New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

2011 Chick-fil-A Holiday Basketball Tournament

+3
goldenbear
Tulliver
Nashuaholidaybball
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are you planning on coming out to the Chick-fil-A tournament?

2011 Chick-fil-A Holiday Basketball Tournament Vote_lcap80%2011 Chick-fil-A Holiday Basketball Tournament Vote_rcap 80% 
[ 4 ]
2011 Chick-fil-A Holiday Basketball Tournament Vote_lcap20%2011 Chick-fil-A Holiday Basketball Tournament Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

2011 Chick-fil-A Holiday Basketball Tournament Empty 2011 Chick-fil-A Holiday Basketball Tournament

Post  Nashuaholidaybball Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:27 pm

This year's tournament will be at Nashua South. Here is the link to the tournament website for further info:

Google search on Nashua Holiday Basketball to see the website. The site won't let me post the link because I have to be a member for 7 days. If somebody else can post the link, I would appreciate it.

Should be a fun and entertaining tournament, with some great schoolboy basketball ...

Come on out!

Last edited by Nashuaholidaybball on Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:06 am; edited 2 times in total

Nashuaholidaybball
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

2011 Chick-fil-A Holiday Basketball Tournament Empty Re: 2011 Chick-fil-A Holiday Basketball Tournament

Post  Tulliver Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:46 pm

https://sites.google.com/site/nashuaholidaybasketball/

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

2011 Chick-fil-A Holiday Basketball Tournament Empty Re: 2011 Chick-fil-A Holiday Basketball Tournament

Post  Nashuaholidaybball Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:57 pm

Thanks!

Nashuaholidaybball
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:04 pm

No problem - if you need anything else posted before the 7 days, just PM me and I'll do it!

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:42 pm

Milfords down 38-26 at half.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:59 pm

Alvirnes up 52-34 at the end of 3.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:16 pm

Alvirne over milford 67-45

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:21 pm

Thorton Beat Campbell yesterday, forgot to post that, I did think Campbell was the better team, they were on the short end of a few questionable calls, but it was a good game overall close for the whole game thought Campbell could've/should've extended there lead a few times but were never able too, they should be a tough out come tourney time. The Milford Alvirne game wasn't much. Milford let Tony B. penetrate at will and he just dished it off to the open guy everytime and they got easy buckets left and right. When Milford did force a long jumper they'd give up an easy rebound and Alvirne would put it back in. Press was easily broken a bunch and Milford couldn't get much going on offense, especially when Richie Moore rolled his ankle. He came back in but it was clearly bothering him. Thought it was a very poor decision to play him, it's only an X-mas tourney and Milford won't have Jovi Philbrick back til late Jan, so if he hurt that any further it'd been bad. Milford needs to go into the post more. Logan Barlow has great moves down there and can play a finesse game if he's playing larger guy but it strong enough to play strong with people his size or smaller.

In the other games which I didn't stay for, North beat Souhegan by 10 but I heard it was a pretty good game and went back and forth for most of the game. South handled H/B.

Couldn't make it down to the Milford game today and haven't heard what happened yet but saw that Souhegan throttled Milford. I'll have more on that later.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:15 pm

Bigman

NH HS Sports tweeted that McGrath was ejected for throwing a punch at a Milford player, tonight.

Was the whole game "contentious"?

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:58 pm

Yupp just heard about the game. I was told Ben Smith boxed him out and threw two punches which hit Smith in the back. Richie Moore didn't play which without Jovi and him the ball-handling/PG duties were likely done by Ross Briggs who is a soph and Lakin who is more of an off the ball guy who can handle but certainly isn't a PG. Hopefully Moore's ankle isn't to bad as they have Souhegan coming up on tuesday in a game that matters. I also heard that Milford was playing all 14 kids (brought up JV's) where as Souhegan was rotating it more like a Reg Season game.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:04 pm

Wow and they play again January 3rd..... so McGrath will still be suspended and emotions won't have been soothed.

Ref whistles should get quite a workout that night!

Thanks, Bigman

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:11 pm

Does a Xmas Tourney have anything to do with the NHIAA? The reason I ask is because is if it's not then wouldn't the suspension have to come from the school administration. I fully expect that the Souhegan Admin. would suspend him if that was the case.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:25 pm

I am almost certain that NHIAA has say here because it is an NHIAA sanctioned tournament.

So, his ejection will carry 2 game suspension for any remaining tournament games and post season to total 2 games.

I am sure T&F can clarify later - but I would bet money that it works this way.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:40 pm

Also in the play that the punch was thrown, I was told Ben Smith held his boxout a little long, but if you know Ben Smith at all you'd know there was no malicious intent behind it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:54 pm

It's only a one game suspension but will exist because this is an approved contest.

I just read the NHIAA sportsmanship link

http://www.nhiaa.org/PDFs/1136/sportsmanshipbrochure.pdf

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:02 pm

Thanks for the clarification, in the other games HB beat Campbell 56-45 shocked me to be honest. And North beat Alvirne 62-54. Which Means Campbell and Milford will play in the 7/8th game, H/B will play Souhegan in the 5/6th place game, Alvirne will play the loser of Thorton vs South in the 3/4th place game and the Championship game will be played between North and the winner of Thorton South.

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:59 pm

South beat Thornton up by 20 most of the 4th quarter, Tim Preston is playing at a different level,

North verse South tomorrow

MccRae also played well for South and will continue to get better ( as not played in two years)

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:35 am

"I am almost certain that NHIAA has say here because it is an NHIAA sanctioned tournament.

So, his ejection will carry 2 game suspension for any remaining tournament games and post season to total 2 games.

I am sure T&F can clarify later - but I would bet money that it works this way"

Tulliver

That is correct, Tully. It is a NHIAA sanctioned contest so McGrath will be suspended for the consolation game tomorrow and his next regular season game.

The North - South championship matchup should be a great one !!!

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:39 am

Nope only one game for player according to sportsmanship brochure

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:45 am

Then I received erroneous information. Thanks Tulliver.

It doesn't make sense a coach can receive a 2 game suspension for receiving 2 technicals, but a player receives a 1 game suspension for throwing a punch.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:00 am

I could be wrong - look at the link a few posts back to the nhiaa brochure.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:04 am

I'll check it out. I'm busy putting all my thoughts together on this wild and exciting night of basketball in the Queen City.

After going from Central to Memorial to catch some great action the last 2 nights, I'm going to miss all this holiday basketball when it's done. Too bad I can't see both the North - South final along with Memorial - BayView Academy final....Darn.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:09 am

I am ready for regular season matchups!

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:15 am

Have patience Tully. We have to get through the Central and North Holiday Tournament finals tomorrow evening. Both games should be down to the wire barn burners.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:37 pm

Campbell over Milford 51-42. I'll be curious to see how they bounce back after losing three straight, considering a few of them were at least there for one of the championship runs. Everyone around that program isn't used to the Varsity team losing so I'll be interested to see how things play out.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next