New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

December 20th Games

+4
webman38
JAF
clippafan23
Tuesday and Friday
8 posters

Go down

December 20th Games Empty December 20th Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:31 pm

Boys:

Central at Alvrine. This should be a good one for both teams who are looking for their first win of the season.

South at Salem. Good matchup of South's speed vs Salem's rugged strength.

North at Trinity. North can lay claim to being a team to watch if they play well and lose or sneak out with a victory.

Girls:

Alvrine at Central. 2 teams looking for their first win of the season. 2 teams that will probably be close to each other in seedings at the end of the season.

Trinity at North. Trinity is coming off a big victory over Dover. North is trying to be a upper echelon team this season.

BG at Londonderry. Huge early season game between 2 of the top 4 teams in D1. Both teams are deep and play at a high pace. This game should be extremely entertaining for those who can attend.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

December 20th Games Empty Re: December 20th Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:36 pm

Tully: What's the mood in the Coach Wenners' camp for the Alvrine game? I'm presuming it's upbeat the Little Green Ladies can come up with their first victory over the Lady Broncos, correct?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:50 pm

Halftime Trinity 38 North 26. Gauthier had a hot start with 4 threes. I hear BG girls are winning big at halfover Lond.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:53 pm

Milford was down 23-17 vs HB. Now up at the end of the third 42-39

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:27 pm

Milford won 59-54. Richie Moore finished with 21 (all second half points early foul trouble didn't play at all in the 2nd quarter) Logan Barlow finished with 14 Lakin had 10 or 12. Free throws continue to be a problem for this team.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:59 pm

Final Trinity 81 North 48. Balanced scoring depth for Trinity was the difference. Gabriel 17 Lauderdale 16 Hamel 12 Carmen G. and Hamel with 11 each.

Alvrine beat Central by 4.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:12 am

North - 15 11 7 15 - 48
Trinity - 20 18 21 22 - 81

Trinity - Gabriel 17 Lauderdale 16 Hamel 12 Giampetruzzi 11 Keefe 11 Aluko 4 Viscarello 4 Sistare 3 Davio? 2 Theroux 1

North - Gauthier 17 Farmer 10, Williams 8, Wilson 5 Cordova 5 O'Connor 2

3 pointers:
Trinity - Hamel 4 Gabriel, Giampetruzzi and Keefe 1 each

North - Gauthier 4, Farmer 2, Wilson and Cordova 1 each

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:23 am

Concord beat Spaulding 65 - 62. Can you spell B-I-G-U-P-S-E-T

I heard Keene beat Memorial.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:07 am

Check out the NH Notebook. Jeremy has a very nice recap of the big BG victory over Londonderry.

Jeremy allowed yours truly to give a recap of the convincing Trinity win over North in boy's basketball.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:23 am

- Sean Dunn had 20 points to lead Alvrine to a 61 - 57 victory over Central.

- Ashley Giampetruzzi could do some in home bragging last night. She had 20 points in Central's 52 - 36 victory over Alvrine. She outscored her brother 20 to 14. Central moves to 2 - 2 on the season. I think Coach Wenners will have a nice holiday knowing the Little Green Ladies are sitting at .500.

- South had an impressive 53 - 35 road victory over Salem. Potential all stater Anthony Muccioli lead all scorers with 27.

- BG's Jeff Lunn continues to impress. He was high scorer with 15 points to lead BG to a 72 - 42 victory over Londonderry. 30 point victory for the Cardinals? I'm hoping no one did anything STOOOPID in this game.

- Dimitri Floras and Tyler Gendron each had 15 in Merrimack in their 63 - 49 win over West. Aaron Martin scored 18 for West.

- Most interesting comment of the night: John Fagula of Londonderry commenting on NH Notebook after the Lancers' 23 point loss to BG...."The officials let them get away with a lot of hand-checking" said Londonderry head coach John Fagula. "The game might have turned out differently with a different officiating crew."

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

December 20th Games Empty Imagine that

Post  clippafan23 Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:38 am

Imagine that a Hall of Fame style coach stating that the referees may have had a influence on a game and even changed the outcome. I thought we were beyond this bashing of the refs with the graduation of Milford last year. I guess not!

clippafan23
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:50 am

Considering Fagula had the biggest flopper I've seen in a long time playing for him last year and didn't seem to mind that the officials let her get away with it - well I'd say perhaps it's a bit of justice. I wonder if the NHIAA or LHS will "come down on" Fagula for his comments in the press about officials.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  webman38 Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:58 am

Tuesday and Friday wrote:Concord beat Spaulding 65 - 62. Can you spell B-I-G-U-P-S-E-T

I heard Keene beat Memorial.

