New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Auburn Pitts With NH Sportspage

3 posters

Go down

Auburn Pitts With NH Sportspage Empty Auburn Pitts With NH Sportspage

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:35 pm

The Auburn Pitts was anything but yesterday. It was a good get together talking hoops.

First, let me say Big Carmen was very gracious in making sure the NH Sports Page boys were comfortable yesterday afternoon. Second, let me thank the boys of NHSP for letting this forum member partake in the festivities. Big Carmen is like Old Fezziwig making sure every one's glass is filled and plate is full while smiling and laughing the whole time. It definitely ratcheted up my Christmas spirit.

So..... Justin was wearing a replica 1980 CCCP red hockey jersey which lead me to believe he might be the only person in the USA who was disappointed with the Miracle on Ice result. The Asst and Pete had their iPad/lap tops out seriously checking their fantasy football updates on the array of flat screens at the Pitts. Mr Kesty was a comforting soul seemingly oblivious to the mostly caffeinated personalities sitting at the square table.

Oh, I almost forgot about Dave Haley. How could I forget Dave !! You know what I love about Dave? When he starts spinning a story, he starts off verbally going 80 mph on 93 North, then takes a detour on Rte 3 south going 45 mph, but then hits 293 through Manchester changing 4 lanes while going 75 mph and ties every thing in so nicely with a punch line at the 1000 Elm St Plaza in Manchester.

Well, only Dave can appreciate this as:

"My sources tell me"........... That in the discussion yesterday was an interesting point brought up that in the future could a high school basketball player get a college scholarship by NOT playing HS basketball and jjust playing AAU basketball and going to camps. It is an interesting premise which had interesting discussion. Stay tuned for a possible future article on it, "from one of my sources."

I love Pete's line when discussing Brett Hanson of Central who came out of no where to score 20 against Alvirne last Friday. Pete said, "He is 6 foot nothing and 100 nothing." Maybe, now other opponents of Central will know something about Brett Hanson.

The Isaiah Joseph situation at Central. Are you kidding me. This situation was known for a LLOOOONNNNGGG TIME and it still hasn't been addressed. Whether he becomes ineligible or not, the Central basketball team should've known one way or another before the season started.

"A source close to me" said Tyler Livingston was bringing the ball up against the Central pressure and then NOT becoming a presence in the paint. Not good news to start the Bronco season.

We had a healthy discussion about who would win if Pre season #1 D1 Central played Pre season #1 D2 Pembroke. I said if there was a starting team between the 2 squads that chances are very good 3 to 4 of the starters would be from Pembroke, but "A source close to me" stated he would pick Central to win because the Central players are just tough as heck.

Justin will be broadcasting the Spaulding at Londonderry boy's game this Thursday at 7:00 pm. "A source close to me" informed me Spaulding will have early season issues going against pressure defense and developing a point guard.

The coaches box was discussed also. It is a big point of emphasis this season and the enforcement of it. Warnings will certainly be given and Technicals might be assessed for being out of the 14 area early in the season. There was mention, by a "source close to me", that the QCIBT will be very interesting to watch since there are some coaches involved in that tournament that seem to want to expand the parameters of the coaches box in any given game. Stay tuned....

After suds, stories and laughs it was time to hit the slippery roads. Thank God Dave had his broken ice scraper for me to use on my ice scraper-less car or else I'd still be at the Pitts having wings and Long Trail's. Almost like Santa Clause, Dave announced these get togethers would happen again at the Pitts.

At this point it was Merry christmas to all and to all looking forward to a great HS basketball season !!!

santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Auburn Pitts With NH Sportspage Empty Re: Auburn Pitts With NH Sportspage

Post  goldenbear Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:56 pm

Why is Joseph not eligible, he played u 16 AAU this past summer, so it is not age factor he is only a JR in school as well.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  mmartineaunhti2015 Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:12 am

Joseph is a fifth year senior. So you only have 4 years of eligibility in high school sports. So if you go into a fifth year of high school you have to get a waiver

mmartineaunhti2015
All-State
All-State

https://www.youtube.com/user/MichaelMartineaumchs

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:09 pm

He played AAU for an organization I am involved with he only turned 18 this September, I was told he was held back early on in school not during High school. But either way this kid is just 18 so the NHIAA should let him play this year, basketball as kept him in school and he as come a long way in short time according to some Central parents, with out basketball his he even in school at this point. Sometimes the need of the individual out ways the rules.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down