New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

A couple of questions on New Year's Eve

3 posters

Go down

A couple of questions on New Year's Eve Empty A couple of questions on New Year's Eve

Post  GNG Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:24 pm

Who the heck is Atticus Finch, and why does he want to kill a bird? Is it because the bird is mocking him? Shocked

My new years resolution is to be 100 % correct on my predictions for hs games. This 92.975 is not good enough for the forum members. They expect better from me, and I will give it to them. Very Happy

Remember my poy candidate is Joe McCarthy. He wasn't on alot of the NH hs blogs radar{most have him 2nd team at best}, but he was on mine. Basketball Jeff Lunn is my breakout poy. The kid from West might spoil that one. I am sticking with Lunn.

Teams I am selling. Dover, Exeter, and Winnie. Not much happening on the seacoast in Division One. Sad

Sorry Tully, but I am selling Memorial. Great coaching can only get you so many wins. North is my new darkhorse.

Teams I am buying. North, South, and Alvirne.

The 3 Nashua teams, Merrimack, and Alvirne all will make the playoffs. Throw in the 4 teams in the QUEEN city and you have 9 teams that are definitely qualifying.

Seven spots left. Pinkerton, Spaulding, and Salem get in.

Four spots remain and I am clueless right now who those bottom 4 will be. There is huge divide between the haves/have nots in d1 this season. I thought there would be alot more good teams. I thought wrong. Sad

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

A couple of questions on New Year's Eve Empty One other thing

Post  GNG Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:31 pm

I predict that there will be at least 8 division one teams whose final record will be 8-8 or 7-9. So let it be written, so let it be done. farao

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

A couple of questions on New Year's Eve Empty Re: A couple of questions on New Year's Eve

Post  Tulliver Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:32 pm

You buying West? They had a nice run at the QCIBT.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

A couple of questions on New Year's Eve Empty Re: A couple of questions on New Year's Eve

Post  GNG Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:41 pm

I got them in the tourney. I am conflicted with them right now. You see I have a friend who last year picked them VERY, VERY HIGH. He had them going to Durham, and he got MOCKED all winter for that selection. I won't tell you his name, but his initials are T@F. santa

Some teams peak in December, others like Trinity, Central, and BG tend to play their best ball a little later in the season.

To answer your question Tully, yes I am buying a few shares of West, just a few. Maybe a few more if they beat ALvirne this upcoming week. That has become an early seaon BIG game for both teams.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:52 pm

Tully just looked at Central and West's next 3 games. West plays Alvirne, Central, and BG. They could lose all 3 and be 1-4.

Central plays Exeter, West, and Trinity. Exeter is a W, But the other 2 games could be losses. When was the last time Central started 1-4?

BUCKLE UP HOOPS FANS, GONNA GET CRAZY AROUND HERE.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:17 pm

I'm not ready to start trading my stocks - I'm much more loyal than one might think... I won't mention any names but his initials are T&F

If I were to trade - I might pick up a few West shares in exchange for a few Central shares.
In part because I found West a really fun team and I think they have much more stability than West has had previously.

Central and North are actually in the same type of hoops boat on my Battleship board. I'd like to see in a few weeks. Some things seem to be playing out that raise questions for me.

Trinity and BG are both solid and yet beatable teams. They're where I expected them to be.

Alvirne is always a potential spoiler and I noted last year - the coach impressed me GREATLY - during their regular season game against Central last year. I think that program is going to be in the mix regularly.

I'll buy your Memorial shares. Their schedule starts later than the other teams and they had some injuries that should soon right themselves.

South is an intersteing animal. I think they have some great talent - especially like Muccioli (who has amazing parents btw) but South always intrigues me later in the season. I haven't seen them this year but am always concerned about their versatility.

Merrimack is definitely strong and yet still beatable.

Great year of parity - for the most part - with some exciting young/new teams that could make some noise and cause some upsets.

Gonna be a GREAT season, forumites!

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:30 am

Tully, Cramer [ not to be confused with Cosmo Kramer, although I loved that character as well} from Mad Money is always telling me to diversify my portfolio. This is how my division 1 hoops portfolio looks like as of Jan 1st, 2012.

BG 37.5%. They are a reliable stock which has paid handsome dividends in the past. I look for continued growth this season. I compare them to Apple, the people who own the stock are fanatics about it.

TRINITY. 35.5 %. Screw Cramer. What does he know, he's a phillie fan. This is more of a fund then a stock. Berkshire Hathaway, Warren Buffets little toy. Sure it costs a ton of money to buy one share, but he always makes money. Just as it seems Trinity is always in the finals.

CENTRAL. 12%. I got them at a good price. Seems quite alot of people are dumping the little green for an upstart company called WEST. I love getting a company on the cheap. Their CEO is a proven leader who has the basic fundamentals to turn this franchise around. Bank of America comes to mind. Five to six bucks a share with potential to hit 15 in one season. TOO big to fail.

NORTH. 10%. Another bargain basement stock with BIG upside. Talent has always been in this company, just needed to find the right leader. Jack Welch when he went to GE and the stock took off. This coach lets his players know whose running the show. Could reap HUGE dividends this spring.

SOUTH. 4% Muccioli might be the most unheralded player in the state. Kid gets nowhere near the props he deserves.Nor does his coach. Worth throwing a few bucks at. Idera Pharmaceuticals going for under 2 bucks based out of Mass. Lot of biotech stuff in their pipeline. BIG UPSIDE, just like this team.

SPAULDING 1%. I don't believe they are as good as I earlier thought. Solid company with a deep bench. DICK'S SPORTING GOODS comes to mind.

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:36 am

My first posting of the year and confusion reigns.

GNG and Tully, what in the name of NHIAA, is a TOTAL high school basketball thread doing in the bleachers? Were you two drinking from the same TALL glass drunken at a New Year's Eve celebration last night?

GNG, it's hard enough getting up to speed with your new observations in the D1 basketball world without the constant references to what stocks I should also be looking at for 2012 Rolling Eyes

"I'm not ready to start trading my stocks - I'm much more loyal than one might think... I won't mention any names but his initials are T&F" ........ Tulliver

To the above quote by Tulliver I answer back to Tulliver with: Are you having strawberries or blueberries with your.....

.......WAFFLES this morning for your New Year's breakfast. I know you're having pure maple syrup with your WAFFLING.

After my NYE excursion last night and reading you two this morning without my first cup of coffee I feel like:

bounce drunken scratch affraid Question Arrow Shocked Laughing cyclops bounce affraid Basketball lol!

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down