New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Suicide squeezes,flawless fielding, stolen bases and timely hitting.

4 posters

Go down

Suicide squeezes,flawless fielding, stolen bases and timely hitting.  Empty Suicide squeezes,flawless fielding, stolen bases and timely hitting.

Post  GNG Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:51 am

Was I really watching BG baseball. Guertin opened up the season with a 9-0 win over West on a gorgeous night for baseball. Cody Gilcrest is rarely mentioned as one of the top hurler's in NH. I have a feeling that is about to change. The senior was bringing it last night,giving up 4 hits over six shutout innings. There was a juggs gun in the stands and he was hitting 84- 85 mph pretty consistently, and his curveball was buckling knees. The pitcher from West {Clayton Welch } was also bringing the heat. It was a 2 run ball game until Welch tired in the 6th, and BG busted open the game with an exciting brand of baseball that has sorely been missing from the lund rd lads the past few seasons.
BG had 7 hits on the night with Steve Cuipa{ 2 } being the only cardinal with more then 1 hit. Mike Kelly made his pinch running debut with the score 2-0, he promptly stole 3rd base and came home on a baseknock by Cuipa.Guertin turned 2 double plays on the night, and played errorless ball in the field.Alan Maquerie also threw out a runner. This kid is a junior and he is THE REAL DEAL.
I don't know if West has much else beside Welch to throw, because the coach left him out there to long. It was obvious that he ran out of gas in the 6th. Pat Clapp pitched a scoreless 7th fo BG. I am not sure what other teams have for pitching depth this year,but BG has some arms. Ferland taking the hill later this week,kid can throw. Big Joe McCarthy waiting for his turn, lefty fireballer Garrett Kelly, Clapp,Trevor Howe,Tim Lund,etc,etc, etc..
Good pitching,good catcher,good defense and good coaching can win you alot of games in NH baseball. I still stand by my 12-6 prediction.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Suicide squeezes,flawless fielding, stolen bases and timely hitting.  Empty Re: Suicide squeezes,flawless fielding, stolen bases and timely hitting.

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:54 am

Nice recap GNG. I was looking for other posts by other Forum-ites that might have taken advantage of the outstanding weather yesterday to attend some HS openers. It's tough to get a lot of details from the papers as HS coverage definitely takes a back seat. Results are fairly sketchy on the NHIAA website this morning.

I was thinking of using my new multi use BG shirt to take in the BG at Trinity game tomorrow up on the Derryfield hill, but the weather looks like it'll be the same as when the priest was trying to finish his round of 18 in Caddyshack. We'll see.....

I'm trying to get a line on your prediction for BG's baseball team. If I'm not mistaken, I think you have them finishing 12-6, correct? You have made about 6 or 7 postings beating the prediction dead horse about their future record and I just wanted to make sure you were still pounding the prediction horse.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Suicide squeezes,flawless fielding, stolen bases and timely hitting.  Empty You know me and my dead horses.

Post  GNG Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:05 am

Many people have them with 5 or 6 wins, so I am out on a limb here with 12 w's. Don't mean to correct you, but I believe that was a pastor not a priest.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Suicide squeezes,flawless fielding, stolen bases and timely hitting.  Empty Re: Suicide squeezes,flawless fielding, stolen bases and timely hitting.

Post  GNG Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:16 am

Hope to seeyou soon T@F. The Cuipa's,Rems, Mignaults,McClungs,Psychoca's,and the Ferlands were seated next to each other at the annual BG fund raising gala. OPEN BAR with that crew for 5 hours, enough stories to keep you smiling for weeks.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:17 am

As usual we are both wrong. The character was a Bishop.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:21 am

Open Bar at a Catholic school fund raiser? I hope we don't have a scoop for the Telegraph's front page head line for tomorrow dealing with private school back door details??

