New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Jan. 27th Games

+2
GNG
Tuesday and Friday
6 posters

Go down

Jan. 27th Games Empty Jan. 27th Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:48 am

Girls:

Pinkerton at Memorial: Interesting matchup of 2 teams at the top of the D1 standings. Pinkerton has had a nice start so far at 8 - 1, but their resume isn't exactly filled with wins over strong teams. If Pinkerton could beat Memorial it would build their resume. Memorial must avoid the emotional fall out with the hard fought loss to BG on Tuesday. The Crusaders must be ready to play this game. A lax effort will equal a loss for Memorial.

Boys:

Spaulding at Dover: A good rivalry game on tap in this one. This would be a good road victory for Spaulding, which is a team that does not play well on the road. If Dover wins this game it would be their most impressive victory so far this season.

Salem at Merrimack: This will be the most difficult game for Salem so far this season. Salem has displayed good defense so far in giving up 48 points/game. The Blue Devils will need a great defensive effort to come away with a victory in this one. Merrimack can solidify their top spot just a bit with a victory. If Salem can keep this game around 50 points they have a shot.

Memorial at Pinkerton: This is a pick em game. I think we found out Pinkerton's record was a little inflated with their loss to Spaulding. Memorial on the other hand is a team where you don't know what you're going to get on a nightly basis. One would think the seasoned stabilazation of the Pinkerton back court, with Light and Colbert, will be the difference in this game and help the Astros come away with the victory.

BG at Trinity: I promise not to use the word DRAMA in this game description. When you see this matchup you can't help but think it will be a theatrical production at the McHugh Gym. You have the religious aspect. You have a former player coming back to his old team. Trinity is banged up a little bit which is depleting their depth. You keep waiting for Trinity to play the ball they are capable of. BG must be near the top of the division with regards to turnovers. There are a lot of factors at play that will make for high DRA..... Darn I can't use that word. OK, the matchups in this game will prove very DRA....IC...... Boy is it tough. Think of the 2 coaches boxes and the 2 coaches and one thinks of a melo........tic grand opera. I honestly don't know what to expect in this game. Both teams need this victory. Which Trinity team will show up? Which BG team will show up?

All I know is the night will be filled with:

A classical drama of melodrama which could turn into a theater of the absurd.

I feel much better now that I got all that drama out of my system.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Jan. 27th Games Empty Re: Jan. 27th Games

Post  GNG Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:35 am

I just pray it's not a comedy of errors.

I remember last season when these 2 teams met for the first time, I was concerned because Joe McCarthy wouldn't be able to come off the bench { because he was still injured}.
I thought their bigs would dominate. Those BIGS are back.

I didn't think Trinity would lose a game this season. Not with all that height. I was wrong {again} Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:39 am

The only thing that could make me think of a winner in the BG at Trinity game with clear lucidity would be the renowned:

Tully Percentage Pick

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:02 am

I just got word that Dimitri Floras is out for quite awhile with a wrist injury sustained against Concord.

My guy at the game said a Concord player undercut him on a layup.

I remember vividly last season's playoff game with Concord. There were several undercuts on layups in that game by the Concord players. I thought there was going to be a fight. I hope that type of play isn't being condoned by the Concord coach.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:50 pm

Jovi Philbrick was suppose to return for Milford tonight assuming he met some agreed upon things by the semesters end. Today the semester ended he had met his end of the agreement. He had the understanding that if he did this, that he'd be allowed to join/re-join the team. The Schoolboard (principal and others) decided tonight that it'd be morally wrong to let him come back and play tonight and possibly a few more games this season if not the rest of the season.

To me if anything is "morally wrong" it is to lead the kid to believe that he'd be able to play and than once he's put in the work to play to pull the plug/delay it. The schoolboard should've either said at the beginning of the season that either you can play once you're eligible or that you can't play no matter what. It's to bad because I know Philbrick couldn't wait to get back on the court and try and help turn around what has been a "slow" start to the Milford season.

Last edited by Tulliver on Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:24 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : It was the school board etc that decided Jovi playing would be "morally wrong" not AD Marc Maurais, had two different sources telling me two things, I cleared it up with one of the Assistant coaches of Milford.)

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:23 pm

Seems like I am always agreeing with you bigman

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:24 pm

Trinity 19 BG 10 after one.

Trinity 44 BG 20 HALF

I had to call FNL to tell them Dimitri is out. They didn't know.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:56 pm

merri32 salem 28 half

north 30 south 27 2nd quarter

merr 42 salem 31 3rd

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:05 pm

end of 3rd spauld35 dover 33
end 3rd trinity 51 bg 36

end of 3rd merri 47 dover 40

end of 3 north 49 south 40

trinity 65 bg 39 mid 4th

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:23 pm

final spaulding 46 dover 45.

final trinity 74 bg 43. Central won by 25

final merrimack 62 salem 52
final winnie 54 lond 25 Embarassed

FINAL NORTH WINS BY 2

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:47 pm

Despite the issues and being down 7 points with 2 mins left Milford got a big win tonight on a buzzer beater by big man Logan Barlow.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:07 pm

There's a lot more behind that Milford issue, once I get the OK to talk about it I will.

Back to top Go down

Post  abball Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:17 pm

Alvirne continues on the winning path beating keene team by 18 65-47

Last edited by Tulliver on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Please be respectful. Please refer to board guidelines or PM a Mod for clarification if that doesn't make clear things up.)

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  abball Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:18 pm

Also Pelham beats Portsmouth by 3. Wasnt at the game but it looks like a good one. 2 loses in a row for Portsmouth. any concern?

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:29 pm

I wonder if this counts as a good loss. Embarassed

Not looking to pounce or be negative.

It is what it is.

Last edited by GNG on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:30 pm

If you learn something and become a better team - it's a good loss.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:54 pm

I was at the North/South game tonight - the atmosphere was electric... It was a PACKED North gym... During introductions and for the first few minutes the North student body and cheerleaders were silent. It was kind of eerie, but you knew they had something going... Then North scores their 10th/11th point and all of a sudden the student body goes CRAZY - the decibel level went from 3.0 to 10.0 in a heartbeat and pretty much stayed at 8.0 all the way through the game. North was in front and in control the whole game. Throughout it was pretty much a 3-6 point North lead. The 9 point lead after 3 was only because of a last second 3 pointer, but South quickly gets it back to 5.

The last 7.0 seconds were edge of your seat stuff... North up 3, South scores and calls for a timeout... 58-57 North... 5.6 on the clock, but it's changed to 7.0... North inbounds and is immediately fouled. 4.2 seconds left. North makes first of two, misses second and South calls timeout. South inbounds ball to player about equal with North bench he turns upcourt and takes 4-5 dribbles and out of nowhere North backtips the ball and steals it to seal the victory.

Exciting stuff!

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:08 am

North South game was very good game,

North again almost let things get away by a few turnovers late,

up 6 North fouled a 3 point shut by Tarvez but he only made one

then down 3 with 30 seconds left Muciloi miss the front end of the one and one

South had a shot down two by Michel Dunham got the ball stolen from behind by Williams to seal the win.

Gauthier hit two quarter ending threes for 6 huge points

North is starting to get things together

South loses their third close game now and looks like they will be the middle of the road team.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down