New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Nh football report has d2 all state

3 posters

Go down

Nh football report has d2 all state Empty Nh football report has d2 all state

Post  GNG Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:20 pm

The team seems to have a good amount of green and gold on it cheers

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Nh football report has d2 all state Empty Re: Nh football report has d2 all state

Post  E.I.R. Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:31 pm

Saw that, and I have some comments (meaning I disagree). Offensively I don't think Guertin's line deserve it. Yes, I know I just told JAF that they did a good job the last few weeks of the year, but they didn't do well ALL YEAR, and that's how I judge All-State. Saremi was ejected from the Winnie game, missed the Alvirne and Keene games (Alvirne was one of the best games for the BG O-Line this year too), and was benched most of the Dover regular season game. Krsyzton missed a game too, and didn't impress me that much when he did play. Belleville at least started and played in all twelve games, but again, not good enough to be first team. The three of them belong with Collins and the Yurell brothers--not on this list. Mailloux I can see on there, good runner, lots of touchdowns, unfortunately for him he doesn't have the same yards and carries as most backs get but that's just the new system. I think Cornell should be on there as a fullback, he did very well carrying the ball with consistency (although I am assuming they don't put players on the list even if they play both ways?). Chartrand is a good guy for the list too, lots of good catches all year long, definitely the most reliable wide receiver for Guertin. Fahey gets Honorable Mention. Didn't play the whole year (missed 5 games actually, which is half the regular season - ouch!), can't be First Team. It's all about how you perform and produce, and he just didn't play enough (keep in mind he split snaps with Vailas in the Dover regular season game). In fact, Vailas should be Honorable Mention for his role as QB/WR. He impressed me this year with some of his blocking (the other BG receivers were HORRIBLE, and it's a HUGE part of the game) and he did admirably in his role at QB, minus the Keene game.
Defensively, they have A LOT wrong. Cornell on Honorable Mention? To my knowledge the kid didn't come off the field, even when he was playing offense! That's a slight to the young man. Carver is a defensive lineman, not a linebacker like they have listed. Also, not a consistent player. They subbed him out constantly and he had some games where he was blown off the ball. I think he is on there because of his performance in the championship game and the fact he was the one captain that played the whole year. I would've made him Honorable Mention. Lansing I think should be on the first team as well, very visible stopping the run game. Another player that got his ranking based on the championship game, where he allowed the Dover WR to beat him deep on the crucial 4th and 5 play near the end. But my rankings are ALL YEAR so he gets 1st team. Boudreau on the other hand gets demoted. Don't forget the beginning of the year where teams found the flat and went deep on BG with the post-wheel routes because he didn't cover. Good player, not the best at his position though, Honorable Mention. Lipari was a good end but he didn't play the first few games of the year and when he first started playing he didn't do a terrific job. His performances at the end of the year netted him several tackles for loss and sacks, so he still gets my vote for Honorable Mention.
Feel free to debate the choices with me, I've already ripped up what the D2 coaches came up with.

E.I.R.
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Nh football report has d2 all state Empty Re: Nh football report has d2 all state

Post  GNG Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:01 pm

I didn't see as many games as you E.I.R., but whenever I saw Cornell he was a beast on both sides of the ball. He should have been a 1st teamer. It is a flawed process for sure.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  E.I.R. Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:20 pm

He ripped off big run after big run on offense (only offensive touchdown in the game at Dover) and he made well over 50% of the teams tackles. Another reason their O-line and D-line shouldn't, for the most part, be on here is the constant subbing in and out. None of them played full games! They must have been in awful shape, something you wouldn't see on a Tony Johnson football team. Hopefully Coach Cote uses the year he has with the kids to get them on the lifting/conditioning program, there's no excuse for that next year.

E.I.R.
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:57 am

All I can picture is a room full of coaches picking a youth all star team over beers, brats, and cigars. Razz

I do believe they usually get most picks right, but there's always a few that make you wonder how did he (or she) make the team. Nothing against the kids who work hard and make the team, but is the BG center the best center in D2? I know BG won it all so that probably helps. I guess it all depends on who is in the room voting and who is advocating the hardest for their player. If you're a coach without a player at the position you probably vote/pick one who had a great game against your team. There is game tape, it doesn't mean you're watching it for a specific player or know the name of a specific player. Although if you're on the honorable mention one year - I suspect you're "name value" goes up for the following year to make the first team unless of course an injury happens...

For "full disclosure" - I have no axe to grind, my oldest was on the list when he played and as a parent I was very pleased. I can only imagine some parent from another school who was less happy and figured my son got it just because he was at BG and BG won.

Roger Brown has a list from the last few years archived on his website if anyone is interested:

http://www.nhfootballreport.com/2011/11/division_ii_all-state_team_rel_1.html
http://www.nhfootballreport.com/2010/11/division_ii_all-state_team_rel.html
http://www.nhfootballreport.com/2009/11/seniors_dominate_division_ii_a.html
http://www.nhfootballreport.com/2008/12/division_ii_allstate_team_rele.html
http://www.nhfootballreport.com/2007/11/division_ii_allstate_teams_rel.html

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down