New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

When should a Coach be t'd up

5 posters

Go down

When should a Coach be t'd up Empty When should a Coach be t'd up

Post  bigkidsdad Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:56 am

I'm wondering how much yelling and ranting a ref should have to put up with before a technical is called on a head coach as a fan I'm getting tired of hearing them wine about everything till the calls start going their way

bigkidsdad
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

When should a Coach be t'd up Empty Re: When should a Coach be t'd up

Post  Ironman Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:25 pm

Been to a Hilltoppers game?

Ironman
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  bigkidsdad Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:18 pm

No I haven't been to any Hiltoppers games but I have been to Bishop Brady's games and
Coe Brown games and I do understand advocating for your team it just seems to go beyond that to the point of ridiculousness. I think the refs should set a precedence right from the beginning. Tell them to quit whining no one wants to hear it anymore.

bigkidsdad
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  dj5hoop Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:07 pm

Coe Brown coach has been in the business for a looooong time. He is highly respected by most. I have seen Bishop Brady twice and have seen nothing out of the ordinary. He is an excellent up and coming coach.

dj5hoop
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  bigkidsdad Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:51 am

Not saying they can't coach just saying there was a lot more complaining than coaching going on B-Brady's coach was trying to stare our coach down , thought he was going to intimidate date people by doing so.he has such a talented group he should let them play with out screaming the whole game.

bigkidsdad
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastBall Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:43 am

I saw bishop brady play at Portsmouth and he's an intense coach, but I don't feel he's out of line with the refs. I saw him jump up and down like a child and stomp his feet but it was frustration with his players not towards the refs. He's just loud, not out of line in my opinion. He is a great coach.

SeacoastBall
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

When should a Coach be t'd up Empty The perverbial 10 foot pole question

Post  JAF Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:57 am

Simple answer: When he crosses the line and you hear it, especially if it becomes personal.

Complex answer would take far too long to type and would be purely opinion leading us down a dark path that I'm guess the moderators would prefer to avoid... Where is ChiKid when you need him (hahaha)?

Another consideration for you... There are those who say they don't necessarily "hear" their "spouse" after years and years of nagging. If a coach starts nagging 1 minute into the game, I would say it's somewhat human nature to then ignore that coach. You are taught to work with the coach and to try and make it less obvious when you are counselling him/her. Don't confuse passion, frustration, and anger. I recently had a coach complain 2 or 3 times about what I considered a non impeding hand check - after the 3rd such incident and his team scored (again) as I went past him I subtly and quietly asked if he would like me to call that hand check now? He got the message and that was it for the entire game.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  bigkidsdad Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:11 pm

To seacoastball I did saw that type of behavior as well and agree it was frustration with his players.Thanks for your response I haven't been watching varsity basketball very long.I'm sure ill get used to it.
To jaf: I like your explanation and example very well put (chikid would be good to lol).I don't want the moderators coming after me so I definitely appreciate your professional assessment on the situation. Thanks again.

bigkidsdad
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down