New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

First Annual GNG Prediction/ Guess division one final standings Contest.

+12
loyalty33
rwvogeley
Bert54the1
FOXY LADY
Tuesday and Friday
goldenbear
FreeLunch
NHHoopsFan
SeacoastDad
NHSports11
Tulliver
GNG
16 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

First Annual GNG  Prediction/ Guess division one final standings Contest. - Page 5 Empty More scramblin then Fran Tarkenton.

Post  GNG Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:05 am

Next 2 weeks are chaulk full of great games. look at Tuesday.

ALVIRNE 9-5 AT PINKY 9-5.

WEST 8-6 AT MEMORIAL 7-6.

MERRIMACK 11-3 AT NORTH11-3.
GAME OF THE NIGHT. Has anyone mentioned that Jackson King is out the year {wrist}. Well if not you read it here first. What else is new. Sports forum has more scoops then DAIRY QUEEN.

SOUTH 8-7 AT TRINITY 12-2.

TIMBY 0-14 AT LONDONDERRY 2-12. Very important game for the contest. I jumped hard on that bandwagon and got them 15th.

Teams are going to be sliding up and down those standings these next 2 weeks.
Arrow Question
I will be at the game of the year. BG girls at WINNIE part 2. I missed the North game ,had to work late . Don't mind the drive, this should be a dandy.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

First Annual GNG  Prediction/ Guess division one final standings Contest. - Page 5 Empty I knew it

Post  Bert54the1 Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:54 am

Didn't want to throw salt on Merrimack's wounds. That's the 4th major injury for their team this season. Amazing that Goodridge's team is 14-3. (11-3 in the regular season)

Bert54the1
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

First Annual GNG  Prediction/ Guess division one final standings Contest. - Page 5 Empty Re: First Annual GNG Prediction/ Guess division one final standings Contest.

Post  GNG Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:45 pm

I don't get it Bert. One of this site's functions is to deciminate information. Not trying to pour salt in wounds. A few years back when BG football had a ton of injuries{ literal and figurative} to the football team {my son included}, I was on here posting about it.

Onto THE CONTEST.

Usually I am this site's FIGUREITOUTOLOGIST {GNG word}. I can by this time of year have a rough idea of who is finishing where, and give probable matchups.

Can't do it.

It's like we are in the thick jungle in South America. We have our machetes out, and are wacking and cutting, but getting nowhere. The one absolute thing I know is Timby is finishing 19th. EVERYTHING else is up for grabs.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

First Annual GNG  Prediction/ Guess division one final standings Contest. - Page 5 Empty Re: First Annual GNG Prediction/ Guess division one final standings Contest.

Post  GNG Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:36 pm

new top 5 as of tonight.

trinity
north
salem
spaulding
merrimack.

STILL PLENTY OF SHUFFLING OF THE DECK BEFORE THIS CARD GAME IS OVER.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:08 am

West beating memorial hurt me

good for them if only they could play in cities games every Tuesday and Firday

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:32 pm

Londonderry 57 - Memorial 55.

Huge win for those of us that have the Lancers making the tourny Very Happy

Nine entries including me have them finishing at 15.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:45 pm

T&F must be running through the streets of Londonderry setting furniture on fire.

(please note - this is tongue in cheek - I do not want to give the impression that T&F is an arsonist but I do suspect he owns a Blue Foam Finger)

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:52 pm

12 of us sports slueths {me included} picked Pinkerton to finish 9th or lower. OUCH.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

First Annual GNG  Prediction/ Guess division one final standings Contest. - Page 5 Empty Remember when we started this and there were only 6 games left.

Post  GNG Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:25 am

How hard could it be?

Very Hard.

