@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

projections for 2013-2014?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

projections for 2013-2014?

Post  nhbballfan24 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:21 pm

Not a lot has been happening on the forum recently. I want to see other peoples opinions on whats going to happen this upcoming basketball season in NH

nhbballfan24
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Re: projections for 2013-2014?

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:19 am

It's coming. Waiting until the Jamboree for starters. Also, all the Divisions start a week or 2 later this season for some reason, so there will be a chasm of time between initial tryouts and initial games.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Projections

Post  Hooper on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:52 am

D1
Final 4
Trinity, Central Exeter BG

D2
Pembroke
Ports
Windham
Brady

D3
Conant
Newport
Berlin
Campbell

D4
Newmarket
Epping
Sunapee
Derryfield

Hooper
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

projections 2013/2014 Holiday Cheer

Post  3buoyshoops on Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:07 pm

Turkey's in the oven.........., Leaves are gone.......COLD outside.....T & F has been way tooooo quiet (must be breaking in a new whistle)...GNG'S BEEN INVISIBLE !! (truly hope he is ok and enjoying this fine holiday).....Football season is in the books........IT'S TIME EVERYONE !!!! Gotta be getting excited for the upcoming B-ball season, the high school gyms go in earnest this week as the sweet smell of sweat and the squeaky sounds of sneakers and leather echo through out the state.....................projections? predictions? guesses? top players? sleepers? Another season of Mig's loving his team and the look of disgust, Another season of DOC and high expectations and utter shock....Another season of everyone "complaining" about Keefe..too far on the floor...too loud....the pipeline of players..ect. but all he does/is....WIN/Passion/love the kid's and excel year in year out,well gotta have something to complain about. Another year of ROMPS...jumping up & down coaching his ass off and getting T'd.Another year of "Whats going on at Memorial" Another year of Fitz molding his Basketball players and teaching the x's & o's...Another year of Goody...well just another year of Goody & his sweaters.Another year of the seacoast ref's blowing whistles all night and the "Manchester" ref's leaving there's at home...AAH Another year of Spaulding bringing IT. Another year of Professor Mckenna',and Winnying..... or not.....Another year of Keene...is that place it's own country yet? Another year of Holmes looking confused......Another year of fundamentals in Salem.....Another year of.... is this the year Nashua's have two top teams..?,Another year of Jeremy.......and through all the yelling fans and anticipation, opinions, expectations, drama, high's and low's, we love it and come out for the fine young men that bust there butts week in and week out when we are no-where to be found to enjoy the simple game of Basketball and watch these fine young men try to WIN. BRING IT !!!! T &F Ogunquit's 8 month's away......JAF.. has Mig's got the pieces? talent? Mikey who afta Central is gonna be good? Seacoast Dad?? anything any good on the Seacoast this Season besides the Lobster?? Lets let it fly boyz should be Another great season for the player's, Fan's . Not soo much the ref's... who cares they're paid. Who's the 2014 Champion in All divisions? Best Player's ect.ect.ect.ect...............HAPPY & SAFE THANKSGIVING TOO ALL...................................

3buoyshoops
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:36 pm

Wow, looks like 3Buoys has already had about 5 cups of coffee to go with his 3 Bloody Marys sunny affraid affraid Cuz he's WIDE AWAKE on this Thanksgiving morning !!!!

Maine correction 3Buoys. It's 8 months until Moody Beach, but everything up there is the way:

Life Ought To Be

Are you making your turkey with Lobster stuffing? Still have the scent of the maple pecan French toast from your establishment........

GNG sadly is retired from the Forum. He has put his tail between his brow beaten legs and walked away silently. The words silent and GNG aren't used too often in the same sentence. silent 

Trinity and Central are certainly the 2 top teams in D1. It seems like both teams spent their off seasons like Brian Cashman and Theo Epstein Circa 2003 to 2007 bolstering their rosters for a run at the Ship. Trinity will be tough with the Pinky transfer Testa. Central added the Sunshine State brothers who are both players. They also added West transfer sharpshooter Nolan Flynn, which was confirmed to me this week. Like I said Red Sox/Yankees of the last 10 years........ Will there be any Tampa Bay's, Angel's or Rangers' out there? Well, you can start with Exeter, BG, Spaulding and Londonderry. Memorial??? I wish I had an hour or 2 to talk about the happenings at 1 Crusader Way basketball court. Sure I'm forgetting a team or 2 to contend, but gotta go help the wife with Turkey hosting duties.

