New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Great games last night

3 posters

Go down

Great games last night Empty Great games last night

Post  basketballtime Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:46 pm

I was amazed to see how well Raymond did last night against my Madoless Trinity team. They played with a lot of heart and played smart by pulling the big men out farther then they like to be. However it was not quite enough to pull off the win. I would have like to see them fast break just a little more to get the advantage on Trinity's big men i think that would have make the difference. In the second game i thought if central could have gone a few more times inside to Wickey they would have won that game. Once they lost their point gaurd at the end i had a feeling it would hurt them and it did. The other two guards were too sloppy with the ball and had some costly turnovers. Should be an interesting year in class L. The Greater Lawrence vs Milford game was as advertised until they actually threw the ball up in the air and Milford scored in a matter of seconds. I watched the first ten minutes of the game then my wife called and said if you don't come home now don't come home at all. So while being in no financial position to move out i thought it wise to get home. But will admit i did get to appreciate what i saw from Mike O then i have in the past. I thought he played a great game with much better ball control then i can remember him having in the past. With that said I still have to say watching Holder to me is now going to be one of my most favorite things to do now that Madol is gone, watching him go at with that kid from GL Celostin was very entertaining to say the least. I wish i had seen the whole game but i saw on NH Sports Page they won going away. This makes two games with only two starters on the floor beating up teams like BG,Soughegan and GL just a scary thought. Now that Madol is gone i will definitely have to hit some Milford games. I still think Trinity will be tough when Zach comes back but you can't replace Madol he was the show and the best in the state i wish good luck in Vermont.

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Great games last night Empty Re: Great games last night

Post  EBlessNHSP Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:29 pm

thanks for the recap - link NHSportsPage story: http://www.nhsportspage.com/display_full_story.php?story_id=487
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Great games last night Empty MIke and Jamie both looked good

Post  chicagokid43 Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:36 am

Mike and Jamie definitely looked good last night. Both had issues guarding Celestin but his crossover is tough. Very good player offensively. The Trinity game will be a different game for them with the bigs from Trinity. Right now Milford is without the bigs from the school team in Desmarais and Nelson so Trinity may be able to rebound the ball and control tempo. That will be very interesting.
Milford will definitely put up some huge numbers this year. Not sure how much fun it will be watching their games though. You may have a situation where they only have 6-8 games worth watching. I know even last year they had 6-8 games that were over by halftime. Rumor has it that the team will be at Rivier for the Fall League on Sundays so it should be interesting to see how many of the varsity guys commit to the league.
I liked what I saw last night from Central the Little Green have some pieces and John Wickey is going to be a player of the year guy in my mind. I know it is early but with Madol gone and the substitution pattern and depth that BG has John Wickey could have the numbers to get the votes. Real happy for him seeing how hard he has worked over the summer I hope he has the season I think he is capable of.
Raymond showed nicely last night hanging around against Trinity and really being only a few plays away from stealing a game for class L. They will be tough to beat this year although I still think Mascoma has a big guy that is a tough matchup for many teams and Conant has a great group of JV players coming up and to me the best coaching staff around. No offense to anyone but I love how the coach for both the JV team and the varsity teach the game. I still think they will find their way to the final 4 and then who knows.
I will be forced to watch soccer for a few months but I am already looking forward to November. Many of these kids I have been watching since they were 3rd graders it will be a sad end of season for me with so many great kids moving on to the next stage of their lives. I am proud of them and really look forward to seeing all of them play at some point this season.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:12 am

We look forward to your posts in the soccer forum ChiKid...someone needs to breath some life in there!

Jeremy I don't think you have to worry about linking to your site - most readers go to your site first, read what you have then come here based on the statistics I get. You can always post a link yourself anytime you do an update, it's all about sharing information here at NHSF. In fact, I'd expect you post links to your stuff, just like I do to NHSP which of course - I write for, so of course there is a little bias, no offense Wink

I got you covered this time though - Jeremey's BST Recap Blog
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Great games last night Empty Life?

Post  chicagokid43 Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:53 am

Well if I have anything to say in Soccer about Milford I will be surprised. Milford was 1-17 last year I believe. So I am not to confident that I will have much to say.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Great games last night Empty What happened?

Post  basketballtime Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:36 pm

I just got home after watching Trinity and Milford and i can't believe i didn't get to see Madol or Holder tonight anyone know what happened to Holder? Mike O played as hard as he could but Trinity had to many bigs and weapons to overcome. Wanted to stay for the finals but i think BG will take it going away.

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:13 pm

Highlights from the Championship game

Note: I think Logan Kestys Dad graciously made this vid, so it's primarily BG highlights as one might expect of a BG Dad!

EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down