New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

When was the last time this late in the season 4 teams had 5 - 1 records?

3 posters

Go down

When was the last time this late in the season 4 teams had 5 - 1 records? Empty When was the last time this late in the season 4 teams had 5 - 1 records?

Post  GNG Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:27 am

I can't remember , but that's not saying much cuz I have a hard time remembering last week. Shocked I know Marc Thaler has access to that Union Leader equipment. Maybe he could enlighten us, or if someone else knows.

In the preseason we all said division 3 would be good, but this is ridiculous. Hats off to those teams. cheers cheers cheers cheers

Speaking of hats, I saw Hollis/ Brooklines uniforms in the Telegraph today. They get my vote for coolest football uniforms. Cool . Black shirts, black pants , blue trim, blue facemasks. Black always makes a team look tougher to me. pirat

Speaking of tough guys, I' ll take Dwight from Memorial, and Davies from Pinkerton. Those two are BULLS. They don't have breakaway speed, but they are what I like to call PUNISHING RUNNERS. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

My vote for MOST UNDERRATED RB- Zach Mailloux. Surprised Notice who Coach Cote feeds the rock to if it's a close game. MAILLOUX. It's no coincidence that he has had his two best games when Guertin needed him the most. Last night against Winnie, and at SPAULDING. He doesn't get the ball 20 times a game, most games he is lucky to get 10 carries.Watch when the playoffs roll around though, my call is you will be seeing his name called ALOT MORE. The kid is tough to bring down, and runs with determination.

Last edited by GNG on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

When was the last time this late in the season 4 teams had 5 - 1 records? Empty Re: When was the last time this late in the season 4 teams had 5 - 1 records?

Post  GNG Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:36 am

I just thought of this.

Last season before hoops there was a movement made by the BG parents to purchase New uniforms. Basketball The away uni's were to be black shorts, black shirts, with gold numbers and green trim. That would have been some sharp uniforms.

The good brothers thought of black as an EVIL color Evil or Very Mad and didn't want a good catholic institution represented that way. scratch

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

When was the last time this late in the season 4 teams had 5 - 1 records? Empty Re: When was the last time this late in the season 4 teams had 5 - 1 records?

Post  JAF Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:08 pm

Imagine how much better Zach could be if he were running in a more imaginative offense. Tough to get many yards running east/west having the D-Line watch your movement, get the ball, and then have some DE or DT plow through his undersized opponent... The Winni line was huge - a lot like CM and PA. GNG wasn't in his usual perch last night, but truly from my perspective the difference last night was the QB play of Fahey. Sure he missed a few connections with wide open receivers, but usually because he was running for his life. The runs he had in the 3rd/4th quarter last night were the result of option like plays where he was able to squeeze through the DT/DE hole or use speed to get around the DE. Interesting the opening kickoff was sent away from Boykin, but like last year he received the handoff from Marino and was able to evade a few tacklers and take it to the house. I was impressed by the Winni Soph QB - saw him last year in the Frosh game and knew he was going to be a good one. The BG fake punt was a gem - we were wondering in the stands right at the time if the coach knew Patrick was a QB, but his dad says he won't throw it because he has his gloves on. We look out there and Chartrand is lined up as a gunner with no one covering him and no one within 40 yards of him.... We were like snap the ball!!! Winni goes out and covers Chartrand, ball is snapped and Patrick just steps up and throws a bullet to the other side while the Winni defense is making sure that Chartrand got covered and the defense rebalanced.... Great if it works, but if it doesn't we could be talking about that one decision as the game changer. In the end it's two games in a row that Winni was outcoached and outplayed down the stretch. They wrested the big MO from BG in the 3rd quarter, but gave it right back on an ill advised pass to the endzone when they got the ball back after scoring, forcing a 3 and out, and having a botched snap on the punt. The pass sailed on the QB a bit and CJ snagged it in the endzone and brought it back out almost breaking it for a TD too.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:19 pm

Sorry JAF, ran into some old friends in the afternoon. Nuff said.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  E.I.R. Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:19 pm

Mailloux's best runs were when he started in the backfield and ran straight forward. His two touchdowns? Two tight end formation with two fullbacks leading the way for him, also straight dives. My opinion is that he's a downfield runner, he doesn't have the lateral quickness of someone like CJ, but he sure as hell can run between the tackles.
I think he's good but I disagree GNG on him being the most underrated back. Under-utilized, for sure, but for my money (assuming we include fullbacks) I think Cornell is underrated. Kid runs a hard, gritty style. He doesn't try to run around kids to get extra yards, he tries to go through them. I'm surprised he doesn't get the short yardage and goal line carries, but I assume the reason his offensive role is relatively small is that he is one of their starting linebackers and on a few special teams. Make no mistake though, BG has a treasure trove of good backs.

E.I.R.
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down