New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Four intruiging games in division two this week

3 posters

Go down

Four intruiging games in division two this week Empty Four intruiging games in division two this week

Post  GNG Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:52 am

I have given up trying to pick games in this division. The NFL is easier to pick, and I think the NFL is impossible to pick. Anyways, there are definitely some great storylines to follow this week.

BG at WEST- I can't imagine Coach Cote letting THE GREEN AND GOLD having a letdown game on his return. I am sure West will be fired up, but it won't be enough. This is the game I am going to. The student going against the mentor. I LOVE emotional games.

SPAULDING at MERRIMACK- Two teams headed in different directions. When was the last time a SPAULDING football coach had to guard against a LETDOWN game? Merrimack has 4 losses, but their remaining schedule is SPAULDING, WEST, AND WINNIE. Three very winnable games. Spaulding wins, and they keep that playoff train chugging along. Merrimack wins, and they keep their faint playoff hopes ALIVE. The crowd at the Timberlane - Merrimack game was weak. Spaulding travels well, and their loud. This will be a fun one.

DOVER at KEENE- This is the game to go to. To bad it's all the way in Keene. Must win for KEENE to keep playoff hopes alive. Dover wants to get back on the winning track after being derailed by BG. I got sucked into the KEENE preseaon hype. Their line is nowhere close to as good as last year's line. Losing Boulay ruined any chance this team had at dethroning Guertin. Too many Turnovers. Dover wins and they pretty much wrap up the 2 seed. Dover loses and Timby starts eying that 2 seed. Worth the price of admission.

TIMBERLANE at WINNIE- I can't figure Winnie out. I know they lost to a very beatable Alvirne squad. So did Timby, BUT TIMBY was all banged up that game. This game has it all, playoff implications galore. I still say Timberlane is the best division team to play BG this season, but in this division that's not saying a whole lot. Loser of this game might not make the dance.

Why is it I am starting to think the 2nd seed will have 3 losses, and the 3rd and 4th seeds will have 4 losses. Don't laugh it could happen.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Four intruiging games in division two this week Empty Re: Four intruiging games in division two this week

Post  GNG Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:03 pm

New power poll is out. BG is the only division 2 team rated in the top ten. OUCH.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Four intruiging games in division two this week Empty Re: Four intruiging games in division two this week

Post  JAF Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:10 pm

Whomever wrote the article on the UL online doesn't realize Goffstown is D3... They also misled you into believe BG was the only D2 team in the poll... The text said BG was the only D2 in an otherwise all D1 top 6... Dover is 8th... Perhaps they'll edit it again to fix their mistakes.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20111010/SPORTS/710109963

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:04 pm

Thanks brother.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxSportsNH Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:33 am

I am starting to think D2 may really be that bad this year, at least thus far.

Dover was not nearly as good as I expected on Friday night, Perhaps they had a truely poor showing, I know you could hear Coach Osborn absolutely losing his mind after the game at the 30yd line team circle. I would expect Coach will fix the small things and get them on track over the next 4 weeks.

As I said earlier Spaulding is a good football team from where they were to where they are now, they are playing as a unit, good line work, and a coach getting young men to believe. I am anxious to see how they play out against Merrimack and others on the Schedule. The one that seems off is they lost to Winnie 42-0 ?? correct me if I am wrong someone ?

All in All D2 isnt anywhere near what is has been over the last 5 Years.

MaxSportsNH
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Four intruiging games in division two this week Empty GREAT ARTICLE ABOUT PRIVE IN TELEGRAPH

Post  GNG Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:17 am

One stud rb Tyler King being looked at by DIVISION ONE UNH, one stud 2 way lineman who the coach is going to try to get to play division 2. Add into the mix a speedback{Chaz Meyers} who has ripped off several long gains this season, and in my opinion is the most underrated rb in the division. Hard to believe a team that has ALL this talent is in last place in what many are calling the weakest division in the state. Sad

Kind of a head scratcher. confused I don't believe BG has any division one or two prospects on their roster , yet they are somehow in FIRST PLACE.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:04 pm

After a rough first series for both team, the rest of the game belonged to BG... A fumble to start West's second series resulted in a 10 yd TD recovery for BG. After a quick West series, BG struck again 14-0... On the next possession, Fahey kept after a fake dive and ran about 60 yards off the tight end. A mysterious holding play down near the goal line put the ball on the 20, but 2 plays later Fahey ran the same play for a 20-0 lead. West scores a TD with about 50 seconds left in the first half. BG answered right back with the key play being a long pass to CJ who made a nice sideline grab keeping the toes inbound. BG ran it in from there for a 27-6 halftime lead. The only negative was on the ensuing kickoff Spinney got a bit blindsided on a play away from the ball and ended up in a sling off to the hospital for X-Rays on his collarbone. West tried an onside kick to start the second half that failed, BG scored lightning fast... Final was 47-18 - West's last 12 points came with the West starters playing against BG's reserves. West played hard the whole 48 minutes, but their trickery and gadgets only took them so far. I can certainly appreciate their effort and believe they could be dangerous for anyone who doesn't take them seriously. They like to pass and their QB is accurate.

Last edited by JAF on Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot order of events to end first half.)

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Four intruiging games in division two this week Empty DOVER 21 kEENE 7

Post  GNG Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:26 am

Keene is now 2 wins 3 losses in the division. WOW, I totaly got sucked into the preseason hype.

BG 5-0
DOVER 5-1

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down