New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Jamboree LIVE UPDATES

4 posters

Go down

Jamboree LIVE UPDATES Empty Jamboree LIVE UPDATES

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:55 pm

We'll be posting updates on NHSportsPage.com but feel free to comment, ask questions, etc. I'll answer them here as long as the AHS wireless holds up. It's been spotty but working now so feel free to chime in if you're stuck at home with the kids (or dog or cat or whatever the heck would keep you from this amazing event).

http://nhsportspage.com/news.php?news_id=858508
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Jamboree LIVE UPDATES Empty Re: Jamboree LIVE UPDATES

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:02 pm

I'm not stuck with kids, dog or a cat. I'm just stuck with a long work day and getting home at 7 pm. Bummed can't make it down tonight, but it sounds like the first game was a good one. Salem fouled 24 times in the first half? Wow!! A case of Salem with a clutching and grabbing defense and not moving the defensive feet or has the 3 man crew caught a lot of "off ball" illegal contact by the Blue Devils?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:55 pm

I blame the refs!
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:18 pm

With the last post by Eliot it seems like they are serving libations in the NHSP club suite at Alvirne and he has lost track with the number of sips he's had.

drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken 

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:05 am

From the NH SportsPage on the Salem - Windham game:

"Side Note: There were A LOT of fouls called in this game. Fouls were 24-6 at halftime with Salem hacking away the most. Personal fouls are not counted for these games, but team fouls were."

Personal fouls not counted in these games? One could say, yea that's good because we want to see the players on the court and not sitting on the sidelines. I get that. But, ....... how does a player get ready for a season with knowing the difference with incidental contact and illegal contact when there's no penalty for fouling 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9 times in a game? Believe me I heard from some one that some Salem players went well over the 5 fouls allowed for a game. You just keep banging and fouling all night because it's a Jamboree?

I'm mystified. scratch scratch scratch scratch 

So, in the Pemby - Trinity game tomorrow all those big bodies can just keep hammering away with 7, 9 or 11 fouls/player and they just keep playing and banging and probably getting more physical as the game and emotions get ratcheted.

I'm mystified. scratch scratch scratch scratch 

Well, I guess a few players will get a rude awakening when the first week of real games start and reality hits and their coach takes them out in the first half after their 2nd or 3rd foul affraid affraid affraid affraid 

I heard the night is going along great...... 8, 10 and 12 fouls not withstanding Wink Wink 

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:36 am

Ha, no livations, it was a long evening though. I actually just posted the final score update which I thought I had done from the gym (spotty wifi) but it didn't go though.

We did NOT count personal fouls because these are scrimmages. This is practice for all those involved. Yes it means a kid can play overly aggressive but the referees did a good job controlling the game. It did not get out of hand at all. Nobody abused the fact that they could foul as much as they want.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:37 am

Gendron and Jourdain Bell were far and away the stars of the evening. Bell can do a lot of things but his younger brother might end up being even better than him. Gendron is the best player I've seen in the state in a while. He's really improved his game both inside and out...and the best part of his game tonight? His passing.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:12 am

"We did NOT count personal fouls because these are scrimmages."

Mr. Bless

I find the above statement paradoxical because when you wanted opinions from the Forum members on who would win these "scrimmages", each thread had "game" in the title:

Coaches for a Cause Jamboree - Game #8 - Trinity vs. Pembroke Academy Poll

Coaches for a Cause Jamboree - Game #7 - Manchester Central vs. Conant Poll

Coaches for a Cause Jamboree - Game #6 - Bedford vs. Portsmorth Poll

Etc., etc., etc.

The word "Game" was used 8 times.

scratch scratch scratch 

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Jamboree LIVE UPDATES Empty Relax

Post  Hooper Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:21 am

Players cannot just hack.

Brady Best Guertin because Brady went to the line a ziillion times

Windham should have beaten Salem because of all the f-throws

Not fouling out just leaves the decision up to the coach as to who to play and how to get their team better.

Right On NHSPORTSPAGE!

Hooper
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:06 am

Apparently there's an article on the Jamboree in the Union Leader this morning. Its not online that I can find but I'm told its in the print edition. Once again....NH Sports Page was snubbed despite Doc Wheeler giving us credit no less than 3 times in his interview with the "reporter".

I guess file this in the "we must be a threat" folder. Not bad for 5 people basically working for free.

Anyway...this is like the nth time this has happened in the last 4 months so at this point it is what it is. Good news is we have a full day on tap at the Jamboree. If yesterday's games are any indication of how todays will go we'll have 5 very closely contested game. So far the matchups Dave set up have been stellar.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:28 am

I see that the NHIAA is looking for a new leader with Pat Corbin leaving... Dave - maybe you should apply Idea 

In a few short weeks and actual work, Dave was able to put together 8 matchups that I'm sure lots of folks will be talking about all year. Now imagine all the top teams in one Division regardless of school size and having games like these every night rather than a handful in a season until playoffs. Talk about breathing life back into things. It's "relatively easy" to sit back and say we're doing things "this way" because that's how we've done things for years. As much as I'm sure the Conant's of the world like winning championships in a relatively barren D3, they truly only have to look forward to a few games a year where things will be competitive for them. Not that they win it all every year, but lets face it - they do pretty well....

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:35 am

A NHSportsPage "Invitational" (which is essentially what this is) would be sweet at the end of the year. Would be hard to do with the NHIAA schedule but a small Invitational tournament for the top 2 teams of each Division would be a lot of fun.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down