Nice to hear from you 3Buoys. You should consider writing for the NHN, NH Sports Page etc. I like your Ernest Hemingway, Mike Lupica & Bob Ryan style of writing. You certainly have a Je ne se quois style to your keyboard Wink Wink 

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the Forum members !!!

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  BoscoD39 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:07 pm

Isn't the only real question "Is this the year Timberlane ends the streak?" I say it is.

BoscoD39
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  nhbballfan24 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:39 am

BoscoD39 wrote:Isn't the only real question "Is this the year Timberlane ends the streak?"  I say it is.
I can honestly say that this a great question for this upcoming season. could this Actually be the year that timberlane gets THE win?? with the loss of testa from pinkerton, im not saying that the Astros are going to hand it to them but im not sure how good the Astros are going to end up being this year. Also with the red sox/ yankee rivalry and other wild card teams coming in, I can definitely see Spaulding, Londonderry, and BG all being contenders for teams to watch out for this year

nhbballfan24
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  dcpmap on Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:19 pm

nhbballfan24 wrote:
BoscoD39 wrote:Isn't the only real question "Is this the year Timberlane ends the streak?"  I say it is.
I can honestly say that this a great question for this upcoming season. could this Actually be the year that timberlane gets THE win?? with the loss of testa from pinkerton, im not saying that the Astros are going to hand it to them but im not sure how good the Astros are going to end up being this year. Also with the red sox/ yankee rivalry and other wild card teams coming in, I can definitely see Spaulding, Londonderry, and  BG all being contenders for teams to watch out for this year
I think your way off with regards to PA. They will be the biggest team in Div 1 with ALL the pieces necessary to compete at the highest level. Luke Rosinski (sophomore) had a great AAU season and will be one of the best players this year. I'd be surprised if they did not finish in the top 4.

dcpmap
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad on Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:31 pm

Update from Clipper Nation -- Portsmouth will be relying on speed and defense this year.  Clippers should be deep at the guard position, led by Donovan Phanor, but will need some help up front.  Patrick Glynn and Devonn Wilson-Miles should anchor the front court, but some younger bigs will need to step up.  Defense, as always, will be a big key for Portsmouth.  They have led D-2 in scoring defense each of the last four years, and you know Coach Mulvey will have them peaking in late February.  Looking forward to another fun season in Stone Gymnasium.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  dj5hoop on Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:38 am

December 17th will be like black Friday around here (except it's a Tuesday). Trinity hosts Central on opening night. You may have to camp out in order to get a seat. I will probably attend last period just to make sure I'm in.

The loser of that game has the ability to win the next 17.

I haven't seen everyone but as far as projections go (D1) Trinity and Central appear to be the favorites. BG, Exeter and Merrimack will be contenders and Memorial, Londonderry and Bedford will be battling to make it to contender status. I expect Spaulding to be tough as they have some size and are well coached. Pinkerton is big and big used to win. The game is about speed, athleticism and defense now. The bottom feeders (they know who they are so no need to rub salt in the wound) will be similar to last year.

Not sure who the "surprise" team will be this year. Last year it was supposedly BG because they weren't given the proper respect in the preseason projections. Some teams will compile a nice record by taking advantage of an early easy schedule. Who is this season's paper tiger and who is a sleeper???

dj5hoop
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  bball101 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:04 pm

Winni will be in the final 4 this year, I think they have very good guards in ruffin and knollmeyer, they were the middle of the pack last year while being projected as a top 5 team, they return some key players and i think they are being over looked this year

bball101
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

jamboree

Post  Guest on Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:56 pm

Just sat through my 1st 5hr Of hoop this season.Hanover, Leb, mascoma, newport, Epping, Pittsfield, and sunapee. Sunapee hosted the jamboree, very well run thank you coach Tenney for having this early event. 

Hanover was the best team there today. So well coached, and they have 10 different player that are all very skilled. Couple of bigs that can really play. 

Leb is very athletics, Nick Shepard looked strong on both ends of the floor. 1st K.J. Matte sighting at varsity level, great kid.. look out P.A. Friday the 13th opener in Len. Very scare team.

