New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Jan. 26th Games

+2
NH12345
Tuesday and Friday
6 posters

Go down

Jan. 26th Games Empty Jan. 26th Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:37 am

We better enjoy tonight's games because with the impending storm this Mon - Wed and another one forecast-ed for Friday, well there might not be too much basketball this week.

Trinity at Alvirne: The Broncos continue to surprise. They are in sole possession of 5th place. This game should be a fairly even one.

Central at Bedford: Little Green coming off a big road win in Rochester and Bedford coming off a tough loss to Alvirne.

Pembroke at BG: 2 teams right in the middle of the D1 Logjam. If Pemby lights it up from #-Land it could be a long night for the Cardinals.

Pinkerton at Keene: The Blackbirds are better than their record indicates and they have the paint muscle to compete with the Tall Astros.

South at Londonderry: The final of this game could be 88 to 86.

North at Memorial: The Titans are better than their record indicates. The Crusaders could receive a shot in the arm with the return of a player or 2 this week.

Exeter at Salem: 2 teams at the end of the D1 river swimming against the stream to try to climb on the Logjam.

GIRLS:

Alvirne at Trinity: Excellent game with 2 upper tier teams.

Bedford at Central: When they met in the Central holiday tournament final Bedford shot lights out and put away Central early and won by 30 plus. It should be interesting to see how this game goes.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Jan. 26th Games Empty Re: Jan. 26th Games

Post  NH12345 Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:38 pm

Great night of hoops ahead of us!

Game of the night: South at Londonderry-  T&F is right on the money with his prediction.  Neither of these teams pride themselves on defensive and both can flat out score.  We might even see a team score triple digits tonight!  If South can get hot from behind the 3 point line they have a chance.  It is tough to pick against the Lancers this season, but I love an underdog story.  The first to 80 will win this game. Even though I know Londonderry will win; I love picking an underdog, South wins a close one.

Trinity at Alvirne-  Alvirne is a solid ball club and will continue it's winning ways against a talented Trinity team that is still trying to figure out their identity.  Alvirne wins

Central at Bedford-  Central has proved they are the team to beat handing both Spaulding and Pinkerton their only loses of the season.  Central is too much for any team in the state right now they way they are playing. Central cruises

Pinkerton at Keene- It is a tough trip down 101, but the Astros of Pinkerton will be ready to go.  I agree with T&F that Keene is better than their record, but Pinkerton is as good as theirs.  Pinkerton wins.

North at Memorial-  Interesting fact that Memorial might be expanding their roster in the next couple of days.  If they get to full strength they will immediate jump to a final four team.  There are too many variables to predict this game, but I will stick with my gut.  Memorial wins.

Exeter at Salem-  Holmes and Morrisette are the real deals in the Exeter backcourt.  I know their record doesn't show it, but these two are as good as any backcourt in the state.  Holmes is one of the most dangerous scorers in the state.  Exeter will continue to improve and will be a threat come March.  Salem is still looking for some offensive, the Blue Devils love to battle, but they are missing a scorer.  Exeter wins.

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:19 pm

I just heard the Pembroke at Bishop Guertin game has been moved up to 5:30 p.m. this evening with the junior varsity game being played at 4 p.m.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  NH12345 Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:01 pm

T&F, Thanks for the update. . . I am planning on attending that game tonight!

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoopfan4 Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:08 pm

I thought that could be the case with most of tonight's games with the weather advisory kicking in at 7:00.  If anybody else hears of time changes it would great if they could post them here.

Hoopfan4
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  pejojo1 Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:51 pm

No game between Central and Bedford as of 1:50pm...

pejojo1
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Jan. 26th Games Empty Re: Jan 26 Games

Post  NHRamFan Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:50 pm

Both Alvirne/Trinity games have been moved to 4 JV and 530 Varsity.

NHRamFan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:59 pm

Kennett at Brady boys' game moved to 6:00 pm.

It seems like a lot of games have been moved up 30 to 90 minutes for tap off. If you go for the original tap off time you might be severely disappointed. I'm presuming the smallest crowds of the season will be this evening.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  The Edge Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:33 pm

Londonderry vs South games on as originally scheduled. 3 pointers will be flying like snowflakes

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:02 pm

Well, Edge can your Lancers top the 83 Alvirne hung on Trinity in their 83 to 62 victory ? Basketball ?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:37 pm

Looks like the rims were a little tight at Lancer High........ Lond 75 South 67

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down