Not that anyone would care about DIII scores, I think that this may be even a bigger UPSET
Newfound Boys beats Mascoma @ Mascoma 46-37

webman38
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

December 20th Games Empty Public Criticism of Officials

Post  SeacoastDad Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:01 pm

JAF wrote:
Considering Fagula had the biggest flopper I've seen in a long time playing for him last year and didn't seem to mind that the officials let her get away with it - well I'd say perhaps it's a bit of justice. I wonder if the NHIAA or LHS will "come down on" Fagula for his comments in the press about officials.

The Portsmouth High soccer coach was given a one game suspension a couple of years ago for criticizing the officials in the local newspaper. Not sure if the suspension was from the NHIAA or the PHS AD. Would something similar be in order?

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

December 20th Games Empty no excuses

Post  NHhoops Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:50 pm

I was at the game last night, and it is extremely lame for Fagula to be using the referees as an excuse for the outcome of the game. BG thoroughly dominated Londonderry from start to finish. In fact, if Meghan Green wasn't sitting on the bench for about 50% of the first half with foul trouble, the scoring gap would have been even greater. Londonderry put a "box and one" on her, she only played about half the game, and she still ended up with 22 points and 11 rebounds. I'm not sure what Fagula is referring to as "hand checking", but I thought the BG girls were just playing tough, full court defense. When you combine the tenacious full court defense of guards Shelburne, Kerutis, and Piercy, with the frontcourt play of Green and Hayner, BG looks like a pretty solid team. Aliza Simpson looked good, as usual, but I'm not sure she has the supporting cast.

NHhoops
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

December 20th Games Empty Keene - Memorial

Post  SeacoastDad Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:10 pm

The only score not listed (as of this moment) on the NHIAA website is the Keene-Memorial game. Here's a blurb from the Keene Sentinel:

Taylor Sarette scored 25 points and grabbed 18 rebounds to help the Keene High boys’ basketball team post its first win of the season Tuesday, a 62-56 victory over Manchester Memorial at Purbeck Gym. The Blackbirds (1-1) also got 21 points and nine rebounds from Jared Holmes.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:40 pm

SeacoastDad wrote:The only score not listed (as of this moment) on the NHIAA website is the Keene-Memorial game. Here's a blurb from the Keene Sentinel:

Taylor Sarette scored 25 points and grabbed 18 rebounds to help the Keene High boys’ basketball team post its first win of the season Tuesday, a 62-56 victory over Manchester Memorial at Purbeck Gym. The Blackbirds (1-1) also got 21 points and nine rebounds from Jared Holmes.

Keene played Spaulding VERY tough last Friday, leading most of the way- wouldn't be surprised to see them make a little noise this year.

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:27 am

I too was at the Trinity game and man are they big and they have some very good shooters, Hammell hit some big shots.

Though in the first half Trinty was allowed to play defense with 6 guys on the court, Keefe was guarding the right wing the whole time.

The fact that the NHIAA refs do not have the guts to T him up for leaving the box is a joke.

I would pull a Jason Kidd and run into him every chance I got

and if a kid ever did run into him the Nhiaa would be liable it is a huge player safety corcern

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:46 pm

Went down to Pelham thinking I was going to see a solid game tonight with Pelham and Bedford going at it, YIKES Pelham took it to them in every part of the game winning 64-25. Pelham did it with a balanced scoring attack and playing an extremely fast pace, so fast you think they're about to be out of control but they aren't at all. Pelham who probably doesn't have a kid that's over 6'2 didn't let there VASTLY undersized team (in comparison to Bedford) be out rebounded by Bedford. In fact Pelham took it to Bedford on the boards! Good to see Coach Regan believes in the art of boxing out as they probably won the battle of the boards 3/1. Pelham played with the utmost determination i've seen in a while diving for every lose ball fighting through physical play and were just relentless in every part of there game. Bedford on the other hand look as if they were entitled to the rebounds because they are all 6'5+ and it really hurt them (see the score) They struggled to do much of anything on offense and when they were able to get it down low there bigs played very soft tonight and missed quite a few lay-ups (they were contested but still 6'8+ kids should finish majority of these lay-ups when the kid guarding him is at his waist) And when Bedford played well on Defense they'd give up a second, third fourth chance. I expect Pelham to give everybody in D2 problems after seeing the determination they play with, whether the game was 2-0 or 61-23 every single kid gave everything they had.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:23 am

That is a surprising result, Bigman. Surprising in the final margin for sure. I knew Pelham was going to be tough this season. I saw them in fall league and was impressed with their team motor. For Beford, what can you say. You don't like to say this could be a loss that could take away their team soul, but......Losing by 39 points, only scoring 25 points and being out rebounded by a much smaller team? Well, that sounds like reasons for team soul searching to me.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down