Mascoma is big. Hammond works hard in the middle. Hard working group.

Newport still young. 3 seniors with very little experience. Houde and Coronis did what the do normally,(play hard and fast) Derrick Para is going to keep defences honest. Double Houde or Coronis and you will pay.

Epping was very good.

Sunapee ran hard, Matt Tenney is so fundamentally sound. Gamer fun to watch.

Pittsfield was small and fast lots of 3 balls. Full court press was tough with all that speed. 

No injuries for any of the teams, don't no how as for it was very physical as early season hoop tends to be.

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No personal attacks please. This is your warning. It will be a long season, but a short one for you here on the Forum with another personal attack like this one.)

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:31 pm

A friendly reminder on some of the rules here on the Forum:

Please abide by the following rules when posting:

1. No flaming, i.e. no blatant remarks of hatred, etc. on any other poster, player, team or school. Additionally - do not speculate about a players grades, or academics unless they are in a positive fashion.
2. Be respectful, if you wouldn't say it to your grandmother, don't say it here, you won't last long.
3. Bring intelligent discussion to the table and enjoy this for what it is, individual opinion.

Time to amend the rules slightly as our user base has grown. The following is how "bans" will work:

2 Week Ban - If your posts require editing by a moderator 3 times. Based on severity of those posts it could be LESS than 3 times as designated by the Moderators and Forum Administrator.
1 Month Ban - Editing of a single post after previous banning. Repeat offenders.
Year Ban - 3 strikes an you're out. Repeat Repeat offenders.
Lifetime Ban - Repeated Banning, and intentionally attacking forum members, players, coaches referees, etc.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Scott Houde

Post  Twenty two on Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:10 pm

Scott Houde you get chastised for negative comments and remove your moniker to a "guest" poster....interesting, angry because Pembroke went 25 and 0 after your son left? Those boys are STILL your sons friends. They supported Andrew and went to his playoff games, why so much animosity? We ALL want every single one of these boys to succeed!!

Twenty two
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:29 pm

Just to clarify - if a user deletes their account their old posts turn to "Guest". That is what happened here. Scott made a decision to leave the forum, so that is that.

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  mmartineaunhti2015 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:44 am

Just to let you know, I have info that there is going to be another assistant coach on the central team. His name is Michael Martineau

mmartineaunhti2015
All-State
All-State

https://www.youtube.com/user/MichaelMartineaumchs

Back to top Go down

projections 2013/2014

Post  3buoyshoops on Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:51 am

Opening night of the D1 season and everybody has been extremely quiet on the chatter of D1 boy's hoops, usually this site is boiling over with opinions, projections and sheer hopes that their team/town is going to be good enough to contend this year. Has everyone just conceded the D1 championship to either Trinity or Central?? or are the teams that bad? or has parody set into the d1 ranks so deep you just dont know????????. Well i've been watching d1 hoops in this state for 20 years and if there's one thing i do know its a long season and ANYTHING can and usually will/does happen to make it exciting and pretty unpredictable night in and night out. One thing for sure is that the schedule maker over there at NHIAA should be looking for work. in a society that we emphasize safety/parody/rest more than ever in athletics there sure are alot of 3 games in 1 week and back to backs with travel that leaves one scratching there head.Other teams left with 1 game weeks and longer lay-offs that deflates rythm. just one gym rats opinion.Anyway i'm not conceding the championship to either Trinity or Central albeit they're loaded again and are favorites more often than not it seems. Without further ado: D1 REGULAR SEASON:1. Trinity, respect, defending champions, well coached and loaded for a repeat,2.CENTRAL, Should be called transfercentral, Loaded and deep, physical and cocky, and yes skilled. After those two for a regular season I too agree next 5 could finish 3rd or 7th.3. Merrimack, Gendron, gendron, gendron, if they come together as a TEAM they could be formidable, they will win alot of games but do they have enough????? I say no.4. Winnacunnet, depth, players that have been on varsity for a long time, sound coaching, will be a tough opponent and a tough out. they should with the experience have a solid regular season. 5. BG, always hovers around the top 7, solid program, good coaching, Mig's "loves" em, but they dont have enough this year,plenty of great looks from Mig's though, and they will bring it hard.6. Exeter, depth, skilled, intelligent, a solid team top to bottom that will bring it, do they have enough??.7. Pinky, they are gonna surprise alot of teams, they're big, rugged, Long with big wing spans, can they come together to have a good regular season i think so. but have seen it fall apart over there way to often, Parody of the N'th degree 5: Spaulding, Londonderry, Alvirne, Bedford, Nashua South, MAYBE next year: Nashua North, Keene, Concord, Memorial, Bottom feeder's this year:: Manchester West, Dover,Timberlane........"Timberline gonna break through this year" I SAY WHO CARES!!. should have petitioned down years ago to build program and confidence/winning, program has been in shambles for years now. Man. West consolidate the school already. Dover, Just a way down year for Romps and it could get ugly.......the official D1 Season Throw's down tonight with 2 d1 games one in Rochester @ 7 and one over at Man. west @ 6:30.........Should be a Fun Season..................Enjoy everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.  :

