New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Tuesday 2/16

3 posters

Go down

Tuesday 2/16 Empty Tuesday 2/16

Post  NH12345 Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:23 pm

Back at it OnTheBlock. . . 55-23*  Notice the asterisk, that is for the Salem-Winny match-up.  I am not counting it in my season record as I was correct Salem did beat Winnacunnet, but unfortunately for Coach Mac's boys they will not get a check in the win column.

Game of the Night presented by DW Diner and DW Diner II, Home of the Take Two breakfast features #4 Merrimack v. #3 Central-- Great game. . . Merrimack will need to work hard to keep this game in the 50's to get a huge road W.  Central's focus will be controlling the tempo. . . when Merrimack tries to run and gun with their opponents it does not work in their favor (see BG game).  If Merrimack can keep Central in the 50s and grind out possessions they will come away with a win.  Merrimack wins.

South v. Alvirne-- These are the games that South needs to win if they want to host a game come March.  Alvirne plays hard nose basketball and competes.  South will be too much for an Alvirne team coming off a huge win v. Merrimack.  South wins.

Spaulding v. #7 Bedford-- Cronin's bunch is young and still adapting to the varsity level.  Bedford needs to repeat the formula used to knock off the Academy last Friday.  This is a prime situation for an upset. . . Bedford is coming off an huge upset win and Spaulding is looking for a win after the tough stretch of Memorial, North, Pinkerton.  Bedford will be too much for Spaulding. . . Bedford wins.

#6 North v. BG-- Huge win for Migs' crew at Keene last night. . . it keeps them out of that bottom 3 for the foreseeable future.  Unfortunately for the Cardinals though North is coming to town with a new found energy since Lane has returned to the sidelines.  BG has some signature wins in the C-Dome including #3 Central and #4 Merrimack. . . can they add #6 North to the list?  It will be a tough battle, but I think Hale and crew are too much for BG.  North wins.

#2 Memorial v. Concord-- Concord is a young team showing a lot of improvement, they are going to be in the discussion over the next couple of season, and Memorial is a team ready to compete for a state title.  Memorial wins.

Londonderry v. Dover-- Londonderry is just hitting their stride. . . we will be talking about Londonderry as a contender down the stretch.  Londonderry wins.

Keene v. #5 Exeter-- tough home loss for the Blackbirds and things don't get easier as they travel to Exeter.  Exeter wins.

Salem v. Pembroke-- Salem needs this game after a thrilling win that was called a heartbreaking loss on Friday.  They will come ready to go with a chip on their shoulder.  Salem wins.

#1 Pinkerton v Trinity--  Pinkerton needs a big bounce back after a 20 point loss against #7 Bedford.  Trinity is hoping to snap a 3 game losing streak.  Pinkerton is too much for the Pioneers as I predict Morris and Romick show up ready to go.  Pinkerton wins.

Last edited by NH12345 on Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong # in power ranking)

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 2/16 Empty Re: Tuesday 2/16

Post  OntheBlock Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:48 pm

Sitting in Florida, trying to find a local regional final game with no luck. 5-3 the other night, assuming NHIAA will do the right thing and give Salem the win. Brings me to 60-19 on the season.
Quick picks tonight-
#4 Merrimack vs # 3 Central - merrimack is better than #4, and they prove it tonight.
South v Alvirne - big win by Alvirne over Merrimack, but I chatted with Max Osgood over the weekend. convinced me that South will get the win.
Spaulding v #7 Bedford - Bedford hits the easier part of their schedule with a win.
#6 North v BG - big win for North tonight
#2 Memorial v Concord - Memorial does nothing to dispute their ranking. memorial wins
londonderry v Dover - will the real Lancers please stand up. londonderry wins
Keene v #5 Exeter - Exeter wins easily
Salem v Pembroke- no reason to expect much from the Spartans. Salem wins
#1 Pinkerton v Trinity - astros bounce back, and keep their ranking.

( i'll try to get more descriptive on Friday.)

OntheBlock
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Nhsports2222 Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:14 am

I heard the Exeter vs Keene had been moved tomorow due to one of the schools canceling school today

Nhsports2222
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum