New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Div I Girls Tournament

+4
Tuesday and Friday
CasualFan
goldenbear
TheDeafPanther07
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Div I Girls Tournament Empty Div I Girls Tournament

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:43 pm

Here is the schedule for the girls Division I tournament from the Telegraph's Sports Facebook Page

Here's the Division I girls basketball pairings.
NHIAA GIRLS BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT
DIVISION I
PRELIMINARY ROUND
WEDNESDAY
(All games at 7 p.m.)
No. 16 Timberlane (5-13) at No. 1 Bishop Guertin (17-1)
No. 9 Merrimack (8-10) at No. 8 Salem (11-7)
No. 13 Nashua South (5-13) at No. 4 Londonderry (14-4)
No. 12 Keene (7-11) at No. 5 Nashua North (14-4)
No. 15 Central (5-13) at No. 2 Bedford (16-2)
No. 10 Exeter (7-11) at No. 7 Alvine (13-5)
No. 14 Memorial (5-13) at No. 3 Pinkerton (16-2)
No. 11 Dover (7-11) at No. 6 Winnacunnet (13-5)
QUARTERFINALS
SATURDAY
(Home of the higher seed, 7 p.m.)
Timberlane-Bishop Guertin winner vs. Merrimack-Salem winner.
Nashua South-Londonderry winner vs. Keene-Nashua North winner.
Central-Bedford winner vs. Exeter-Alvirne winner.
Memorial-Pinkerton winner vs. Dover-Winnacunnet winner.
SEMIFINALS
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 6
Southern New Hampshire University, 5:30 and 7:30/
FINALS
SATURDAY, MARCH 9
Southern New Hampshire University, 7:30.

I might go to the South/Londonderry game on wednesday!

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Div I Girls Tournament Empty Re: Div I Girls Tournament

Post  goldenbear Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:04 pm

NHIAA as Memorial beating Pinkerton

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Londonderry blew out Nashua South 64-35

Salem defeated Merrimack 71-49

BG Girls beat Timberlane 85-26

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  CasualFan Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:16 am

Tweets from the different sports programs has Memorial over Pinkerton in overtime 40-39.
Bedford over Central as well pretty easily.

CasualFan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:18 am

I found the 40 - 39 upset by Memorial over Pinkerton as shocking. When I received the result last night I thought it was a mistake. I checked NHIAA and they had it as a Memorial win. I know a couple of times this season there have been wrong scores on that site and I really thought this was another instance.

These 2 teams had just played at Pinkerton 8 days ago with the Astros winning 64 to 40. Couple this with the fact Memorial didn't have one of their top players, Danielle Fletcher who had torn her ACL in the South game on Feb. 15th and this playoff upset by #14 over #3 makes absolutely no sense. I talked to a D1 Girl's bball expert 2 days ago who told me there would be NO UPSETS in the prelims. He also said none of the prelims would be close in winning margin.

Here's your winners in the prelims and the amount they won by:

Salem 23
Bedford 23
Alvirne 25
Lond 29
Winny 40
BG 59

The Keene at North game was postponed to tonight. So, once again looking at all the upper seeds and seeing the least that any of them won by was 23 points..... Seeing that Pinkerton defeated Memorial 8 days ago by 24 points...... Seeing that Memorial was without one of their top players due to injury..... I say once again Memorial defeating Pinkerton in the prelim playoff game 40 to 39 in OT makes NO SENSE.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:25 am

Here's the UL account of the biggest upset in D1 girl's this season on this side of the Dec. 18th Dover 47 to 42 victory over BG.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20130228/SPORTS21/130229127

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:46 am

Spaulding (who finished 4-14, out of the playoffs this year) nearly upset Pinkerton this year, back on 1/8 at Pinky. . Pinkerton won by a score of....

.... 40-39.

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:06 am

The Memorial upset of Pinkerton gives Winnacunnet another home playoff game and a shot at making it back to the final four. Trailing Dover 13-10 midway through the second quarter, Winnacunnet dialed up the defensive pressure and outscored the Green Wave 51-8 over the rest of the game. For the Crusaders to pull off another upset, they will need to find a way to break the Warriors' press.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:25 am

The other fascinating fact about Memorial's upset is they scored 2 points in the 1st quarter and 4 points in the 3rd quarter. Memorial overcame scoring just 6 points in 16 minutes and beat the #3 seed at their place.

