New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Dropkick Murphys at Fenway Park

3 posters

Go down

Dropkick Murphys at Fenway Park Empty Dropkick Murphys at Fenway Park

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:06 pm

I attended the Dropkick Murphys show at Fenway Park Thursday night. What a fantastic evening it was. It is magical to listen to good music with Fenway Park as a background. The stage was set up right in the bullpens and faced towards the bleachers. The seating arrangement went from Bleacher 36 to Grandstand 4. I was in Bleacher 41 twenty rows from the stage. With the bleachers having a gradual rise as you go up each row the view I had was like being on top of the stage.

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones opened up the night and they can still bring it with their ecclectic mix of rock, jazz and punk. I'm still amazed that one member of the group does nothing but dance during their whole 70 minute concert. The guy is down right cool. The lead singer Dicky Barrett mentioned a few times of his experiences of attending games at Fenway which added a nice touch to the set.

The CF jumbotron started showing videos of the Red Sox and the Dropkicks. This was hilighted by a video of the Dropkicks trying to find their way through Fenway Park to the stage. Papelbon came out in the video and said, "Follow me guys I'll get you there." They walked down a couple of corridors and then Papelbon looked at the DMs and said, "Sorry guys, I'm lost. I only know how to get from the bullpen to the pitcher's mound."

At 9 pm sharp the stage darkened and Irish/rock music started playing over the darkened stage and Fenway Park. A spotlight shined on the Green Monster and the Dropkick Murphys were on it. The crowd thundered with noise as the Dropkicks walked on the Green Monster and came down through the centerfield garage door to the stage. They played a blistering 90 minute set. The concert reached an apex when during the last 2 songs Shawn Thornton brought out the Stanley Cup on stage, raised it to a deafening applause and put it right at center stage as the Dropkicks finished off the show.

Ken Casey of the DMs incorporated many stories of the Red Sox and Fenway into the evening. With his Irish accent and true Boston blood, many of the stories hit home and resonated.

The night was very organized and without incident. If you should have a chance to attend a concert, hockey or soccer game at Fenway I say Go Go Go. It is truly remarkable how well the place caters to a non-baseball event.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Dropkick Murphys at Fenway Park Empty Re: Dropkick Murphys at Fenway Park

Post  EBlessNHSP Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:34 pm

I once got on stage with the Bosstones when I was 17 during a concert in Burlington, VT. True Story. Highlight of my career.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:26 pm

I have to state I went to Jerry Remy's new place on Boylston St before the concert. I was very impressed. The drink selection is very good. The food is very good and reasonably priced. They give you very good portions for your money. The atmosphere is great with an outstanding view of the outside of Fenway from home plate to right field from 2 massive picture windows. The flat screens are in droves above the bar.

If you don't have a liking for the Yankees then the Remy restrooms provide a "relief" for that aspect of your life.

Remy's opened up a deck last Sunday to serve 200+ people. Although the deck doesn't have a view of the game, my waiter told me the sound ambience, especially for future concerts will be strikingly loud from the roof top of Remy's.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:39 pm

good to know, some remi's might be going to remy's

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:44 pm

Never thought about the Remi/Remy connection. You should do just fine in the Remy restrooms with the "Yankee Relief."

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down