New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

2010 Cheshire Tire Holiday Festival

+5
chicagokid43
Tuesday and Friday
basketballtime
EBlessNHSP
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

2010 Cheshire Tire Holiday Festival - Page 3 Empty Advertisement....

Post  chicagokid43 Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:47 pm

Humble Pie is now called Papa Joes Hamburgers in Milford. It is located on Route 13 just south of the oval. They are a great resource for incredible hamburgers for the MILFORD BASKETBALL TEAM...

Chicagokid highly recommends it... lol

http://web.me.com/mjmitch33/Site/Papa_Joes_Fund_Raiser.html

I should have stayed in Marketing!

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

2010 Cheshire Tire Holiday Festival - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 Cheshire Tire Holiday Festival

Post  GNG Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:00 pm

Can we please stop all this talk of burgers and pie.I am on day 1 of a new diet/healthy lifestyle and you guys are killing me.Sorry if I am a little grouchy that special k just doesn't cut it like my usual Sunday breakfast.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

2010 Cheshire Tire Holiday Festival - Page 3 Empty GNG not invited to the after season 99 Event.. lol

Post  chicagokid43 Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:35 pm

I guess GNG just bowed out of the after season trip to the 99 for cold beverage and nachos...lol

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

2010 Cheshire Tire Holiday Festival - Page 3 Empty Selfish?

Post  basketballtime Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:14 pm

In my humble opinion, giving this much attention to a subject that promotes individuality and self achievement is in direct contrast to what the game of basketball is all about, team play.

Selfish is not the word to describe how Milford plays i agree a hundred percent with Chikid on that one. Now when it comes to a player doing all they can do to help get a win or wins for their team i don't call that selfish either in fact if you feel that way humble or not i would say you propose a change to the whole system and eliminate all awards given out for individual accomplishments right? scratch

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

2010 Cheshire Tire Holiday Festival - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 Cheshire Tire Holiday Festival

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:31 pm

I just checked out the Double Dribble Burger at Papa Joes in Milford. Is there a caloric count with that or does Papa just put a 30 day supply of Lipitor in between the burger, cheese sauce and fries?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

2010 Cheshire Tire Holiday Festival - Page 3 Empty No Calories in the Double Dribble Burger

Post  chicagokid43 Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:36 pm

The Double Dribble Burger at Papa Joes in Milford has no Calories it is full of Vitamins and Nutrients! lol

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

2010 Cheshire Tire Holiday Festival - Page 3 Empty Let's be clear about a few things....

Post  Thomas Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:11 am

Milford "hardly scared" by Souhegan at Keene? Is that why the crowd and the bench was so quiet when it was 45-45? Milford clearly misses McCallum(a player who dramatically improved his game since Feb-March of last year) and when they have to go to their bench 7-8-9 there is a huge dropoff, and it is also clear that Souhegan has improved a great deal over last year. That the "hardly scared" comment was even made means that Milford knows that if they aren't on their game - or if foul trouble or injury happens - they are vulnerable, especially at Souhegan(or Pembroke or Pelham or Portsmouth). The one comment that I did agree with is that Souhegan is a final four caliber team.

Philbrick "shut down" Gilligan?? The only thing that shut down Gilligan was a recurring back problem(out for extended periods during the final) and even with that he still got double figures in the final. Combine that with a 31 point 5 assist monster game in the OT win over Lebanon and that makes him all tournament in my book. Or Cordts with double figures each game and 20 points and 8 steals in the final. A team that makes the final in the red division gets no all tournament players, and the MVP of the tourney gets 6 points and 5 fouls in the final????????????? Maybe 3 make it from Milford, but Gilligan or Cordts (or both) make it as well. I don't think that a lot of people in the state are quite ready to crown Milford just yet, even though some of the posters here are.

Thomas
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

2010 Cheshire Tire Holiday Festival - Page 3 Empty Apparently...

Post  chicagokid43 Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:59 am

Apparently Thomas knows Gilligan better than I do. I seen him play big minutes and did very little down the stretch. I did think that Jovi kept a body on him and was effective in the 4th.
Not sure scared is a word I should have used it was a great game but with the foul count in Milford's favor I was confident that Milford would get to the line often in the 4th and pull away which is what happened. I was disappointed how Milford used the last few possessions. They did not do a great job of using the clock and making Souhegan foul. Good news is tomorrow they get to do it again. As for losing at Souhegan, it is always possible. Basketball is a game that allows upsets like Villanova and Georgetown, Houston and NC State.. Always a possibility.
Souhegan is a very good team and I can see them beating anyone in the division. It will be interesting to see how Mike O comes out tomorrow, he is not one to play two bad games in a row. On the other hand the same goes for Mitchell... he never plays two good games in a row. lol

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:14 am

Thomas, welcome to the forum. You may or may not be a Souhegan supporter, but it's nice to have some of the other schools represented. Milford is far from being crowned the champs this year - you are right. Lots of basketball to be played. We know so LITTLE about so many teams.

If you read Dave Haley's Holiday Thoughts column on NHSP you'll notice a little tidbit on Kyle Dicesare being out 3/4 of the season. That probably puts Portsmouth somwhere between 4 and 8 - and tell me Milford or Souhegan wants to see a Clipper squad WITH Dicesare in their quarterfinal game. Yikes, that my friends is a scary thought.

Milford, and Souhegan will obviously be there in the end. They rematch later this year, which will also be another barn burner. Potential for these clubs to match up 3 times in a season. And everybody knows how much coaches love trying to beat the same team 3 times in the same season, very difficult.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

2010 Cheshire Tire Holiday Festival - Page 3 Empty Thomas

Post  basketballtime Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:08 pm

Thomas after going over every possible stat this past weekend i must say even though Gilligan had a back issue it still didn't change the fact that Mitchell had turned an ankle, Olaughlin fouled out and only played 14 minutes and from what i heard about the game if its true that Ahmearst held an 18-7 difference in fouls by halftime and still couldn't take advantage of it and the depleted Milford squad then i would have to agree with the not being scared of Amhearst statement sorry. pale

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

2010 Cheshire Tire Holiday Festival - Page 3 Empty Tonight Mr Assistant

Post  chicagokid43 Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:08 pm

Tonight Souhegan and Milford match up again in Milford. If you are not on the way though do not bother you will never get a seat. Stay home and watch it live on channel 21... if your in Milford that is.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3