Seacoastdad: 6 days ago Winny beat Memorial by 30 ..... 62 to 32. If Memorial wins at Winny this Saturday then maybe my shock quotient might equal or surpass the Pinkerton shocker. The one thing Memorial has going for them is they have a strong backcourt with Allie Hartford and Amelia Imamovic. I saw Winny play at Pinkerton back in December and it seemed Winny's strength was with their frontcourt and not in their backcourt.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:46 pm

All the upper seeds advanced in the Quarterfinals tonight.

Memorial went down with a fight in losing by 10 to Winny. I heard it was a very tight game.

BG won by a lot over Salem.

Londonderry beat north 73 to 55. londonderry is peaking at the right time. it should be a good one between the Lancers and BG at 7:30 pm on Wednesday at SNHU.

Bedford beat Alvirne 51 to 35 in a game a lot closer than the final 16 point margin. Alvirne played very well tonight and gave Bedford all they could handle. Bedford, the new basketball lady on the D1 block will play Winny at 5:30 pm on Wednesday at SNHU. I'll have a write up on this game on the NH Notebook.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Div I Girls Tournament Empty D1 Girl's Tournament

Post  NHRamFan Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:50 pm

Bedford has the easier route to the championship game. They defeated Winnacunnet back in January by 15, and is a more balanced, deeper team than the Warriors. The 7:30 game on Wednesday night will be a classic. It is not only a rematch of last year's final; Londonderry will also be looking to avenge the thrashing BG dealt them in January (78-32). Both teams have been operating on all cylinders as of late - Simpson and Sherburne have been quarterbacking their teams well while scoring their own share of points. If Hayner is as hot Wednesday night as she has been over the last ten games or so, Londonderry is in for a looong 32 minutes. The real question will be, what will the winner have left in the tank for Saturday night against the Lady Bulldogs?

NHRamFan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:08 pm

According to the NHIAA web site, the D-1 girls semifinal games have been moved from Wednesday to Thursday, still at SNHU.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:58 pm

Yes, because SNHU's mens team won their playoff game so they are hosting a playoff game on Wednesday. This bumped the girls D1 semis.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:58 pm

Not only did the Penmen win as a 6th seed but the 2 seed lost to the tenth seed.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:10 am

Semi Finals tonight (Weather depending).

5:30 pm Bedford v Winny - Bedford will present backcourt problems for Winny. If Bedford gets an uptempo and forces the Winny guards into pressure filled mistakes I see Bedford winning this game by 10 to 15 points. It will be interesting to see how the new girls on the D1 block react to the big court at SNHU for a playoff game. If you see a tall girl for Bedford running the court like Usain Bolt and scoring her name is Mckenzie Brown and she wears #44.

7;30 pm BG v Londonderry - BG put a whoopin on Lond during the regular season. The whole key to this game will be the 3rd leading scorer for the Lady Lancers. Aliza Simpson will be their leading scorer. Casey Evans will be their 2nd leading scorer. Who is their 3rd scorer and how mush she has will dictate the evening for Londonderry. If their 3rd leading scorer is in double figures then the Lancers have a chance. If not, then BG just has too many girls that can ripple the nets for Londonderry to keep up.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  The Edge Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:28 pm

From NHIAA website:

Updated 3/7/13 11:20 a.m.
The times for the Girls Basketball DI Semi-final games at SNHU Thursday, March 7th have been changed.

Bedford vs Winnacunnet will play at 4:30 p.m.
Bishop Guertin vs Londonderry will play at 6:30 p.m.

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:40 pm

Thanks for posting, Edge. This is very important information and will either change people's plans for tonight or unfortunately may make a few fans miss a percentage of basketball in tonight's doubleheader at SNHU.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Div I Girls Tournament Empty Girls - D1 Semis - Time Change

Post  NHRamFan Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:58 pm

Didn't see that times had already been posted. Good luck to all four teams tonight!!!

