@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Final Night - 3/4 games

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Final Night - 3/4 games

Post  OntheBlock on Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:23 pm

5-2 Tuesday, 89-29 heading into the last night of the season.

Game of the Night has to be-
#7 Merrimack (11-6) @ #2 Pinkerton (14-3) – The Astros need the win to clinch first. On Senior night, with a team that starts 5 Seniors, I anticipate the boys will come out with a purpose. These teams have played each other a ton over the years, going back to grade school. This is also for bragging rights. Astros win, and take the top seed.

# 13 Alvirne @ #3 Central – Alvirne is in the #5 through # 9 quagmire. Central will be a #3 or #4 seed. Alvirne has lost 4 of their last 5, with their only win coming over the 0’fer Pembroke boys. This is a good tune up game for Central as Alvirne will not back down all night. But, Central will take the win.

#4 Exeter (13-4) @ #6 Bedford - These teams have many similarities, and this game should be a good match up. Exeter will try to run and gun. The Bulldogs are going to get into their half court set and try to break down the defense. If Morrisette and Holmes can hit their outside shots, Exeter wins, and keeps their fingers crossed for a Pinky loss, and a #2 slot. Exeter.

#5 Memorial (11-6) @ #11 Salem (8-9) – The Crusaders are losers of 3 of their last 4 as their available players has changed from night to night recently. The Blue Devils are just as sporadic, winning 4 of their last 5, with a double digit loss to Keene on Tuesday. This game will come down to who is on the court for Memorial. Whichever way it goes, it will have a big impact on both the #5-9 pack, and the #12-16 pack. I’ll assume Memorial has all of their players, and takes the win.

#8 Winnacunnet (11-6) @ #14 Keene (6-11) – It is a long 100 mile ride from Hampton to Keene for the Warriors tonight. The furthest distance for any two D1 teams, and an average night for D4.Winni is 7-2 at home, and 4-4 on the road. Tonight’s drive coupled with a decent Owls team is too much tonight. Keene gets the win, and the Warriors get an EVEN LONGER ride back home after the loss.

#18 Dover (2-15) @ #9 South(10-7) – South needs a win tonight, and some craziness ahead of them to finish as high as 5th place. South will take the win as their fans monitor Twitter all night for results from other games.

#15 Spaulding (6-11) @ #10 Londonderry (9-Cool – The young Red Raiders team continues to gain experience tonight against a solid Lancers team. All of these tough games are going to pay dividends next year. However, tonight, the Lancers are too polished for Spaulding, and the will get the win. The downside for Londonderry is that they can not climb higher than the #10 seed. (It just dawned on me that this is possibly a preview of a 2017 Final four game. That should delight MOSN. You heard it here first.)

#16 Trinity (5-12) @ #17 Concord (3-14) – The Pioneers come in losers of 7 straight and 8 of their last 9. The Crimson Tide had a 1 point win over Bedford on Tuesday, after losing 5 straight. Is Concord playing like a team with nothing left to lose, or was Tuesday a fluke. Either way, this is likely Trinity’s last legitimate chance at a win, and the Senior’s will show up tonight, and drives home the win.

I’m not sure where this will leave us for final seedings and matchups. I think I’ll make it easy on myself, and I’ll tune in to the NH Sportspage show tomorrow to hear how they calculate it. If memory serves me right, their rankings will be on at 10:10am tomorrow.

Congrat’s to all of the players on a well-played season. You have made every night fun and interesting for us fans! For the Seniors, best of luck in your future endeavors! I hope to see some of you playing at the next level. Thank you for all of your hard work!

OntheBlock
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Re: Final Night - 3/4 games

Post  RedRaiderNation on Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:02 am

Londonderry closed the regular season with a 54-46 victory over Spaulding. Two of the top juniors in the state went head-to-head with the Lancers Jake Coleman scoring 24 points and the Red Raiders Cal Connelly finishing with 25.

Watch highlights of the two battling it out on Friday in Londonderry:
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/5065232/highlights/333982453

RedRaiderNation
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum