New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

1/16 Friday Night Lights

4 posters

Go down

1/16 Friday Night Lights Empty 1/16 Friday Night Lights

Post  chicagokid43 Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:25 am

Ok, Seeing T and F with his L Friday post I have to match him in I. It is a dirty job but someone has to do it. Here Goes..

Milford host Monadnock I actually have very little motivation to be at this game and I am a father of a player. I would tend to think the Milford gym will look more like a class L gym tomorrow night.

Souhegan goes to Bedford Bedford has the talent to beat Souhegan and should win a good game against the Sabers.

Bow host Stark in a rematch of the opening night game where Stark won at the buzzer. I see Bow controlling this game and winning. Their playing against some good teams over the Holidays seems to have given them confidence and it being at Bow, they have the edge.

Coe Brown goes to Hollis Brookline This could be a great game of two young teams with size biut not a lot of guards to get them the ball. I see Skyler winning the battle around the hoop and stealing a win in Hollis.

Kennett and Kingswood Kingswood win this going away. I think they got off to a good start and no realize that while they may not be the team to beat they can still get some real good wins and have a chance to get a home court playoff game in March.

Plymouth visits MV I think MV wins this but it is a better game that expected. MV still has questions at the guard spot and Plymouth will hang around but Cressey is to much in the end and MV wins it.

Pembroke vs St Thomas Pembroke is small but their quickness is to much for St Thomas.

There are some crossover games as well but as a boycott of the class L teams not playing Milford I will not even talk of the crossovers that the bottom teams in I are getting in class M.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

1/16 Friday Night Lights Empty Re: 1/16 Friday Night Lights

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:25 am

chicagokid43 wrote:I would tend to think the Milford gym will look more like a class L gym tomorrow night.

Whoa! Layin' the smack down on Class L attendance patterns, I love it...so you're saying I'll have to go somewhere else for an Italian Sausage and Diet Coke pre-game besides the Milford parking lot?
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:19 pm

I take exception to the statement by ChiKid that says, "the Milford gym will look more like a class L gym tomorrow night."

True, that sometimes there can be a dry gulch quality to some attendances at Class L games, but if there are several characters in the stands to socialize with, then the evening is a success, dry gulch or not.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

1/16 Friday Night Lights Empty Gulch..

Post  chicagokid43 Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:19 pm

Here is how bad it is for me in Milford these days. One I have to get to the gym at the beginning of the JV game to be able to set up the tripod for filming of the JV game. Even more of an issue was getting to Best Buy today to upgrade my tripod. The original tripod was not working because the crowd stands the entire game and it was not tall enough to see over the top.
After realizing that Mrs MItchell is 4 feet 10 and films half of the games I now know what I have to upgrade next! lol

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:27 pm

well Milford barely beat Monadnock....by 49. 88-39.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

1/16 Friday Night Lights Empty Salt..

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:37 am

Not to rub salt in the wounds of the Monadnock club by any means but the 49 point win doesn't begin to tell the story. Milford started 5 non starters and the core 5 actual starters only played a combined 9-10 minutes. Coach Murray used them for a about 5 minutes in the 2nd quarter and 3 or 4 in the 3rd quarter. In that time frame Mike O'Loughlin had 3 or 4 dunks on steals. Milford had to stall in the final quarter to not score 100. The Monadnock team were great sports and didn't complain or show frustration at all. I was impressed with their composure. Games like these are hard for everyone including the fans but I am sure glad Milford was on the winning side of it because I do not think I could have been so composed on the other end.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:40 am

Interesting he didn't start his starters. To me that's a bit of a slap in the face, no matter what the disparity is between the teams. Lot of other good Class I games tonight, anybody else see any others?
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

1/16 Friday Night Lights Empty Agreed

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:55 am

I think that is a more disrespectful thing than being up 20 in 4 minutes. Sad to say both happened. Milford's bench players dominated as well. They were up 13-3 in a little over a minute and by 20 at the end of the first quarter. It was real bad. Not sure if there is a way to handle such a game corectly. To the credit of the Milford fans they actually chanted some cheers for Monadnock and didnt try to embarrass the Monadnock players.
Milford also had a larger fan section than either of the ones I saw at BG last night. A little surprised by that with the type of game it was.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  nhbballfan Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:26 am

i agree that was a slap in the face by coach murray (although unintentional) he should of just started his normal starters let them play for a few minutes then emptied the bench...if it was my choice i then would of done the same thing at the start of the second half just to make sure they come out with some intensity in the 2nd half. Although the outcome of the game was inevitable it could have been handled better in my opinion. With that being said it showed some real sportsmanship on the part of the monadnock players not to become frustrated with the way the game was going.

nhbballfan
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down