If it ended today we would have a tie between FOXY LADY and T@F with 9 points each. Anyone ,but T@F please Lord. Very Happy FOXY LADY if you win remember I'm Married. You get to look at the eye candy, but that's it. Maybe I'll let you take a picture for whatever social media site your on. No reason your friends and family shouldn't share in your big day. Cool

Next in line is myself and loyalty33 with 8 points.. We all know by next week when I am writing this I will be the winner king , but it's good for you people to feel like you have a chance.
Loyalty33 told me the only reason he entered was the time we went out for lunch,and ended up in Montreal. That was a great lunch. Twisted Evil No we are not going to Montreal, don't even think about it.

NHSPORTS11,SEACOASTDAD,JUSTIN, AND RW make up the next group at 7. A win here, a win there and you guys are dining with the man, the myth, the legend. Shocked

FREELUNCH, AND BERT are next with 6 points each. Kind of pulling for Bert. Would love to see who he is. I believe he lives in Merrimack, and I also believe he knows me, and I know him. Laughing

NHHOOPSFAN,GBEAR,BIGMAN, AND TARRIER next with 5 points each. You guys are the KRAMER of this CONTEST. Remember he saw the pretty girl, then 5 minutes later he slaps down his money "I'M OUT". affraid

Seriously, everyone is still in it. The bottom of this pig pile is what's going win this thing. Keene at Londonderry becomes a game that I might go to. This whole season has been nuts, no reason to think the last week will be any different. cherry alien Suspect confused

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:31 am

GNG, T & F and a FOXY LADY meeting for lunch.

I could reach into my literary keyboard...........

.......But I won't.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:04 am

I will be heading to the 99 for lunch today. Scope the place out, make sure it's acceptable to my standards. I then will go to The Flats to make sure the lunch menu is acceptable to the people involved in this contest.

The things I do for this contest to ensure the winner has a great time. Laughing Very Happy sunny

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:18 am

The fact that you are buying when I win this contest makes any place you choose acceptable.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  FOXY LADY Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:22 pm

GNG I want to go to The Flat they have better Martini's. I hope T&F and I do not tie so I can listen to all the basketball knowledge you have.

Last edited by FOXY LADY on Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

FOXY LADY
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:56 pm

That my good lady would take longer then lunch cheers

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

First Annual GNG  Prediction/ Guess division one final standings Contest. - Page 5 Empty Two games left.

Post  GNG Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:55 am

Still up for grabs.

Central over North certainly helped some people.{not me}

Going to be an interesting week to see how this thing shakes out. Very interesting. cyclops

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

First Annual GNG  Prediction/ Guess division one final standings Contest. - Page 5 Empty Last game of the season.

Post  GNG Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:58 am

Remember we started this with 6 games left. It seems like months ago. Imagine if we did this at the start of the season.

Fourteen tried and true contestants. Who will be victorious?

Will it be THE BEAR who considers himself GOLDEN? Possible. Very Happy

How about the man who love TUESDAYS and FRIDAYS? could be. Basketball

Don't count out our version of Bob Lobel and Eddie Andelman, TARRIER and JUSTIN. You never know. Smile

RW VOGELY {sounds like a lawyer's name doesn't it?}. His picks don't completely suck. Razz

The LADY who thinks she is a FOX. She might be clever, but is she clever enough to win? Laughing

I know BERT is 54 and thinks he is the 1, but will he want to bring ERNIE with him to lunch? sunny

It's a long way to drive from the SEACOAST for this DAD. Chance of having to make the drive 7 % study

BIGMAN's sheet looks as good as any. If a division 2 guru wins this. I'll be ticked. On second thought, he seems like a good dude. Basketball

Not LOYALTY 33. I had lunch with him last week. The next tab he picks up will be his first. Embarassed

Then there is FREE LUNCH. We all know why he is in the contest. Watch out what you wish for. Mad

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

First Annual GNG  Prediction/ Guess division one final standings Contest. - Page 5 Empty Wait i'm not done yet.

