

+11
JustinMcIsaac
NHSports11
nhbasketball
goldenbear
nhhoopsguy
rwvogeley
Jeremy Leveille
SeacoastDad
GNG
Tuesday and Friday
FreeLunch
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

D1 Boy's Prelim Games. Any Upsets? - Page 2 Empty Re: D1 Boy's Prelim Games. Any Upsets?

Post  SeacoastDad Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:23 pm

Just tuned in just in time to hear Justin's call -- SPAULDING WINS ON A BUZZER BEATER. Can't wait to get his take on it!

DOVER OVER SALEM 63-62

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

D1 Boy's Prelim Games. Any Upsets? - Page 2 Empty Re: D1 Boy's Prelim Games. Any Upsets?

Post  GNG Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:29 pm

LUNN hits a 3 at the buzzer. overtime.

MERRIMACK UP 7 MINUTE LEFT.

Dover at Merrimack friday night.

TULLY MUST BE SMILING memorial beat pinkerton.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:42 pm

A two seed and a five seed bite the dust. WOW.

tTrinity struggles to beat the 16 seed.

When I say WIDE OPEN I mean WIDE OPEN. This is nuts.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  NHSports11 Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:01 pm

Unbelievable first round games. Not what I could have ever expected. The Spaulding vs. West game was just crazy. The ENTIRE Spaulding side of the gym was packed and everyone was wearing red shirts that they were giving out. The game started slow for both teams as it was 21-19 Spaulding at the half. West took over in the second half, matching every bucket Spaulding made, most by Dominic Paridis. It seemed like every shot was contested by a West player and the 1-3-1 zone West was in created multiple turnovers. The game was 38-37 West with about 25 seconds to play and Carl Jaques went to the line for West after being fouled. It was a one and one. Hit both and you don't have to worry, but he missed the front end giving Spaulding one last opportunity. They took the ball in with 11 seconds to go after a time out and after Paradis tried to get an open look, he dished across to the top of the three point line to Luke Roberts who buried the 3 with two players contesting at the buzzer to give Spaulding the 40-38 win. West played the best I have seen them with or without JoCarl Bureau. They knew after losing by almost 30 last time to Spaulding that they would not be able to have a shootout. So defensively they picked up their tempo a ton and it worked. The West student section was actually pretty big for being an hour away, and they were loud the whole night until the very last play. What a game. I'm excited to see more close, down to the wire games in the upcoming rounds.

NHSports11
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  nhbasketball Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:06 pm

central wins BIG
took the lead early and never looked back

nhbasketball
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:13 pm

NHSports11 wrote:Unbelievable first round games. Not what I could have ever expected. The Spaulding vs. West game was just crazy.

Spaulding had only committed 3 team fouls with about a minute to play- on the 7th foul they waited for the ball to get out of Martin's hands, as they didn't want him at the line.... turned out to be the right move.

The Roberts 3 was crazy, Paradis got the ball with about 4 ticks left, the double team was quick to get to him, and Robert's 3 was nothing but net.

After the game Paradis said the last play was designed for him, and there was no specific 2nd option, though all of the other players on the floor had outside range.

Only 3 points of the game for Roberts, BTW cheers

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

D1 Boy's Prelim Games. Any Upsets? - Page 2 Empty North edges Londonderry

Post  The Edge Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:15 pm

North squeezes one out from Londondery 57-56. Lancers miss a game winning 3 with 5 seconds left. Coveney had 4 3s in the 1st half and 16 overall. 3 questionable calls down the stretch went Norths way. One was a travel call as a Lancer was literally being tackled.

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:18 pm

SeacoastDad wrote:It's difficult to choose any of the top 6 being upset in the first round.

1-16 Trinity is just too strong for Exeter.
2-15 Dover was 0-10 against the top 10 seeds; no chance to upset Salem.
3-14 Londonderry did win their last 5 games, but they were against teams ranked 12, 16, 17, 18 and 19. No upset against North.
4-15 Winnacunnet limps into the playoffs, losing 8 of their last 9 games. Central rolls in this one.
5-12 Pinkerton is hot; Memorial is cold. PA wins this one.
6-11 Spaulding is better than their seeding; West is reeling, losing 6 of their last 8; I like the Red Raiders at home.
7-10 To stay on GNG's good side, I'll go with BG in the upset. Win or lose, I'll be looking for a colorful description of the game.
8-9 My top choice for an upset in the prelims is South over Alvirne. It's really just a mini upset, since their records were only one game apart. Although South went 10-8, all of their losses were by 7 points or less.

Best of luck to all teams.

This is why I don't gamble! Smile

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:48 pm

Tuesday and Friday wrote:"1v 9 Trinity beat South as Keefe blocks a shot at the buzzer,"
GBear

Is that buzzer block credited to Pat Keefe or Coach Keefe?