NHRamFan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:02 pm

yeah that's too bad New Hampshire Rams fan.
there will probably be a sparse crowd for the first game which is too bad for the players

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:02 pm

Bedford beat Winnacunnet 62-34

BG beat Londonderry 45-33

My buddy Gary Fitz covered both games for the Nashua Telegraph

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:05 pm

TheDeafPanther07 wrote:Bedford beat Winnacunnet 62-34

BG beat Londonderry 45-33

My buddy Gary Fitz covered both games for the Nashua Telegraph
I remember Gary from when he was a young pup covering sports for the Keene Sentinel in the '70s!

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Div I Girls Tournament Empty Div 1 Girls Tournament

Post  NHRamFan Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:27 pm

Saturday's matchup will be a good one...Bedford and BG were expected to meet in the finals early on; and here they are. Bedford's win over Winny was a convincing one, though this year's Warrior squad is a mere shadow of the Winnacunnet teams that have dominated the final four for so long. Rachel Collins was deadly tonight...but the real story is the diminutive freshman Bree Purcell. The smallest player in the house, she scored huge baskets and pulled down 7 rebounds...
The BG/Londonderry game saw two high scoring teams that couldn't find the rim all night...so it was a matter of who would play better D, dominate the boards and ultimately, break out when it was needed. Meghan Green was immense. Unnoficially had her at 23 points and 23 rebounds. For awhile it seemed as if it was her mission to get them all if she could. Sherburne has an uncharacteristic night with quite a few turnovers, but maintained the momentum and calmed her team when it mattered most. Driving to the hoop repeatedly in the fourth quarter, she went 7 for 8 from the line to stretch the lead. On a night when BG's outside shooters were stone cold, Sherburne and Green wouldn't let their team go home on the bad end of the score.
The game was close throughout, but when Londonderry's Simpson fouled out you could feel the air coming out of the Lancer's sails. BG finished it off with three nice breakaway buckets by Green, the nicest being a 1/2 court plus pass from Hayner to a streaking Gibbs who tip passed the ball over a Londonderry defender to Green for the layup.
Saturday's game will be the rubber match between Bedford and BG. BG won the league contest at Bedford; Bedford then defeated BG handily in the final of the Nashua Holiday tournament. There will also be a fun subplot to the game. BG's three senior starters (Gibbs; Green; Hayner) all come from Bedford. These three young women have been playing together since third grade...it seems appropriate that they finish their HS careers playing together in the championship game against their home town team.

NHRamFan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:51 am

Check out T & F's article on NHN about Bedford's win last night:

http://www.nhnotebook.com/2013/03/bedford-defeats-winnacunnet-62-34-moves.html

I still can't believe the Winnacunnet bus, of all D1 girls basketball buses, got lost coming to SNHU last night. At the start of the doubleheader that was the main story line along with the moving of the games up by 1 hour. There was a sparse crowd for the 1st game, which was really too bad. I think NHIAA/SNHU made the right call on this time change. On my way home last night the roads were very slippery and there was a car half way up a tree that closed a road by my house. Thank God Foxy Lady gave me a heads up. The roads would've been even worse if the games went off at their regularly scheduled time.

Speaking of heads up.... NH Ram Fan had his head down as he was leaving SNHU. I mean it;s no problem. He walks through the gauntlet of the main intersection at SNHU checking out, what I presume is The Forum, NHIAA, NHN, NHSP etc. etc, while cars are slipping and sliding along with various fans leaving the game. Thank God T & F was driving carefully and was focused and avoided hitting Ram Fan or else we would have 1 less BG fan in attendance for the big one on Saturday night.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Div I Girls Tournament Empty Unified Basketball Championship also at SNHU on Saturday

Post  SeacoastDad Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:30 pm

For those that may be going to the D-1 girls championship at SNHU on Saturday, I see that the Unified Basketball championship game (Spaulding vs. Nashua South) is at 5:30pm also on Saturday at SNHU. Show up early to support these wonderful student-athletes!

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Div I Girls Tournament Empty D1 Girls Basketball

Post  NHRamFan Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:50 pm

T and F - Guilty as charged!
Embarassed

NHRamFan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down