@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Dave Haley's Thursday Thoughts

Go down

Dave Haley's Thursday Thoughts Empty Dave Haley's Thursday Thoughts

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:44 am

You have to Love Love Love I love you I love you I love you Dave Haley's Thursday Thoughts on the NH Sports Page. He covers every single game tomorrow night with a blurb. Unbelievable.

Here's some hilights from the column:

So here we are again and today instead of previewing the seven or eight biggest games of the weekend we're going to take a quick look at every single game played around the state this weekend. This will either be my best idea or my worst of 2013 with no in between..

On the other side if we are picking sides on the playground and centers go first I'll take Jack Preston. The next guy would surely be just as happy to grab Jeff Lunn, Tong Akot or Tyler Livingston (Mabor Gabriel is not a center btw) but if I'm getting that first pick I'm taking the big guy from South, who is playing like a beast since he came back from his one game suspension..

All of the sudden Salem has won three of four and when Andrew Ruffen is scoring (15.7 ppg over that stretch) this team has enough offense to beat good teams.

Coach Holmes told us on our show that they may have been 0-4 but they also started out with a brutal schedule. He was dead on because look at how the remaining slate break out for them; 2-11 Concord, 5-8 Salem, 1-11 Manchester West, 3-9 Keene and 9-3 Manchester Memorial.

You tell me how the Blue Hawks don't stay at .500 or above the rest of the way...

It's a funny coincidence that Eric Gendron and Trinity's Mabor Gabriel each had 31 points in wins Tuesday night because I'm not sure anyone in the state is playing better than those two are right now.

Strange to see Pinkerton sort of become the punching bag of Division I this season (one player opposing player tweeted recently after a game against the Astros ‘They have as many wins as they do thousands of students') but when you win as often as they have people are going to pile on when you lose (See: Lakers, Los Angeles).

It's been a long season already for Timberlane, a team that hasn't scored 40 points in a game in three weeks.

In all my years of recording the game statistics of Trinity basketball one thing really sticks out; they never lose games they aren't supposed to.Trinity takes care of business in games like this better than any other team in the division and it's why they are one of the best programs in the state.

Think Pembroke will be up for this one?

Some of the faces may have changed but this is the Coe-Brown team that walked into the Spartans gym and ended their season in the quarterfinals last March. Things even got a little testy in the hand shake line so if you think Rene Maher, Matt Persons, Jordan Williams and Patrick Welch aren't coming out with smoke coming out of their ears for this one you're crazy.

When you look around the state and pick out the coaches that are getting the most out of their teams Lucas Croteau, in his first year at Bow, his first year out of college for that matter, is on that list. He's done a terrific job in year one and coaches around Division III that I've spoken to have taken notice.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Dave Haley's Thursday Thoughts Empty Awesome Preview Dave.

Post  GNG on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:05 pm

You previewed every the game in the state EXCEPT the one I care about. No

BG - NORTH tonight. Shocked

It's ok . I have seen enough of Guertin lately. BG without Boykins is like the forum without T@ F. It would still be ok , but not that great. : Crying or Very sad

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Dave Haley's Thursday Thoughts Empty Re: Dave Haley's Thursday Thoughts

Post  Tulliver on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:12 pm

I don't even have to look at the calendar to know it's Valentine's Day when GNG is throwing out I love you to T&F

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:36 pm

the Circle of Love would be complete if foxy lady could come on and throw some love our way

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Crossover on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:07 pm

Great job Dave!!.....good stuff!

Crossover
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  The Edge on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:02 pm

I agree great job. Tough to read the Lancer insight but the the truth hurts or as T&F would say it La vérité fait mal

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Dave Haley's Thursday Thoughts Empty HE'S BACK.

Post  GNG on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:36 am

Right when I think I am out they suck me back in. Cool

Boykins is back, and the timing couldn't be better.

Without him, they very well could have been a 1 and done in the tourny.

He changes the tempo. Not many can keep up with his speed.

Plus he passes.

He is too aggresive defensively. He has to dial it down. The games I have been to he has been in early foul trouble. BG can't afford it with this team. NO DEPTH at guard. This kid has to be on the floor for Guertin to have a chance.

BG won 70 - 61 against North. Lunn had 28 points and 18 boards. Boykins not only helps BG's chances, it also helps Lunn's chances. Having someone able to bring the ball up and pass it down in the blocks can only increase POY value.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  HaleyNHsports on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:27 am

Good grief GNG it doesn't take much...

Thank you for all the positive feedback, greatly appreciated.

I'm at Merrimack tonight for the Memorial game, anyone else heading over?

Excited to do the show with Pete tomorrow, the one week break was nice, my daughter let me sleep in until 7:15...but a lot to discuss and we'll have Seth Garon of Alvirne in studio the last half-hour and Mike Heaney from Souhegan in hour one.

HaleyNHsports
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:35 am

Dave, hopefully with your reporting skills you can find out the status of all the players on the Memorial team. Although Coach Quirk can sometimes be cantankerously crusty, your warmth sunny sunny as a person and the face of NH Sportspage can maybe soften up the Crusader coach for some answers.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum