New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

D2 Boys Prelim Games March 7

2 posters

Go down

D2 Boys Prelim Games March 7 Empty D2 Boys Prelim Games March 7

Post  SeacoastDad Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:20 pm

Here are the D2 preliminary round matchups (don't worry, the NHIAA will get to it eventually):

1 Hanover - 16 Windham
2 Portsmouth - 15 Kingswood
3 Pembroke - 14 St. Thomas
4 Souhegan - 13 Hollis/Brookline
5 Bedford - 12 Bishop Brady
6 Merrimack Valley - 11 Coe-Brown
7 Goffstown - 10 John Stark
8 Pelham - 9 Lebanon

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

D2 Boys Prelim Games March 7 Empty Re: D2 Boys Prelim Games March 7

Post  JustinMcIsaac Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:57 pm

SeacoastDad wrote:Here are the D2 preliminary round matchups (don't worry, the NHIAA will get to it eventually):

1 Hanover - 16 Windham
2 Portsmouth - 15 Kingswood
3 Pembroke - 14 St. Thomas
4 Souhegan - 13 Hollis/Brookline
5 Bedford - 12 Bishop Brady
6 Merrimack Valley - 11 Coe-Brown
7 Goffstown - 10 John Stark
8 Pelham - 9 Lebanon

I'll take :

WINDHAM for the upset!

PHS

Pembroke (though I think STA keeps it close)

Souhegan

Bedford

CBNA (mini upset)

John Stark

Pelham

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:59 pm

Windham-Hanover- When I saw Hanover I wasn't impressed at all. I won't go as far as calling the upset as Justin did but if a 16 were to beat a 1 this seems to be one of the better chances to have it happen.

Kingswood-Portsmouth- Portsmouth rolls, I think they'll be back in the final four at least if not the ship.

St. Thomas-Pembroke- St. Thomas has some pretty solid wins on there resume, and while I'm one who thinks the teams in the north have inflated records because of lack of competition I don't see the 14 3 upset got Pembroke taking this one.

H/B-Souhegan- Meeting for a 4th time, Souhegan took both reg season games, lost the X-mas tourney game. H/B has been playing some solid basketball but I just think this could be the year for Souhegan. Had H/B been playing someone else I likely would've taken them for the upset. (Still could happen in this one)

Brady-Bedford- Haven't seen Bedford since they got whacked by Pelham, but they went on a tear after that. I hear the guard play for Bedford has improved and with that size always a huge threat to go deep. I don't know much about Brady other than Jourdain Bell kid seems to be the real deal, but don't see the freshmen and Brady taking out Bedford.

CB/Valley- Haven't seen either so I'll just pick this game on what I've heard and say Valley.

Stark/G-town- This will be the 3rd time meeting...in a row. G-Town has taken the first 2 games. First team to 70+ wins unless one team decides to play some D. Hard to beat a good team 3 times and I don't think it'll happen Stark over G-town.

Pelham/Leb- Had you told me Pelham would've been an 8 earlier in the season I would've probably thought you were crazy. They're just so ferocious on D, just seems there offense is very up and down. I think Coach Regan will get his squad ready for this game and they'll take it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down