New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Season is halfway done for these 2 teams.

+7
goldenbear
BoscoD39
Crossover
HaleyNHsports
SeacoastDad
Tuesday and Friday
GNG
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Season is halfway done for these 2 teams. Empty Season is halfway done for these 2 teams.

Post  GNG Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:23 pm

I thought a certain Saturday morning radio cohost might find these stats interesting. Shocked

Central 9 wins zero losses. Combined records of teams that Central has played, 22 wins 40 losses.

BG 8 wins 1 loss. Combined records of teams BG has played, 28 wins 43 losses.

Central's 2nd half of season opponents records, 41 wins 30 losses.

BG's 2nd half of season opponents records, 35 wins 36 losses.

Seems to me that Central has played a much easier 1st half schedule.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Season is halfway done for these 2 teams. Empty Re: Season is halfway done for these 2 teams.

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:56 pm

Thorn in Dave Haley's side.

Pebble in his shoe.

Ice patches on his walk way.

Unheated cold leather car seat on his posterior.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Season is halfway done for these 2 teams. Empty Re: Season is halfway done for these 2 teams.

Post  GNG Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:39 pm

You misunderstand T@F.

I am more like

comfy slippers for tired feet. I love you

Warm hat for a cold head. I love you

Hot soup on a chilly night. I love you

A real girlfriend for a certain ND football player. Sorry Dave , couldn't resist. Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:51 pm

I have to admit. I'm looking forward to conversing wit Dave about Mantei's romantic relationships.
Twisted Evil
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:48 am

GNG wrote: I thought a certain Saturday morning radio cohost might find these stats interesting. Shocked

Central 9 wins zero losses. Combined records of teams that Central has played, 22 wins 40 losses.

BG 8 wins 1 loss. Combined records of teams BG has played, 28 wins 43 losses.

Central's 2nd half of season opponents records, 41 wins 30 losses.

BG's 2nd half of season opponents records, 35 wins 36 losses.

Seems to me that Central has played a much easier 1st half schedule.

Love this stuff. To break it down a little further:
Slight correction of above: the combined records of teams that Central has played is actually 22-49 (I think you left out Timberlane (0-9)).

I assume that GNG did not include unbeaten Trinity in the analysis because, through the quirk of playing an 18 game schedule in a 20 team division, Central and BG do not play each other in the regular season this year. Trinity's "non-opponent" this year is Pinkerton.

Central and BG have played 6 common opponents thus far, and each has played 3 non-common opponents: Central has played Merrimack (5-3), Concord (1-7) and West (1-7), and BG has played Memorial (6-2), Winnacunnet (4-4) and Bedford (3-5). This is where the disparity comes in, and will reverse in the 2nd half of the schedule, where BG will play Merrimack/Concord/West and Central will play Memorial/Winnacunnet/Bedford.

The top-tier teams that both Central and BG have yet to play are Trinity (8-0), South (7-1) and Spaulding (7-1).

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  HaleyNHsports Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:43 pm

We are covering BG/Trinity next Tuesday night..Pete and Jon Kesty will be in the house.

We are trying to see if we can cover half of Trinity's games apparently.

HaleyNHsports
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Crossover Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:00 pm

One of the best things about NH Sports Page was how they covered numerous teams/games over the course of a season.....

I mean Trinity is a great team but lets expand.....heck I haven't been to one Trinity game this year but I can name players 8-10 on their roster just by reading NH Sports Page Very Happy

What are the chances of Dave getting Pete to a D3 game this season Question Question

Crossover
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  BoscoD39 Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:56 pm

Keep in mind BG struggled to beat Timberlane at home (losing in the 3rd quarter), while Central put up 90 at Timberlane.

BoscoD39
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  HaleyNHsports Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:05 pm

Crossover I'm with you 1,000%, trust me....

But....

We haven’t covered BG yet (on video) and I really want to plus GNG is two weeks away from mocking John Calipari on Twitter for not recruting Jeff Lunn. So this might buy Calipari another week..he's got enough problems to deal with already.

I annually get to the Trinity/Central game (my favorite game of the year) so yes...they'll be on two more times but we are spreading it out after this week. I'll be all the way up in Lisbon next Friday night when they play Littleton and I can guarantee you that night Pete & Jon will not be at Trinity..

BTW our guests for the show Saturday are Tim Goodridge of Merrimack and Buddy Trask of Colebrook. I'm excited about both but really excited about coach Trask, listen in because it is fascinating to listen to the northern coaches and what they deal with and how they have to work around obstacles a D 1 or D2 would never even imagine. Coach Trask has over 500 career wins and he's going to be a great guest. Hope everyone can listen.

HaleyNHsports
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:39 pm

If Jeff Lunn wins POY........

I want Dave Haley to present it to him.

I want GNG to join for the photo op.

And I want to take the picture.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:43 pm

And if people are wondering why Lunn only had 9 points against Winny, when Winny doesn't have a player on their roster over 6'1-ish.....