3buoyshoops
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  The Edge on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:45 pm

Parity - the quality or state of being equal or equivalent
Parody - : a piece of writing, music, etc., that imitates the style of someone or something else in an amusing way

Agree with your list for the most part. I drop Pinky way down. I move Londonderry up to top 6.

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:44 pm

3buoys: Any chance of fresh Maine lobster rolls if I go to West tonight?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:13 pm

My Top 10:

1) Trinity - They have all the components to repeat. Developing quality depth will be key to repeat.

2) Central - They have a lot of nice players, quality depth and are hungry to get past their quarterfinal loss to BG last season.

3) Exeter - I just have a gut feeling this team will have a nice season and will go far in the post season.

4) Merrimack - Gendron might be the best player. They have to have consistent #2 and #3 scorers to break through.

5) BG - A solid cast to compete night in and night out. In case you haven't heard..... Migs LOVES this team.  I love you 

6) Londonderry - If Coveny has a solid season and every one buys into the system, the Lancers will ride high.

7) Winny - Solid backcourt, but lack of consistent Bigs might be their Achilles heal against upper echelon teams.

Eight) Bedford - The coaching staff is in a "wait & see mode", but people who've seen them say they're legit Top 8.

9) Spaulding - Lowest I've had them in a few years, but it wouldn't surprise me to see them in the Top 5 at end of season.

10) South, Alvirne and Memorial should compete for this seeding area.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:21 am

I'm kicking myself for not including Salem and one of my Fav coaches, Rob McLaughlin, as one of my teams to compete for a Top 8 seed.

There I did it and can now put my head safely to my pillow tonight  Sleep 

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:21 am

Huge amount of kudos to 3Buoys for kicking off my season in fine fashion last night at the beautiful West gym. He brought the largest Lobster roll in Maine down for me last night. It took the whole 1st quarter to eat the 2 poundish Lobster roll.

Eating a fresh Maine Lobster roll while watching the start of the HS basketball season in D1:

THE WAY LIFE OUGHT TO BE

I believe the ball (food) is now firmly in the Edge's court to try to trump in my next visit to the Lancer court  Wink 

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  The Edge on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:33 pm

Tuesday and Friday wrote:Huge amount of kudos to 3Buoys for kicking off my season in fine fashion last night at the beautiful West gym. He brought the largest Lobster roll in Maine down for me last night. It took the whole 1st quarter to eat the 2 poundish Lobster roll.

Eating a fresh Maine Lobster roll while watching the start of the HS basketball season in D1:

THE WAY LIFE OUGHT TO BE

I believe the ball (food) is now firmly in the Edge's court to try to trump in my next visit to the Lancer court  Wink 

I have no prayer of trumping a two pound lobster roll. Honestly, can't believe you ate that whole thing by yourself. I can arrange for the entire Lancer Marching Band to welcome you with your choice of music as long as it from the band Chicago which is the only thing I ever hear them play.

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:13 pm

Quite frankly Edge, a hot dog, bag of chips and a soda while listening to 25 or 6 to 4 being played by one of the finest HS bands in the United States would be just fine.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Be careful

Post  littlegreen on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:31 pm

NO food in the lancers gym. the little gym Nazi will kick your rear end right out. Be very careful.....

littlegreen
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum