New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Rumor has it

+12
SeacoastDad
goldenbear
Tuesday and Friday
Thereport
TheDeafPanther07
coachintheblood
BGLaxDad
REDFOXFAN
nhhssports
rwvogeley
JAF
GNG
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rumor has it Empty Rumor has it

Post  GNG Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:58 am

Long time TOJO right hand man has an itch, a coaching itch. king king king

I can't imagine Brother Marc or the new AD will be to happy to see a teacher who is in HIS building coaching somewhere else. Especially a coach of his quality. Evil or Very Mad

Could Cote be on the hot seat, one year removed from a championship? Shocked

Coach Cote has to realize BG football is held to a different standard then most schools. Sad

It goes back to a long held saying. You don't want to be the first guy replacing a coaching legend. You want to be the second guy replacing the first guy. Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Rumor has it Empty Re: Rumor has it

Post  GNG Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:06 am

Alvirne- I believe this program needs a major overhaul. I don't know what the athlete level is in town.

Merrimack- Phillips would have this team in the playoffs in year 2, maybe year one. This isn't a lack of quality athletes issue.

Souhegan- Heard the cupboard is bare. That surprises me because of the quality of stud football players that comes out of there, year in and year out. Their feeder program is also second to none.

BG- He should have had the job first time around. IF it opens up, he will get it this time.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:54 pm

Hollis is open too

Alvirne has athletes - the Hudson/Litchfield Bears feeder program is usually pretty strong - although the component that goes "back to" Litchfield probably hurts Alvirne in the long run. There is a reason why Campbell can compete right out of the gate. What do Alvirne, Salem, and West have in common - each used to draw from towns that had talented athletes to complement their own (Litchfield, Windham, and Bedford). Each has struggled with depth in sports since the towns that used to tuition into their district have built very nice high schools and now compete for titles in their respective "new" divisions. I would say this is much like the MASH breakup (Milford/Amherst) and probably others around the state, but those are ones I can think of locally.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Rumor has it Empty GNG

Post  rwvogeley Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:54 am

I agree that Marrk Phillips is a great coach. I fhe didn't come back 2 years ago after they lost to Dover, things probably would have been different and BG might have lost in the playoffs.
As far as replacing Cote as coach. BG really needs to look at the talent level they will have next year, factor in that they are moving up with the big schools. In the past they have beaten some of these schools, but now on a week to week basis their depth will be tested.
I think BG has a change of attitude on sports now. I do not think Brother Mark stays up at night worrying if the football team is winning.
Bottom line is that things are changing on the boys athletic world for BG. It is going totake some time.

rwvogeley
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Rumor has it Empty Does it surprise any forum members

Post  GNG Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:12 pm

that the Telegraph Sports Department is asleep at the wheel in regards to the Merrimack football coaches absence from the turkey day game? No No No No No No

Sad part is I expected this.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Rumor has it Empty RE: Does it surprise any forum members

Post  nhhssports Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:01 pm

GNG,

I'm guessing you missed this then?

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/sports/highschoolsports/984772-457/battistas-absence-from-merrimack-souhegan-thanksgiving-game-a.html

nhhssports
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Rumor has it Empty Rumor has it

Post  REDFOXFAN Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:02 pm

Hey GNG how long has Batista been at Merrimack as a head coach?

Was he involved with Pop Warner in that town as well?

Was he a Beliveau assistant coach at one time?

REDFOXFAN
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Rumor has it Empty nhsports

Post  GNG Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:10 pm

I read that article. That's old news.

People want to know WHY.

That's what local sportswriters are supposed to do. Tell us WHY.

REDFOX- no connection to pop warner. He was ASST at Souhegan. He just completed his 5th season

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Rumor has it Empty Nashua Telegraph sportswriters

Post  GNG Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:32 am

You write in your title that his absence was a MYSTERY.

What do you do with a MYSTERY? confused confused confused

You try to solve it. scratch scratch scratch

King, Fitzy, Joe M, join Shaggy, Fred, Velma,and Daphne in the Mystery machine. Drive over to Merrimack and solve the MYSTERY. It kind of is your job to followup on this story. Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Rumor has it Empty Christmas present for Alvirne

Post  BGLaxDad Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:36 pm

On there wish list is a great coach like Phillips if this actually happens it would turn this program completely
around. These boys have been good this year and deserve a special present. All we can do is hope and pray
this could be true.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

BGLaxDad
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Rumor has it Empty Christmas present

Post  coachintheblood Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:46 pm

Sure would be nice to watch someone buid a program that doesnt get any respect but alas only Santa can deliver such a gift. Envision the triple option multi formation spread combined with power and playaction passes. one can only wish.

coachintheblood
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  coachintheblood Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:45 pm

[quote="GNG"]Alvirne- I believe this program needs a major overhaul. I don't know what the athlete level is in town.

Merrimack- Phillips would have this team in the playoffs in year 2, maybe year one. This isn't a lack of quality athletes issue.

Souhegan- Heard the cupboard is bare. That surprises me because of the quality of stud football players that comes out of there, year in and year out. Their feeder program is also second to none.

BG- He should have had the job first time around. IF it opens up, he will get it this time.[/quote]

Prediction if Alvirne picks the right coach thhey will beat BG next year.

coachintheblood
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Rumor has it Empty Merrimack football

Post  coachintheblood Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:50 pm

Does anybody know if Merrimack is making a coaching change? That school has excellent athletes and tough kids they should be winning.

coachintheblood
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:36 am

No word yet.

Pretty simple choice for the new AD.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Rumor has it Empty Awful quiet over at Alvirne.

Post  GNG Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:34 am

Thought they would have announced the new coach by now.

Meanwhile over in Merrimack, who the heck knows what the heck is going on over there.

The only thing we know is that The Telegraph won't ask the athletic director or the coach if he still has the job. geek jocolor scratch

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Rumor has it Empty about those jobs

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:24 am

GNG, I have an "update" of sorts. Alvirne has decided on 3 candidates (I didn't make it but one of my colleagues did) and that its for that.

About Merrimack, Ryan O'Connor of the Merrimack Patch told me that he's going tonite's Bedford/Mack game and cornering the AD there. I am very interested about it too because that sort of stuff don't happen here.

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:44 am

Keep at it deafpanther. Your time will come.

Thanks for the update.

Ryan O'Connor could outscoop THE TELEGRAPH. Love it.

I can see it now.

Where do you go to get the local sports stories? Well if I want FLUFF pieces I go to The Nashua Telegraph, and if I want hard hitting sports journalism I go to the MERRIMACK PATCH.

LOVE IT.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Thereport Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:58 am

Just some advice DP, I would be a little more discreet about myself if I were applying for a HC position/actively coaching at a school that you now publically represent... And since your sources are not very good, I'll help you out.
1. Batista has resigned, on his own terms. However, since he was not fired and did nothing wrong, that's as much as you will hear from the administration, according to my sources. So good luck to your friend in cornering an adminstrator with issues concerning privacy, since no wrong doing happened, it's not the publics business really. So GNG, the Telegraph could have in theory already asked...and then write an article about how they asked, and received no answer. You'd still be in the same spot.
2. Alvirne has settled on their new HC, according to sources close to the administration who wish to remain annonoymous because of the delicacy of the situation. I will give you all a teaser however, it is NOT Phillips.

Thereport
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Thereport Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:01 pm

By the way, the resignation took place 2 days ago...which is why the delay.

Also, you will hear of the announcement of Alvirne's new HC very soon..should actually be before Christmas, which I hope you all have a wonderful one.

Last edited by Thereport on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Before* not after the holiday.)

Thereport
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Rumor has it Empty The report

Post  GNG Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:19 pm

breaking BIG NEWS.

Merrimack website says no coaches opening at this time.

I highly doubt he resigned on his own terms. I don't care as long as he is gone.

Questions remain. If he did nothing wrong then why was he banned from the turkeyday game against his beloved mentor?

If Phillips applied and didn't get the job then Alvirne just made a huge mistake.

Let me be the first to state this. If Phillips goes to Merrimack they will be a dynasty for years to come.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:52 pm

That is quite a paradox that he did nothing wrong, but was banned from coaching Merry in the Turkey Day game.

Welcome to the Forum.... Thereport. Thanks for the insight. It is much appreciated.

I will respectfully disagree with your following statement concerning the Merrimack football coaching position:

"good luck to your friend in cornering an adminstrator with issues concerning privacy, since no wrong doing happened, it's not the publics business really."

I believe that is a paid coaching position. The $$ used to pay the coach comes from town residents who pay their tax bills. If I am a Merrimack resident footing the bill with the school system, coaches, teachers, supplies etc. with my hard earned tax dollars I send in monthly or twice a year and I have a player on the team..... I would say, in most instances, it is my business.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Thereport Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:36 pm

The best way for me to explain it to you GNG would be to frame it this way: Did you think Tony Johnson's resignation was necessary or was it one parent who went over the top?
Now imagine if BG said "While we investigate this, you're suspended"...then at the end of a thorough investigation, they found absolutely no evidence of any wrong doing. So they say to Tony, "You were right, and you're back" What do you think he would do?

Phillips did apply, he was in BG within the past couple of weeks obtaining a letter of recommendation. He may have simply declined the offer, in hopes he would get a chance at the Merrimack job, but he is not their new HC.

Thereport
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Thereport Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:54 pm

"I believe that is a paid coaching position. The $$ used to pay the coach comes from town residents who pay their tax bills. If I am a Merrimack resident footing the bill with the school system, coaches, teachers, supplies etc. with my hard earned tax dollars I send in monthly or twice a year and I have a player on the team..... I would say, in most instances, it is my business"

Perfectly reasonable expectations, no disagreements there. After the baseball fiasco, I've been told, they are extremely cautious of their PR. If you're ever given anything more than a talking point of "we're both moving on and would like to focus on the future, rather than the past", I'd be shocked. Like I said, I agree with you. But you won't get it.

Thereport
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:01 pm

I understand what your trying to say. I would say every coach would resign except this guy. He knows if he resigns he never ever sees a high school head coaching position again.This guy ate, drank, and slept Merrimack football. He just couldn't coach it.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Always love a guy/ girl with inside sources.

There is no town in my mind with the exception of Bedford in NH that has more pure athletes then Merrimack. They are always great in hoops,and track. Baseball and hockey are always competitive. The right coach turns this around in a NY minute.

There will be a large number of applicants for this position. Merrimack football is a sleeping giant waiting to be awoken by the right coach and staff.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Rumor has it Empty Should we get a pool started

Post  GNG Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:06 pm

on what day, month, or year that the Telegraph reports that he resigned?

I'll take Feb14th, 2013 I love you .

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum