New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

QCIBT Results

+2
Jeremy Leveille
Tuesday and Friday
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

QCIBT Results - Page 2 Empty Re: QCIBT Results

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:00 pm

There were a lot of answers, but some questions from the Holiday tournaments:

Answer - South has found their footing in the back court with Joseph and Muccioli. It seems like this young back court tandem will be able to keep the Panther ship afloat while awaitng Jake Nelson's return.

Answer - The dynamic soph back court of Williams and Gauthier are what "I thought they were going to be." One night running on all 8 cylinders leading the Titans to a big victory and then sputtering on another night needing a tune up for the Titan car while losing to a team that makes you say, "how could North lose to THAT team?

Answer - Trinity found out they can get valuable minutes form their underclassmen back court subs like Lafond and Hamel. Lafond is a defensive pest that will pick your pocket anytime you get lazy with the dribble. Hamel can hit an occasional 3 while providing grit and hustle. These 2 can help stem the point guard chasm created by Hayden's ankle injury heading into January.

Answer - Memorial can rely on valuable minutes off the bench from Desire and Martinez. These 2 juniors help fill a void in a different way. Martinez can handle the ball and create slashes to the hoop while Martinez gives valuable contributions playing post players much bigger than him. Martinez, while giving up a few inches to most, makes the bigs earn their points and can muscle for defensive rebounds and help hold the opposition to 1 -2 shots as opposed to 2 - 3 shots.

Answer - Class M and Class I are a lot closer to each other in talent and quality teams. Class M and I are also a lot closer to Class L in talent and quality teams. Campbell and Bedford had an excellent showing vs. Class L teams in the Nashua Tournament. Class L has had a drop off in quality big men and talented depth for the last 5 years and it shows in these cross over games in the Holiday Tournaments. There were about 9 - 10 players in Class L that were D1 or D2 players in the last 5 years. I don't think that will happen in the next 2 - 3 years in Class L. The overall depth of talent has had a drop off in Class L while the better teams in I and M are more talented as of late. If they ever had a TRUE STATE CHAMPION in this state, you would have to seriously wonder if it would come from Class L, I or M. Even Gene Hackman would salivate at the thought of a 4 team(Class L, I, M and S) tournament to conclude the season at the end of the year and crown a TRUE STATE CHAMPION. Sadly, with the fact this state is so in the box for basketball thinking, this probably won't happen in our lifetimes.

Question - Alvrine Broncos. Even though there are some mild questions for some teams, Trinity with Hayden's ankle, South with Nelson returning, can Dover shoot 60% for the year, will the Merrimack seniors go out in style, will BG be #1 from Jan to last game in March and a few others.... the biggest question is what Alvrine team will we see in 2010. The Broncos didn't exactly have a confidence boosting Nashua Tournament. Did they take it seriously? According to reports they didn't play their regular rotations. This to me is puzzling. Alvrine did not have a great summer or fall - no problem. In the general scheme of things the off season schedules don't hold a lot of weight. I thought Alvrine might win the Nashua Tournament. They seemed to sputter in this tournament. Maybe they will start slowly in 2010 and build for the same run they had at the end of 2009. We are 5 days away from the start up of the regular season and if there is one team that has more questions than any other in Class L it is the Alvrine Broncos.

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:58 pm

I wouldn't read too much into Alvirne's questions...in my past experience with Coach Bonney he uses that tournament as a trial period with his players (while always trying to win of course). But he'll play with on court combinations as games go along. In the last 2 years they've been slow starting teams, that have advanced to Durham both times. They'll be allright I think, but they've got to have their seniors step up and be leaders.

Your point on Dover and their shooting is a good point - but if nothing else it shows they can beat anybody in Class L on any given night. Great post as usual T&F...when is your website coming Smile
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

QCIBT Results - Page 2 Empty Website?

Post  chicagokid43 Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:51 pm

No more website, I think T and F needs to do a PPV Friday evening show with discussion of scores and highlights of games. Could you imagine T and F interviewing the class L coaches from Manchester and doing a round table discussion. Week two could be Class I coaches. Player interviews and Jeremy coming in to do his rankings and big movers for the week. I think you could get a half hour and 2.99 for the viewing from at least 5 or 6 people in NH on a inconsistent basis. lol

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:35 pm

That would be a treat ChiKid. I would love to have a Friday HS Basketball Show, but the professionals at WGAM do a great job with their show. I'll leave it to them. The only draw back to doing a show like that is you can't actually get out and watch a game that night. That would be a killer. The best is on Friday night when you've watched your close HS game and you're driving home and tune it to 1250 AM. If the Monarchs aren't on, then around 9:00 pm they have reports from about 4 to 8 games with correspondents detailing games, last minute heroics and interviews with raspy voiced coaches who just gave their blood and sweat in the coaches box for 60 to 90 minutes. If the Monarchs are on you have to wait until 10:00 to 10:30 for a shorter show to come on.

They have a nice Saturday morning show that recaps the Friday games. They'll usually have 4 to 6 coaches that give good insight to their teams and their opponents and games played or games to be played the following week. Pete Tarrier heads up the shows and does an excellent job. If you are a fan of high school basketball and haven't checked it out, turn the dial to 1250 Friday nights after 9:00 pm and Saturday mornings at 8:00 am. If they do it again this season you'll be very pleased.

If you receive MCTV then you can check out all the Manchester schools in the QCIBT games. They have been replaying them all this week. That would be Ch. 16 on your Manchester and greater Manchester cable if you have Comcast.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Leveille Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:42 pm

Thanks for the plug, T+F. The first week of Friday Night Lights basketball 2010 on WGAM is this upcoming Friday, January 8.

Jeremy Leveille
All-State
All-State

http://www.nhnotebook.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:08 pm

No problem Jeremy. I'm looking forward to the first Friday Night Lights basketball on WGAM. After shoveling and plowing all afternoon from this double punch blizzard my mind started to wander about........

........ if there was a NH Sports Forum HS basketball radio show on Fridays there would be segments by:

- Tulliver with behind the scenes pieces on coaches, players and teams. Tully would be sort of a TMZ or ET segment person.

- PANTHADAD and G-Bear would give us the low down on the Nashua/Merrimack scene.

- Mr. Mitchell would have his referee of the week. He would pick out a ref who he thought did a good job blowing a Fox 40, for a change. Mr. M would also pick out one play that had an interesting rule interpretation and effect on the game, then he would compare it to the FIBA rule book and show how it would've benefitted the other team if the game was played in Croatia.

- Mrs Mitchell would have a HS basketball Mom's "Cooks Corner" that would show how to cook for the husband/basketball fan who's never home during any basketball week.

- Jeremy Leveille would have his power rankings update, game ball give away and sleeper player of the week.

- NH Hoops would tell us what happened this day in NH HS basketball in 1982, 1996 or 1975. He would also give us one anecdote about Stan Spirou. I'm sure NH Hoops has enough stories on Coach Spirou that would take up the next decade.

- The ASST would tie everything together by moderating the evening while taking home a copy of Mrs Mitchell's latest recipe.

- Me, I would just enjoy the fact I was in a 70 degree studio or a 70 degree gym watching 32 minutes of basketball instead of being out in the wintry fury I just experienced for the last 4 hours.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:53 pm

Only if my segment can track the condition in Goody's shirt too!

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:03 pm

That would be more TMZ than ET, Tully. ET has more hard hitting reports than TMZ. You doing a piece on coaches' wardrobes would definitely be interesting.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:06 pm

Yeah but I'll need filler because I won't be able to remotely touch anything involving a ref as it would be repetitive of Mr. Mitchell's piece.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:29 pm

That's only if Mr. Mitchell is given the PRIVILIGE of talking about referees in a good light. He can't make up for years of verbal vitriolic vile being slung towards the hard working men and women in black&white or grey pinstriped shirts, who give their all making sure the HS basketball games in NH are played on an even and judiscious hardcourt. Only when Mr. Mitchell has come to this awakening can he be given the PRIVILIGE of talking about referees in an enlightening manifestation.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:30 pm

I think that would make an excellent transition segment from Tullys fashionista report to ChiKids breakdown of the refereeing. I could make it work. Sounds like the magic nh sports forum bus is being transformed before our eyes into a production vehicle... Very Happy
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:32 pm

Tully I think you're ok segmenting and overlapping on the refereeing, but something tells me we don't want ChiKid doing the same on your wardrobe piece...
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:38 pm

I would rather see ChiKid doing a segment on CRITICISM of officials than doing one on fashion.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2