New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Tuesday 1/4 Game Thread

+8
1380TheSportsAnimal
chicagokid43
basketballtime
abball
nhhoopguy
Tuesday and Friday
Tulliver
EBlessNHSP
12 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Tuesday 1/4 Game Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Tuesday 1/4 Game Thread

Post  JT_nh_hs_fan Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:12 pm

After reading thread, I would have loved to seen this video that "proves" dirty play. It appears Mr Mitchell has removed it from youtube based on my search today. If it exists somewhere, I would like to see it. I try to follow a lot of the youngsters from NH as they move on to play in college. The college game is much, much more physical game than high school. The level of officiating unfortunately does not rise up as the level of talent on the court does. You better get used to seeing it now, it is not going to change at the next level.

I would like to see this video mostly because from what I see at all the collegiate levels (D1 to D3) is tighter, more physical defense. That includes a lot of what has been described here: The idea of getting up close when a guy shoots or sliding in under a player who is in the air driving to the hoop. Watch some games and look at how many times a jump shooter hits the deck after the shot and there is no call. Look at how teams take charges and bodies are flying everywhere.

You don't have to like it or agree with it, but you better get used to it if you think your going to play beyond high school. There is no coach in NH high school that is earning his living coaching his team. In college everyone is. The game is faster, played harder and like some of you have stated here officiated with guys who fail often to control the game. As much as we like to think so, the end goal is not to keep these kids safe. If that were true, the games would indeed be called differently. How many times have you seen a game where things are starting to spiral out of control and a ref "talks" to a player or two, but does not blow the whistle and make a call. The argument is never going to go away between controlling the game and "letting the kids play". It is a fine line and those who whine today about a lack of control are usually the same one who whine that too many fouls were called and the refs didn’t "let the kids play".

One thing I would love to see instituted in high school and college is the semi-circle that the NBA uses to keep guys from being rewarded by getting a charge call just by standing under basket. That would help a little.

All that being said, I would like to see the video of this if possible.

JT_nh_hs_fan

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:19 pm

I'm sure ChiKid would be happy to provide it. You might Private Message (PM) him your email address and he could email it to you. It sounds like you know exactly what happened however.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:43 pm

You can't have it both ways with calling it too tight or letting them play. No matter which way people perceive the way the game is called they will probably complain 60 to 80 % of the time. Nearly 100% of this 60 to 80 % have probably never reffed anything past an occaisional rec basketball game and would have NO CLUE where to begin to officiate a freshman or JV game, let alone a varsity game. The average fan would lay gold bricks if they even officiated 1 period of a varsity game.

It always looks easier from the stands.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 1/4 Game Thread - Page 4 Empty Not happening however...

Post  chicagokid43 Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:22 pm

No tape exist... sorry.

As for criticizing referees.. it is a job. If a waitress forgets my fries I have a right to complain. If a referee puts a player in danger to get somewhere on time it should be discussed. I stand by my word and I am very confident that the staff of both schools on Tuesday agreed with my assessment of the officiating. My money helps support the system and my son is part of the system. I feel I have every right to discuss it, approach the school with it and request better services when I can show that a kid is being put in harms way because of it. Not only do I feel I have the right I feel I have the responsibility.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:01 pm

I am very confident the staffs of Milford and Souhegan DO NOT AGREE with your assessment of the officiating on Tuesday. They probably agree on one play in particular, but overall, Milford is siding with you and Souhegan is not.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 1/4 Game Thread - Page 4 Empty Why would Amhearst agree with it?

Post  basketballtime Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:26 am

Tuesday and Friday wrote:I am very confident the staffs of Milford and Souhegan DO NOT AGREE with your assessment of the officiating on Tuesday. They probably agree on one play in particular, but overall, Milford is siding with you and Souhegan is not.

Of course anyone who lets their players play like that and gets caught via video with doing things that could permantly injure a child well then i guess they would deny it right? I mean it happened and it happened a lot during that game. The only problem i have is when someone is tyring to injure with intent and it's then taken by some of you posting on this site lightly i can only shake my head and say whats wrong with you? There is no doubt in my head that if that your child was hurt or someone was playing with intent to hurt them you too would be very upset and god forbid if Mike O had come down and blown out an ACL because of it or if Mikey Mitchell broke a bone on the vicous, dirty and uncalled for push from behind as he was high up in the air or the high flying elbows being dealt out by number 3 on Amhearst to Mikes chin and so on. Not one of you would be talking so carelessly like its just part of the game ho hum.

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:44 am

Nobody said it should be allowed. Relax. Everybody agrees it was a foul. There will be a hundred of these plays this season in NHIAA play this season. Just yesterday my neighbors daughter who plays varsity ball for Sanborn was bodyslammed in a game vs conval when conval was up 30. This thread has run it's course.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4