New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Division 2 talk

3 posters

Go down

Division 2 talk Empty Division 2 talk

Post  bumper Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:38 pm

Trinity, Plymouth, Milford, St Thomas.  That is the way I see it. Portsmouth will beat up on the bad teams but struggle with the good ones.  St Thomas is for real. There is a new king in the seacoast.

Plymouth over Trinity now, but playoff time Trinity will rule the roost as long as the G-man stays healthy.

Are there any D 2 fans out there?

Last edited by bumper on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

bumper
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Division 2 talk Empty Re: Division 2 talk

Post  bigkidsdad Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:25 pm

Bumper I believe Plymouth will go undefeated the rest of this season including the championship.the"G" man looked like he had no answer for Plymouth on either side of the ball.Plymouth has way to much going for it for anyone in d2 to compete.Gman can't do it by himself.

bigkidsdad
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:57 am

bumper wrote:Trinity, Plymouth, Milford, St Thomas.  That is the way I see it. Portsmouth will beat up on the bad teams but struggle with the good ones.  St Thomas is for real. There is a new king in the seacoast.

Plymouth over Trinity now, but playoff time Trinity will rule the roost as long as the G-man stays healthy.

Are there any D 2 fans out there?
St. Thomas is not quite ready to wear the crown in the Seacoast.  Portsmouth did struggle with St. Thomas tonight, for one quarter.  Three Portsmouth turnovers led to a 14-0 STA lead after one.  Portsmouth then scored 42 straight points in quarters two and three to take a 42-14 lead.  The teams exchanged some garbage time touchdowns, and Portsmouth won 49-28.  Big matchup for the Clippers next Saturday, at Plymouth.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:43 pm

Wow. Just listened to the Portsmouth-Plymouth game on WTSN with Justin McIsaac on play-by-play. Portsmouth defeated Plymouth 27-22 after being down 15-0 at halftime and 22-7 early in the 4th quarter.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:33 am

Congratulations to the Plymouth Bobcats and Coach Lenahan on their D-2 Championship, 21-14 over Portsmouth in overtime.  It was a great game to watch.  I think the difference came down to the battle of turnovers and field position, of which Plymouth won both.  Both teams played with class and sportsmanship.

Plymouth was definitely the best team in D-2 this year.  In a division where teams were allowed to request their non-conference opponents, Plymouth's strength of schedule in non-conference opponents was highest in the division, as four of their five opponents ended up with either 7 or 8 wins (Portsmouth, Windham, Merrimack Valley and Trinity).  Even with playing 1-8 Kingswood, their non-conference opponents overall winning percentage was 0.689.  Trinity had the 2nd toughest non-conference schedule (0.622), and Laconia, Hanover and Hollis-Brookline were tied for third (0.600).  Monadnock had the second easiest schedule (0.400), playing just one non-conference opponent with a winning record.

I think I am finally thawing out.  It was 36 degrees and windy throughout the game.  Brrrrrr.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  bigkidsdad Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:12 am

It was a great game between two terrific teams that both deserved to be there it was a classic and cold game .Congratulations to both teams.

bigkidsdad
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down