Now why would you ask that

ha ha

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  nhhoopsguy Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:50 pm

Well, i was 50/50 on my two upsets of the night!
Central was winning entire game, as dawson Dickson was on fire in the 1st half, as all three of Winny guards wwere in foul trouble.
But despite this, Central only had a ten point lead at half, but stretched to 15 at the end of three.
Central dominated 4th qtr, as it seemed they did everything right and Winny did everything wrong.
On side note, dickson came up limping early 4th, and Winny was without starting center, who was not "eligble" to play.

nhhoopsguy
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  NHhoops Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:55 pm

CNG, how can you blog about a game all week and then not even show up for it, when it's in your own hometown? Have you been banned from the Merrimack gym or something?

NHhoops
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:57 pm

South Alvrine game was a pretty exciting game until about the 3 minute mark

Alvrine jumped out to a early lead led by Livingston great shooting,

South then went on a spurt inspired by a Preston dunk he and cut it to 6 at the end of one

they took lead at halftime

third quarter was back in forth with Beuallieu playing well

early 4th same thing

Muciolli hits three to go 58-55 then DUnn answers
Muciolli hits jumper to make it 60-58 then a key play

South looks like they had a steal and then three players form south fumble it away from each other and leads to a lay up tied at 60

Alvrine then scored 4 quick points and Tarves for South committed a couple of turnovers

then another key play Tomascki as the ball high post against Preston dribbles right spins left and then hooks back right for an old fashion 3 point play to go up 67-61,

South did not get nay close as Alvrine made all their FT

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:03 am

Memorial 37 Pinkerton 35

Memorial - 10 13 5 9 - 37
Pinkerton - 11 7 8 9 - 35

Memorial - Wenyin 11 Iradukunda 6 O'Brien 5 Mayola 5 Aktot 3 Kelly 2 Torres 2 Gonzalez 2
(Missed a FT from Memorial. It must have been while I was sending and receiving 5000 text messages)
Pinkerton - Light 14 Patrikis 11 Colbert 6 Welch 4

Majak Wenyin hit an extended elbow 3 pointer with 50 seconds left to tie the game at 35. With 37 seconds left a team control foul was called on Pinkerton. With 15 seconds left Majak Wenyin hit a runner to give Memorial the 37 to 35 lead. Pinkerton brought the ball up and looked confused offensively. They called a TO with 4 seconds left. Colbert fired up a 3 that grasped iron and the buzzer sounded giving Memorial the upset victory.

Heh GNG, do you know which Forum member had Majak Wenyin on his unsung player list for the playoffs? Cool

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:07 am

GNG dumped his Memorial stock/interest early for that sure fire team... that was going to go on an epic winning streak and then.....hmmm... here's where it gets foggy.

Enjoyed my stock tonight though - thanks GNG!

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

D1 Boy's Prelim Games. Any Upsets? - Page 2 Empty Prelims...BG/Merrimack

Post  tarrier Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:12 am

BG actually had the ball in the final minute down 49-48 with a chance to take the winning shot(44 seconds left to be exact). THey worked the clock down to about 5 seconds, but McCarthy had the ball taken away by Eric Gendron. Gendron was fouled and sank 2 FT's with 4.9 seconds left to make it 51-48 Merrimack. But Jeff Lunn drained a 3 from just to the left of the top of the arc at the buzzer to send it to OT. Tyler Gendron scored a quick lay up off the opening tap of the extra session and Merrimack cruised to a 62-51 win by shutting out BG 11-0 in the OT.

Eric Gendron had 17, Tyler and Dimitri scored 13 each for Merrimack. Senior guard Dylan O'Brien came off the bench to score a big 7 for the Tomahawks who move on to face Dover after the Green Wave beat Salem.

Lunn had 19 in a losing effort. McCarthy had 14, Kesty 13.

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:14 am

Just an incredible night of basketball. 6 of the 8 games had a combined winning margin of 18 points. This night reminded me of the quarterfinal night last year when every game went to the wire. There was an incredible ebb and flow to the evening.

The quarterfinals are going to be equally dramatic. 3 of the 4 games look to me like near pick em games.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:33 am

NHhoops guy.

I vowed a long time ago never to set foot in that gym again.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

D1 Boy's Prelim Games. Any Upsets? - Page 2 Empty Did anyone notice who the high scorer for BG was?

Post  GNG Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:26 am

It starts with L and ends with UNN. Very Happy Very Happy

Where have the forum readers read that name before.

Your Welcome.

Tully- I was saying to T@F last night that the 2 worst teams I saw this season were Dover and Memorial.

Both in the elite eight.

What do I know. Sad Sad

Not much. Embarassed Embarassed

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:44 am

It's okay - GNG - this forum is filled with surprises....

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:48 pm

Interesting line score in the Trinity-Exeter game:

Trinity 16-23-57
Exeter 19-7-53

Exeter out-field goaled Trinity, but Trinity had a wide margin in FTs.

Matt Barr had 35 points for Exeter.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2