New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Tony Barksdale

3 posters

Go down

Tony Barksdale Empty Tony Barksdale

Post  Crazy Carl Everett Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:18 pm

Some of you may have heard the tragic news of the passing of former Souhegan HS basketball player Tony Barksdale. He graduated in 2012. Tony was a lunchpail type player. By no means a star, but was willing to do the dirty work and an ultimate team player.

I post this because I coached Tony in youth basketball and baseball for many years in Amherst. He was the most respectful and polite kid I ever coached in my 15 years of coaching youth sports. He would do anything to garner the satisfaction of his coach, but at the same time was youthful and full of spirit.

He went on to play Varsity hoops and football at Souhegan and was the ultimate teammate in both sports. Earned a scholarship to study Engineering at Boston University due to his hard work in the classroom. I don't pretend to know his parents much more than to say I know his Mom and Stepdad were beyond proud of his accomplishments on and off the playing fields and were extremely proud of all that he accomplished, and were pleasant and gracious in all our interactions. Please Keep Anthony Barksdale II in your thoughts tonight. It's a tragic loss of a very special person who will unfortunately never have the opportunity to reach his full potential. RIP Tony.

Crazy Carl Everett
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Tony Barksdale Empty Re: Tony Barksdale

Post  Titan222 Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:20 pm

Im very sorry for ur lost

Titan222
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  CasualFan Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:44 pm

Sorry for your loss. Thoughts & prayers to the family and friends.

CasualFan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down