New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

ThursdayNight games

4 posters

Go down

ThursdayNight games Empty ThursdayNight games

Post  nhhoopguy Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:40 am

I think it would be a nice thing if every team had to play at least one game on an off night, either Thursday or Sat.
I know I would like to see other games, as it seems this year, any night you could have 2 or 3 good matchups!

nhhoopguy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

ThursdayNight games Empty Great Idea

Post  chicagokid43 Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:55 am

I think that having the girls and boys play on different nights would be good once in a while also. Give the students a chance to fill the gym to support the girls without missing a boys game or vice versa. Big match ups like the BG vs Merrimack game as well as games like Souhegan/Milford would be better suited for weekends as well.

Much more money if they did so. I do not think the NHIAA realizes how much money is lost on same day scheduling.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

ThursdayNight games Empty Re: ThursdayNight games

Post  middleschoolball Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:11 am

I don't believe the NHIAA has any objection to off night games, but the AD's do. Most schools, class L included have only one big gym at their high school that they have to share games with not only Boys & Girls Varsity & JV, plus they have Freshmen teams, and Wrestling will hold thier meets in the big gym as well. Alot of nonstop use in that gym during the week and weekends. Throw a few snowday or weather cancellations in there and it is a big problem.

middleschoolball
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:32 am

Hey...I'm from Vermont, and if we could figure it out I'm sure NH can. I don't recall it being set as Tues/Thurs for Girls and Wed/Fri for boys - it would alternate, definitely a scheduling nightmare, but there seemed to be enough gym space to go around. Those 6:00am practices on days the girls played at home were fun! What a way to get the brain warmed up for a day of learning! Idea
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  nhhoopguy Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:16 am

Do any other schools play a girls/boys double header?
Winny did last year and will again this year, with a packed house, as it is the biggest rivalry.
I also watched winny play salem last week with a tripleheader,starting with the Freshmanboys,jv boys then Varsity.

nhhoopguy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

ThursdayNight games Empty Many states pull it off.

Post  chicagokid43 Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Many states pull it off. It does not take more gym space. Just a little more thought and planning. Amount of time needed doesn't change. You would just plan that instead of same night the gyms would be booked MOnday and Tuesday wether it be home or away. Still a very easy thing to work out.
I figure if the boys and girls played on different days the attendance would go up 20 to 30 people for each game. That is a gain of 40-60 dollars for every game. Multiply that by the amount of games that are played and the amount of money that is thrown away is substantial. Where I am from the athletic Directors agree that they talk about schedules as girls on Monday and Thursday and Guys on Friday. So when the AD's set their schedules they know if your talking about a arrangement to play it is scheduled like that. Girls home on Monday,Guys away on Tuesday. Not complicated as far as setting schedule for hoops you just have to coordinate you gym space in the same fashion. To easy to keep losing the cash..

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down