...... Here you go Dave cuz I know you love it:

A source extremely close to me said:
Dave ^^^^ loves ^^^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^^ I love you

Winny double, triple and sometimes quadrupled Lunn all night. Their game plan from the Get-Go was for somebody else, not named Lunn, to beat them. It almost worked

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:48 pm

1,000 % that's a whole lot of percent.

Bosco- Bg played their whole roster in the first half as they usually do when they play teams they are pretty confident about winning.

Dave- I don't twitter. Not mocking you. You like one player alot. I like another. We will see soon enough who was right.

I believe 2,000 percent it will be me. Cool

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:53 pm

That game is at BG.

I will also be in my usual spot there.

I hope Boykins will be back for that game. I can't believe they haven't lost since he has been gone. He is a BIG part of that team.

T@F- Lunn could care less if he gets POY. That's not the trophy he is looking for at the end of the season. I can't emphasize enough what a fantastic leader he is for this team.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Season is halfway done for these 2 teams. Empty South and Alvirne tonight according to nhiaa.

Post  GNG Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:22 pm

I just read Dave's article where he previewed the game of the night Friday night in D1.

After I read the article, I thought there had to be a better game then that to pick. Nope . Dave nailed it.

Keene - Memorial. No Bedford - Concord No North - Londonderry No Timberlane - Dover No

Exeter - Spaulding No and Central - Pinkerton No

It seems like it has been this way all season. Nothing to pick from.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Season is halfway done for these 2 teams. Empty South beats Alvirne

Post  GNG Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:49 pm

THREE technicals in game.

The year of the technical foul continues.

Jack Preston ejected in 4th quarter for leaving bench.

Four seasons worth of technicals have been called in half a season in division one this year.

What's the problem?

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:53 pm

Did Alvrine beat South

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  The Edge Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:10 pm

South won 74-60 but game was much closer. South opened it up after 3 dunks by Jack Preston. The last of which was absolutely Blake Griffin like over an Alvirne defender. He then got T'd up for taunting after the dunk and then later came off the bench during a pushing match between two players on the floor.

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:22 pm

There does seem to be an over abundant amount of technicals this season.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:31 pm

I think according to rule Jack Preston might be gone for the next 2 games.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:36 pm

The shoving match was it cause by a dirty play or taunting

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  The Edge Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:56 pm

The shoving match was after a loose ball situation that ended in a jump ball possession

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:18 am

If he does have to sit out two games it would be a tough game against Exeter without him. The big kid for Exeter is pretty good.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:34 am

Leaving the bench to go on the court for anything is a big NO NO.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  The Edge Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:33 pm

Tuesday and Friday wrote:Leaving the bench to go on the court for anything is a big NO NO.

I might be willing to give a reprieve on this one. The South bench was calling for a timeout during the loose ball situation. The whistle for the tie-up happened at the same time. The shoving match occured as the players untangled from the floor. If he thought his team was granted the timeout leaving the bench is not such a big deal(i.e. going out to pat a teammate on the back for good hustle). Both teams had bench players on the floor to some degree. As this play occured in the South bench end the refs were closer to their bench they saw Preston was the furthest onto the floor after intially breaking up the skirmish. Not being able to read minds I can't tell what his intention was, but my impression was that he was not intending to join the altercation. The refs did a great job of stopping the initial fracas and keeping the other players off the floor.
But if the strict rule is your gone for 2 games for leaving the bench by the refs decision then he should be out.

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:50 pm

The Edge wrote:South won 74-60 but game was much closer. South opened it up after 3 dunks by Jack Preston. The last of which was absolutely Blake Griffin like over an Alvirne defender. He then got T'd up for taunting after the dunk and then later came off the bench during a pushing match between two players on the floor.

For ejections, I believe players are suspended for one game and coaches are suspended for two games.

Should Mr. Preston have been immediately ejected for his "taunting" after the "Blake Griffin" dunk?

BY-LAW ARTICLE IX
Sportsmanship

Sect. 4: TAUNTING
Taunting in all sports is a flagrant unsportsmanlike foul, which shall result in the ejection of the participant from that day of competition, plus the next day of scheduled competition.
Taunting is defined as:
"Any actions or comments by coaches, players, or other game personnel which are intended to bait, anger, embarrass, ridicule, or demean others, whether or not the deeds or words are vulgar or racist. Included is contact that berates, needles, intimidates, or threatens based on race, gender, ethnic origin or background, and conduct that attacks religious beliefs, size, economic status, speech, family, special needs, or personal matters."
Examples of taunting that would lead to ejection include, but are not limited to "trash talk", physical intimidation outside the spirit of the game, reference to sexual orientation; "in the face" confrontations by one player to another; standing over/straddling a tackled or fallen player.
NOTE: This policy reinforces the responsibility of game officials, site managers, and game directors during regular season and NHIAA tournament play.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next