New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

And the 16th and final playoff seed goes to...

+4
Tulliver
NHsportsfan
goldenbear
tarrier
8 posters

Go down

And the 16th and final playoff seed goes to... Empty And the 16th and final playoff seed goes to...

Post  tarrier Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:40 pm

I did a little research to try to figure out if Keene's 2 not so impressive wins over Class I doormats Con-Val would somehow help get them in the Class L tourney...follow this link to see my totally "unofficial", but interesting conclusion. www.fnlnh.com

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

And the 16th and final playoff seed goes to... Empty Re: And the 16th and final playoff seed goes to...

Post  goldenbear Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:58 pm

16th Spot I thought South was eliminated ( because they lost to Keene and Goffstown) and that is what South player think also, but if you look a step one of the tie breaker procedure and if they all finish with 4 wins that is than throw out because they all don't play each other. So if South can beat Pinkerton according to the NHIAA web site they could get the 16 seed. Though I am not sure.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

And the 16th and final playoff seed goes to... Empty Re: And the 16th and final playoff seed goes to...

Post  NHsportsfan Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:08 pm

Goffstown beat south so it should not matter

NHsportsfan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:24 pm

So did Keene but that is not waht the tie breaker says,

it said it is head to head if all teams play each other and since Keene did not play Goffstown if you read it word for word that would get rid of that one

But does not make since to me but that is what is says on the NHIAA web site

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:50 pm

Didn't we find out last year that they use the quality wins meaning tourney teams... and also on the road wins count more...

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:35 pm

Hit on pete link and look at the steps of the tie Breaker and read it and see what you think.

I do nto think South cna beat Pinkerton they do not match up well with them inside at all, even with Basora back

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  nhhoopguy Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:20 am

Pinkerton is playing for one of those 2nd round home games and should beat south

nhhoopguy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Guy Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:11 am

Good article Tarrier,I like the way you think.

Big Guy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:21 pm

This was a very informative article by Mr. Tarrier. There is an interesting situation developing here for both Class L and I. In Class I you have the heal standings and there is still a couple of games to be played with Lebanon at Monadnock tonight and Coe B at John Stark tomorrow. I'm sure who wins and loses will determine the final heal standings which might take into the weekend to figure out. The Class I prelim games are slated for next Tuesday at 7 pm. You also have the grid lock in Class L: 5 way tie for 2nd and a couple other of ties in the standings. On Saturday people will be burning the midnight oil heal standings and Class L tiebreaker midnight oil to figure everything out before NHIAA comes out with the OFFICIAL standings. The dust might not settle until Sunday with regards to the brackets for both classes.

This might mean that Big Guy will probably stay awake the whole weekend.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

And the 16th and final playoff seed goes to... Empty Class L needs to fix it

Post  chicagokid43 Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:46 pm

Class L needs to fix their system. If class I teams are on your schedule they must count differently for your playoff seedings. Maybe the wins be a smaller point such as the heal. Maybe if your going to play down to class I you add a extra game and still play all your class L schedule. To me that is the best way to do this. If you have a local rival you want to play do it on a Saturday morning, it doesnt count against the standings and you can treat it as a scrimmage. There would need to be a limit on how many you do but counting conval as a win for a class L team is just silly. Keep in mind Milford beat Conval in their two games by 80+ total points. No class L team should have the advantage of taking them as full wins in place of the two class L teams they should have played. It just is not fair.
On a second note, I think the class L coaches should force the NHIAA to put South in, Jake Nelson deserves it! Sorry just a little biased he is a good kid and would love to see him have a chance in a playoff game.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:11 pm

So ......... if South finishes 16th if they upset Pinkerton tomorrow night, but loses out on the tiebreaker situation and finishes 17th or 18th ChiKid would want the following to take place:

"On a second note, I think the class L coaches should force the NHIAA to put South in, Jake Nelson deserves it! Sorry just a little biased he is a good kid and would love to see him have a chance in a playoff game."

Before we hear that "ppppphhhhffffffffffttttttttt" noise which is ChiKid's can opener trying to open up a can of Class L worms, someone please turn off the power on ChiKid's house until the seedings are announced.

It would be messy for me to step on worms as I enter Class L gyms for the playoffs. affraid

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

And the 16th and final playoff seed goes to... Empty You need more sleep lol

Post  chicagokid43 Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:32 pm

Sorry I just feel bad that Nelson who I still believe is the best player in the state is going to miss the playoffs. I did not mean it should happen just a gesture of respect for what Nelson has done the last 4 years. I hate worms!

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

And the 16th and final playoff seed goes to... Empty 16th seed

Post  tarrier Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:13 pm

With my focus on Goffstown(@ BG) and Keene(vs. Memorial) both most likely losing their games on Friday to finish tied at 4-14, I can't believe I missed the fact that if South somehow knocks off Pinkerton ALL 3 teams would be tied @ 4-14! And I'm from Nashua! Sorry Panthers fans, my bad!

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:18 pm

It's OK Mr T.

This just shows you don't have the Homer-ism blood cells of Johnny Most running through your basketball veins.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

And the 16th and final playoff seed goes to... Empty Coin the Phrase

Post  chicagokid43 Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:11 pm

Homerism I think I want to buy the rights to that word. It is destined to be a sticking point here in NH for sure. Maybe even nation wide.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Guy Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:33 pm

My favorite homers,Simpson,the 1 carbo hit,the 1 fisk hit,the 1 henderson hit,and good old Johnnie Most. T@F maybe your car will take you to Nashua to see if Nashua can upset pinky and make the muddy waters a little muddier.

Big Guy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:08 pm

Normally South would be be out but because Goffstown did not play Keene, it seems the head to did not count. I find this so interesting. I do not even know if South knows this or If I am correct

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down