New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Varsity game starts at 6:30 but..

3 posters

Go down

Varsity game starts at 6:30 but.. Empty Varsity game starts at 6:30 but..

Post  chicagokid43 Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:24 pm

Well Bedford and Milford was a packed gym in Bedford and I am sure the same will occur in our even smaller gym. Are you looking for a front row seat or a seat somewhere in the gym? Front row be there by beginning of the jv game at 5. Seat in the gym, I would go with 5:45 at the latest. You are also invited to Elisha's for the beer and wings that are our tradition. As for pregame sausage I would eat on the way the crowd will run past the grill just making sure they get a seat.
I do know that this game will be the test game for both broadcasting of the game on the NHIAA website as well as live feed into our cafeteria for overflow testing for the playoff games.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Varsity game starts at 6:30 but.. Empty Re: Varsity game starts at 6:30 but..

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:02 pm

Geez, it sounds like a NC at Duke game at Cameron Stadium and Coach K's court.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:34 pm

What no press row??????

J/K beer and wings sound fantastic, however my editor has me on a tight leash...always calling asking where my article is...Wink

Thanks for the tip
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:50 am

Good one in Milford tonight...but seriously...they need to think about building a gym. It did make for a fantastic atmosphere however. Very loud, hot, sweaty...good times.

I had to restrain ChiKid from storming the court a few times, but other than that I thought the Milford fans were very cordial to the men in stripes Laughing

To the game - Milford wins by 12, 74-62. Sloppy to begin, but the defensive intensity was unreal. Up in passing lanes, high pressure...often times that leads to turnovers. I honestly don't think a lot of the turnovers were bad decisions, just forced decisions.

Marinelli for Bedford had a very nice game. He's got good body control in the paint and can finish. I was also impressed with Joe Maher and Tyler Webber who have nice inside games. Between the three of them they scored 43 points for the Bulldogs.

Milford was led by Kyle Nelson who quietly had the best game of anybody on the Spartans team. O'Loughlin, Holder and Mitchell had the highlight plays but Nelson hit the big 3's, and scored under the hoop. He was the constant in the paint to battle Webber and Maher all night.

I am fully convinced Mike O'Loughlin is one of the best finishers in the state. He runs the floor better than anybody in any class. Is obvious that him and Mitchell are on the same page and anytime Mitchell gets an outlet pass, collects a rebound or even pushes the ball up the floor after an opponent score he's looking for Mike O, or Holder streaking down a sideline. A simple look to somebody in the crowd and all of the sudden the ball is flying in the opposite direction for a layup.

I thought that Milford used their bench pretty well, although I found out later Murray told me they actually used a shorter bench than normal. That should change when they get McCallum back just before the playoffs. Found out tonight he's due back a few days prior to the first round.

Wouldn't you know it my luck I sit down on the front row and to the left of me is Scotty McCallums dad, I got Billy Collins behind me (I think) and ChiKid to the right of me. Of all the places to watch a game I'm right in the thick of things. It was perfect actually. I could have done without the student section doing the "worm" by me every timeout they had a chance but other than that I haven't had more fun at a basketball game since I was coaching. Great game, passionate fanbases, gym the size of my elementary schools and NHSportsForum contributors to boot...what more could I ask for on a Friday night except Beer and Wings at Elisha's?

Check NHSportsPage.com for the column tomorrow morning...
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:04 pm

You know it's a perfect night in Milford for ChiKid when:

1) They win
2) He eats wings and drinks beer at Elisha's
3) He doesn't stay up until the wee hours of the morning putting together a Zapruder DVD compilation of Milford Grassy Knoll conspiracy video thoeries of why the referees did what they did and scrutinize every call that went against Milford by breaking it down to a 1/100th of a slow motion breakdown.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:14 pm

Oh I'm sure there will be some instant replay for at least 2 possessions:

1 - The "block" on a breakaway as Mike O was going up for a dunk (no call)
2 - The Milford trap in the corner on Bedfords end that was called a foul only after the Bedford player threw the ball up in the air aimlessly. Milford boys appeared to be straight up.

I was actually expecting more fireworks out of the Milford faithful, but they really didn't have a lot to complain about, the only reason this game was so close was due to the amount of turnovers and relatively good D being played by both teams.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Varsity game starts at 6:30 but.. Empty WOW, I can feel the love. Corrections.

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:03 pm

Milford had a full house at Elisha's last night for about the 7th time this season. Mostly because of the Milford boys success and the fans being so festive after all of the wins. If Milford goes on to win a title the owner of Elisha's should pay for their championship rings! HE has definitely made money off their success.
I however went with Nachos and beer last night as a change of pace.
As for the referee's I do plan on posting a video for Mr T and F so he can explain the break away dunk no call where the referee never made it beyond the three point line. I felt that he was out of position because the other referee was not calling much and he started positioning himself closer to the three point line so he could see more of the inside play. There was definitely a progression as the game went on. As the game started he was about 10 feet above the three point line and as the play in question happened he had worked himself way to close to the action and on steals he could not catch up to the play going the other way.
Video to be posted soon!

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:14 pm

That's fine ChiKid. While you're making up the video for me to critique on the call of the referee can you also make up a video of the mistakes Mike Mitchell Jr. made in the game last night. I'd love to critique a "mistake video" of this fine Class I point guard.

Hopefully, the referee mistake video along with Mike Mitchell's mistake video will be posted together and very soon !! Twisted Evil

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Varsity game starts at 6:30 but.. Empty Paid Professional?

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:22 pm

Well you will continue take jabs at an 16 year old kid playing a game but that does not excuse failure of men in stripes to do their JOB. Key word being job.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:42 pm

I love and respect any person playing or connected to high school basketball in NH with the last name of:

Mitchell

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down