Post  GNG Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:08 am

NH SPORTS 11 and NH HOOPS FAN. I LOVED both your sheets 6 games ago. Still a chance, but I liked your sheets better 6 games ago confused

Then there is me GNG, always save the best for last.Rolling Eyes

I look at my sheet and wonder how the heck I will win. Cheat maybe Suspect Evil or Very Mad . I'm sure by the time the dusts settles my sheet will somehow be number 1. Like a Star @ heaven

That's what winners do. They win cheers I love you Rolling Eyes Cool

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY alien

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

First Annual GNG  Prediction/ Guess division one final standings Contest. - Page 5 Empty Close Call

Post  FreeLunch Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:02 pm

I'm not sure who's going to win this pool....fortunately it won't be me. I believe I have 6 correct and if Exeter held on in regulation I would have had 10 correct. No sour grapes here....just pointing out once again how closely things were bunched this year. I've already filled out my brackets....the bottom half of the bracket is not the place to be (Salem, North, Spaulding, Merrimack). I think that's a better 4some than Trinity, Central, Pinkerton, Alvirne especially if Floras is able to go for Merrimack.

FreeLunch
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:07 pm

The road victories for more points as opposed to less points for a home victory is a sham. Spaulding should've received the #4 seed over Central. They had the same record as Central and beat them head to head. Those 5/4 points system for road/home victories is out of whack.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:08 am

I'M gonna wait until NHIAA comes out with final standings. Never know what they are going to do. My head hurts bad enough this morning, never mind trying to figure this out.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:27 am

Good call. Last season in D1 girls for 2 days Dover was #4 and Memorial #5 until Dover discovered a "clerical error" with regards to home/away victories. 36 hours before the prelims started it changed to #4 Memorial and #5 Dover.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  NHHoopsFan Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:43 pm

Well my crystal ball was a bit foggy, but I did have Trinity, North, Salem, and Central in my top 5 and in the right order. Very Happy Merrimack, my number 2, killed my sheet. I also took a beating with West, and PA got healthy and pulled together to finish much stronger than I thought they would.

NHHoopsFan
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:02 pm

Floras not playing in the Central game killed along with their lose to Winny killed me

I was close with each teams record but not at all right with their place

the only thing I was off on was Merrimack finishing top 4 and Central I had them slipping, everything else I was only a place or so off along with Memorial I had them tenth

It was fun

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

First Annual GNG  Prediction/ Guess division one final standings Contest. - Page 5 Empty Unofficial results

Post  GNG Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:04 am

We have a tie between Foxy Lady and NH Sports11 with 7 points each.

There are no ties in the GNG contest. You want ties go to a mens store, or a soccer game. This is basketball.

But first let's talk about the losers. What a pathetic bunch of bannana's we have. lol!

Seacoast dad- 2 points. The only person not to pick Trinity 1st comes in last. Go figure. I don't mean that literally. study Basketball

Bert-3 points. Thats' like getting a 300 on the old SAT'S. Jeez they give you 200 points for writing your name. affraid

Justin, RW, Tarrier,and gbear- 4 points. This group dissapointed me the most, They go to all the games. This is my ASNEM group {mensa backwards} Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed geek geek geek geek

T@F, BIGMAN-5 points. BiGman no problem. You beat out the other d2 guy by 3 points. T@F . I hope you take a long hard look in the mirror this am. I was thinking of sending a PM to the moderators of this board and have you banished for your lack of hoop knowledge. confused You my friend had better start paying attention. scratch Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

First Annual GNG  Prediction/ Guess division one final standings Contest. - Page 5 Empty Unofficial results part 2

Post  GNG Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:18 am

Loyalty 33, Free lunch, NH hoops fan, and GNG- 6 points. Exeter beats Dover and a couple of us in this group [me included} are sitting at 10 points and laughing at you pathetic losers. Instead, we are now citizens of LOSERVILLE. Population 12, soon to be 13. Sad Sad Sad Sad

Foxy lady and NH sports11- 7 points each. Nothing to brag about. You got 12 wrong. It's like your King and Queen king queen of a village of idiots. geek geek

This was a blast. Next year we do it from the start of the season.

Last edited by GNG on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next