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:31 am

oh no, everything thru the front door.tickets were 75 bucks each dinner ,drinks, and dancing. My wife always wanted to go, so we went. We got our money's worth and then some.Trust me.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:51 am

T&F - you sure Trinity is playing home games at Derryfield Park again? I know a couple years ago we played them at St.A's... Wasn't sure if they still used the St.A's field or not. I think the reason they went to St.A's was the "conditions" of the field (broken glass being the primary issue).

As for the gala - $75 for an open bar and food stations (mostly a French fare - cheese, beef, chicken with a Sushi table as well). I think our table was in the running for the most empty drinks on the table. Certainly our corner - 3 tables closest to one of the 2 bars. Nothing like a few drinks to loosen the purse strings when you're trying to fund raise for the endowment fund (or as some would like to say our recruiting budget clown).

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:00 pm

Jaf - Bg - Trinity game is being played at Derryfield tomorrow weather depending. Maybe BG could use some of that sushi bar fund raising money and play the game at the Rogers Centre if it rains tomorrow.u

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Suicide squeezes,flawless fielding, stolen bases and timely hitting.  Empty T@F was there anything in the union leader hard copy high school preview baseball edition on the Welch kid from WEST

Post  GNG Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:28 pm

I never heard of him, but he was dealing.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:45 pm

No I havent heard of him either. Ul just had a line score on the game. Their hs baseball prevkew was skeleton at best.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:26 pm

I'm also trying to look up HS basebal info for you while I'm trying to decide what to have flr a late breakfast at the Red Arrow:

Bison Burger eggs benedict or Chicken Parm omellete.

I just ask myself, "What would GNG order ??

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:36 pm

I remembered the name Northeast Baseball Forum - he's a 2012 according to a post there about a pitching showcase held at Londonderry last Spring where he threw 81-83. He was on the U15 Manchester BR All Star team last year as well that went to the regionals. Reports there had him 83-86. He was certainly throwing hard last night, although as mentioned before he was in probably a bit too long. You could see him shaking his shoulder in the 6th as his defense did him in and he just had to keep pitching out after out... There were 2 dropped 3rd strikes where the batter-runner reached first, a brain fart on a bunt down 1st base line with runners on 1st/3rd where the result was runners on 1st/3rd again, and a bad throw to 1b from 3b/ss... Don't know how many pitches he ended up with, but he had to be at least 90-110. That's a lot for this early in the season.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Suicide squeezes,flawless fielding, stolen bases and timely hitting.  Empty Here is a very good website for you GNG

Post  abball Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:01 pm

http://hsbaseballweb.com/eve/forums
Very good website for The baseball lovers of the Forum. They have everything on this Forum from college and pros to Northeast southwest everything. Check it out its pretty good. I frequently visit this site. Has a lot about NH baseball.

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Suicide squeezes,flawless fielding, stolen bases and timely hitting.  Empty abball you always hook me up

Post  GNG Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:29 pm

I should have asked you first. T@F is not what you call a multi sport fan, if he was an artist he would be strictly watercolors. Where I would be sculpting, painting, molding,creating.I would be like Davinci, or REMbrandt. T@F would be painting campbell soup cans.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:35 pm

I would trade my BG shirt in a heartbeat for one of Andy Warhol's pop art rendetions of a Campbell soup can.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:37 pm

Oh and I went with the Arrow omelette today. GNG probably would've ordered the Bison Burger eggs benedict or the Chicken Parm omelette. I went with the leaner breakfast choice.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:47 pm

You better be wearing that shirt wednesday at the game.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:50 pm

I might need some warm Campbell's soup to keep me from freezing in the raining 40 something degree Derryfield Park.

Can you bring me a BG wind jacket?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:04 pm

NO, my wife says you are using me as your personal clothing store, I would buy you and your wife a ticket to next year's gala, but I think we are banned for a few years.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:33 pm

Sushi Bar, Gala and Open Bar.

My My, hasn't BG become quite the upper end of the social ladder for social-ites.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum