New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Monday and Tuesday 1/25-1/26

2 posters

Go down

Monday and Tuesday 1/25-1/26 Empty Monday and Tuesday 1/25-1/26

Post  NH12345 Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:41 pm

We have a lot of games on a lot of different nights this week. . .

Manchfan just posted the new D1 top 8 and now we look at games that could look to stir that up. . .

#8 Memorial v. #4 North-  time to find out if Memorial is a contender or pretender.  This is a huge match up for the crusaders.  Although I do think Memorial is a contender, I just think North at home is too much to overcome.  North wins.

#7 Londonderry v. South-- South has looked impressive at times, but is still missing that big win to secure their place in the D1 Power poll.  Coleman v. Frechette should be a fun match up, but Londonderry has a better supporting cast.  Londonderry wins.

BG v. Pembroke-- BG is looking to bounce back after a hard lost battle on Friday and Pembroke is hoping for their first sign of sunlight.  BG is too athletic for Pembroke.  BG wins.

Dover v. Spaulding-- How about Spaudling taking Central down the wire?  They are going to battle and try to grind wins out, especially at the RCC.  Spaulding wins.

Alvirne v. Trinity-- I love the way Alvirne plays. . . they battle from tip to final whistle, but they just don't have the scorers to close games out.  I think you see it again tonight. . . Walsh and company are too much for the Broncos.  Trinity wins.

TUESDAY 1/26

Salem v. #5 Exeter-- Salem needs a big win, but they are playing the big three of Larkin, Holmes and Morrissette. Exeter can score in bunches and I will. Exeter wins.

Concord v. #6 Winnacunnet-- Congrats to Concord on their first win of the season, unfortunately for them they have to get back to work against Winnacunnet. Winnacunnet wins.

29-12 on the season. . . .miles behind OnTheBlock.  Mad

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Monday and Tuesday 1/25-1/26 Empty Re: Monday and Tuesday 1/25-1/26

Post  OntheBlock Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:59 pm

7-2 was accurate for Friday night. Didn't see Concord coming. 24-5 on the Season.
Busy schedule coming off of Mid-terms. This week will start to set the order in the upper half of the bracket.

#8 Memorial at # 4 North will be the game of the next two nights. North is fundamentally the better team. Memorial hasn't played in 10 days, and may be rusty. But, North's only loss was a bad one to a very athletic Central team. And, if nothing else, Memorial is athletic. I'll take Memorial in the upset.

#7 Londonderry vs South - I truly wanted to believe South was a contender. The loss to Trinity was a tough one. Closer than expected game vs. Concord. Tonight could be South's chance to move into contention. But, Stanton has the Lancer's playing well, and tonight is not the night. Londonderry wins.

BG vs Pembroke - someone breaks the losing streak tonight. Unfortunately for the Spartans, it will be Bishop Guertin

Dover vs Spaulding - pretty evenly matched game. Both teams beat Keene by 1. Both had close games against contenders ( Sp v Central, and Dover vs North). This one will come down to the wire. Dover gets the road win.

Alvirne v Trinity - Trinity has enough firepower to over come Alvirne's tough D. Trinity wins.

Tuesday, 1/26
Salem v #5 Exeter - Another rough night for Salem. Exeter wins big.

Concord v. #6 Winnicunnet - Winnicunnet is too good for the Tide. Warriors will run away with this one.

OntheBlock
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down