New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Hoop Season is Here...Weekend Jamboree Schedules??

2 posters

Go down

Hoop Season is Here...Weekend Jamboree Schedules?? Empty Hoop Season is Here...Weekend Jamboree Schedules??

Post  dadncoach Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:59 am

I believe tryouts start today, at least on the girls side that I know of. Do boys tryouts start today as well?

Certainly helps ease the pain of trees down, power outages, etc. to know we will soon have some basketball viewing to fill our time. I am interested in schedules for weekend jamborees upcoming. I think there is one at Oyster River (girls) and perhaps another in Rochester (girls?) this weekend. I can't find schedules, please pass along if you have them.

Thanks!

dadncoach
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Hoop Season is Here...Weekend Jamboree Schedules?? Empty Oyster River Schedule

Post  NHRamFan Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:54 am

Teams play 16 minute games.  Revised rules re: clock stoppage; one full and one 30 T.O.'s.  Otherwise a good opportunity for coaches to get a good look at their team.  Especially needed for D1 girls, since NHIAA has only given them 11 days to hold tryouts AND prepare for their first game.  Make that ten days, since the six day rule applies.  D2 through D4 boys and girls get 18 days; D1 boys also had 11, but apparently someone complained strongly enough to the NHIAA that their start date was moved to December 4 from December 8; giving them 15 days to prepare for game 1.  So events like this and the Spaulding tournament are especially important for D1 girls in their preparation.

ORHS Girls Basketball Jamboree Schedule
Saturday, December 6, 2014
 Home (White) Away (Dark)
1:20 Portsmouth Merrimack
1:45 Portsmouth Pembroke
2:10 Merrimack Pembroke
2:35 Merrimack Coe Brown
2:50 Portsmouth Coe Brown
3:15 Pembroke Lebanon
3:50 Trinity Milford
4:15 Lebanon Coe Brown
4:40 Lebanon Trinity