New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

One word to decribe the games in division 2 in week 4

5 posters

Go down

One word to decribe the games in division 2 in week 4 Empty One word to decribe the games in division 2 in week 4

Post  GNG Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:37 am

BORING.

I am 7 for 8 on my picks thus far. This is to easy. Wake me up when it's next week.

This week there isn't one good game in division 2.

Timberlane 55 Alvirne 14. Sleep Sleep

BG 55 Merrimack 14. Sleep Sleep

Dover 55 Spaulding 14 Sleep Sleep

Keene 55 West 14 Sleep Sleep

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

One word to decribe the games in division 2 in week 4 Empty Re: One word to decribe the games in division 2 in week 4

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:18 pm

Heh GNG.

WAKE UP !!!!! sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

I wanted to wake you up and tell you Alvrine beat Timberlane 28 - 27.

I'm presuming it was a good game. There goes your perfect picking weekend.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

One word to decribe the games in division 2 in week 4 Empty Re: One word to decribe the games in division 2 in week 4

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:21 pm

Wonder if some of this upset karma will rub off the Merrimack football team in their emotional clash with BG tomorrow?

The field might stay wet from all this rain and be an equalizer at Soggy Stellos Stadium.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

One word to decribe the games in division 2 in week 4 Empty I AM UP

Post  GNG Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:46 am

TIMBY'S qb had his appendix out and missed the game.Eleven fumbles by Timberlane.They played a rb at qb in the first half with horrible results. Second half they played a soph at qb and mounted their comeback.I know it still counts as a win, but... NOW YOU KNOW THE REST OF THE STORY.

That game will haunt Timby the rest of the season. They are going to be on the road in the first round of the playoffs now. Embarassed

Don't worry T@F, I have it on very good sources that the lund rd lads had a super week of practice. They will not be overlooking Merrimack. They realize that Coach Bautista puts all his emotional eggs confused confused in the one basket that is the BG game. Look for MERRIMACK RESIDENT Zach Mailoux to have a big game. Very Happy Very Happy

One good thing about the game being held at Stellos. I won't have to worry about Coach Bautista trying to have me thrown out at halftime, like he did 2 seasons ago in Merrimack. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by GNG on Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:31 am

North lost their 2 best players last night, and the Central coach was saying if he lost his top 2 players his team would be in trouble.

BG- Bob Fahey QB/ CAPTAIN out ankle
Brody Smith RB/OLB/KR/PR/ CAPTAIN OUT BROKEN FOOT
Blake Boudreau RB/ OLB ,CONCUSSION
Nick Marino RB/S NOT SURE WHAT INJURY IS
CJ Boykins RB/KR/PR HAMSTRING

That's 2 captains, one qb, and 4 rb's out of their top 5 rb's.

My point is Coach Cote would LOVE it if he was only down his 2 top players.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:24 am

I do get the feeling Merrimack High is oil and GNG is water.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:30 am

Oh and by the way, I'm sure Alvrine had some injuries and issues for the Timby game also. The team that pulls the major upset never gets the credit they should because most people focus on who Timby didn't have or what they didn't do right. So, with this I say:

CONGRATULATIONS ALVRINE !!!!

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  E.I.R. Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:35 am

Pretty typical of BG, same thing with the injuries last year. Hopefully they keep going hard every play like they did last year, even with 3rd, 4th, and 5th string runners in there.
T@F, not sure how much the soggy Stellos will be an equalizer. I think that this year, especially with all the injuries GNG posted above, that the Merrimack team may have the speed advantage with King and Myers (4.47 40?). BG is missing some of their fastest players, Smith, Marino, and Boykin are for my money probably the 3 fastest on the team.
If the BG Offensive line can block Sam Prive (only seen him play 2-3 times) who is a load at 6'2" 255, then I agree, expect a big game from Mailloux. O'Reilly saw a lot of carries last week too, maybe we'll see that again, he looked pretty quick and agile vs. Spaulding.

E.I.R.
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:50 am

A ray of sunshine from GNG over the current BG coaching staff - I cannot believe my eyes! I had to have a second cup of coffee to be sure! Let's face 2 years ago, I think once Tojo found out about the details of GNG's pregame festivities, he was in the proverbial dog house with him too. But everyone makes a mistake and we forgive those, right?

When I saw the Alv/Timby score last night - I was shocked. When I read about the why today, I understood. Timby with QB Bidgood would have been no match. I doubt Timby had a whole lot of time to practice without him - just goes to show you how tough of a position QB is to play. Gotta hand it to Alvirne they took advantage of the opportunities. Timby will need to work out their issues; otherwise, next weeks game at Merrimack could wash out their postseason dreams.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:19 pm

Coach Cote here are a few tricks to watch out for in today's game. Onside kicks, fake punts, halfback option pass, and trick plays such as these. Make sure the safety doesn't bite on the fakes.
No thanks are needed.

JAF, we are meeting the Cuipa's at the 99 for appetizers before the game. Mr.s JAF and you are welcome. I heard T@F might make a guest appearance. cheers

E.I.R. I used to coach Sam Prive. WHAT A GREAT KID. He always put a smile on my face. Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:43 pm

It won't be difficult to miss GNG tonight. He'll be the one with the big bulls eye on his shirt that will say, "If you are a Merrimack resident/Merrimack fan, then aim here."

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:58 pm

You would be surprised how many people like me in Merrimack T@F.

I know of at least 10 or 11. pirat

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:16 pm

2010 census says Merrimack's population is 25,494. I'll round off for simplistic purposes. This means you are liked by:

.00043 % of the people in the town of Merrimack.

I used 11 people who liked you instead of 10 so the numbers would be in your favor.

lol!

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:24 pm

The difference between GNG and other MMK residents - he can speak his mind (hmm... careful T&F) and not fear retribution in the form of reduced play time or even worse not even being selected for the team.

One thing that did surprise me last week - King didn't play QB - he was in the slot a lot and usually was in motion (I'm sure you can guess who got the ball when he was in motion, it doesn't take a great football mind). If MMK tries trick plays that means they learned them from Alvirne... The onside kick to start the half was almost a game changer. Penalties were the difference in that game. Hopefully BG doesn't commit too many stupid penalties tonight.

I may show up at 99's tonight - Mr's JAF probably will go help set up tailgate like she usually does, unless of course you guys are starting around 4PM. If you do start that early though - make sure to assign a DD drunken

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:28 pm

When was the last time Merrimack made the playoffs in football? I think it's been 6 or 7 years. OUCH, a town with 26,000 residents. What's up with that?

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:36 pm

The bulls eye just got bigger on GNG Twisted Evil

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:30 am

nine for 12 on my predictions. Keene losing to West. WOW, Timby losing to Alvirne WOW.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  SofaKing Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:04 am

Merrimack last went to the playoffs in 2005. They missed by tie breaker in 2004, and they missed last year by 1 game.

D2 is REALLY weak this year. Winny is way down (young), Timby is very good, but losing to Alvirne hurts...bad. Dover is decent, but I would have expected them to perform better against South and Merrimack.

As for King, I really believe he is terribly over-rated. Is he a good athlete? Yes. Is he a good football player? Ummm...I'm really not sure. Saw him play a little last year and this year, and I think he made his name last year running with a MUCH better offensive line and 2 other backfield mates (Smith and Williams?) that took the heat off of him.

SofaKing
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down